Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL Announces 1st Women's Winter Classic Game

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    The Post article was less specific on the question than I remembered, but it cited that the liability waivers the players signed were conditioned on the ice being playable. That led me to conclude that any lawsuit was based upon a breach of contract rather than negligence, bit it's possible that I am reading that wrong.
    the old coot didn't remember and read something into it that wasn't there
    No! tell me it isn't so!

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
    Here are NHL players complaining about ice conditions, excerpted from article on Yahoo Sports. They were complaining about conditions on DEC 31, 2015 during practice skates, the SAME DAY as the Women's NHL Classic. Now I'm no lawyer, but seems like something was up with the ice on the day the women played:

But the above-freezing temps and the glaring sun produced an ice surface that both the Bruins and Montreal Canadiens labeled as “soft.” Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg said one corner of the rink that was exposed to the sun was, frankly, “dangerous.” “The one end was very slushy. The one corner was very dangerous, [when you were] kind of turning,” he said. “But what are you going to do? You have to deal with it.”

Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara saw the same conditions. "For the most part, during practice, we stayed away from that corner of the ice, for safety reasons,” he said.

The ice conditions in that corner worsened as practice continued. “At the end, it was tough to turn. Very soft. Very slushy. It’ll be an adventure every time you go in there,” said Seidenberg.

The Canadiens also experienced some questionable ice conditions. “Not as good as an indoor rink, obviously. Very soft, very soft. And slushy at the end,” said forward Lars Eller. “Two of the corners were particularly soft.”
    so bad ice two hours before she fell was the cause?

conditions can change drastically in 10-15 minutes when an ice sheet is refrigerated, and we are supposed to believe the ref and linesmen would allow the game to proceed if it was as bad as you say, and that none of the players would complain? (After the game, Patrick Burke, the N.H.L. director of player safety, said that Dan Craig, a league official who oversaw the playing surface, had said the ice was fine.)
    it's funny how nobody mentioned ice conditions being a factor until lawyers got involved, for example, from her coach immediately afterword:

Jay downplayed ice conditions as a factor in the injury.
    "I don't think the ice was an issue at all," he said. "It was just a hockey play, going into the corner. She stepped on a stick and just lost her footing a little."

hopefully she'll have a speedy and full recovery, I would think between any insurance she may have, her team may have, and the event, and all that has been donated, her bills should be covered, which might have something to do with why a previous poster alluded to ambulance chasers
    Last edited by pokechecker; 01-18-2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      the old coot didn't remember and read something into it that wasn't there
      No! tell me it isn't so!

so bad ice two hours before she fell was the cause?

conditions can change drastically in 10-15 minutes when an ice sheet is refrigerated, and we are supposed to believe the ref and linesmen would allow the game to proceed if it was as bad as you say, and that none of the players would complain? (After the game, Patrick Burke, the N.H.L. director of player safety, said that Dan Craig, a league official who oversaw the playing surface, had said the ice was fine.)
      it's funny how nobody mentioned ice conditions being a factor until lawyers got involved, for example, from her coach immediately afterword:

Jay downplayed ice conditions as a factor in the injury.
      "I don't think the ice was an issue at all," he said. "It was just a hockey play, going into the corner. She stepped on a stick and just lost her footing a little."

hopefully she'll have a speedy and full recovery, I would think between any insurance she may have, her team may have, and the event, and all that has been donated, her bills should be covered, which might have something to do with why a previous poster alluded to ambulance chasers
      you people are unreal. a player is seriously hurt and you feel it necessary to post this crap? would you post this s#it if it were your daughter or son?
      grow a fkn heart people. people screw around on this board to get each other going but this is totally unfair to this kid and her family.

totally disgusting...
      must be a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
        you people are unreal. a player is seriously hurt and you feel it necessary to post this crap? would you post this s#it if it were your daughter or son?
        grow a fkn heart people. people screw around on this board to get each other going but this is totally unfair to this kid and her family.

totally disgusting...
        must be a lawyer.
        Agreed, no amount of money, however it is garnered, can compensate for the trials and tribulations this young lady may be facing for the rest of her life, both mentally and physically. Focus should be on support, whether it be morally, financially or both. Good to see that several groups with bigger pockets are stepping up to the plate with substantial donations (e.g. Bruins/NHL).
        Last edited by OnMAA; 01-19-2016, 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Agreed, no amount of money, however it is garnered, can compensate for the trials and tribulations this young lady may be facing for the rest of her life, both mentally and physically. Focus should be on support, whether it be morally, financially or both. Good to see the several groups with bigger pockets are stepping up to the plate with substantial donations (e.g. Bruins/NHL).
          Well said and thank you for doing so.

Comment

totally disgusting...
            must be a lawyer.
            It's pukechucker, ignore it he deserves no better as he is always looking for a fight and intentionally misrepresents what people post while being insulting. This is a new low for him. Just never respond to him, he does not merit attention.
            Last edited by ne7minder; 01-19-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              It's pukechucker, ignore it he deserves no better as he is always looking for a fight and intentionally misrepresents what people post while being insulting. This is a new low for him. Just never respond to him, he does not merit attention.
              will he be in NH? will you be? can you point him out to me?

Comment

Pokechecker is a board phantom; no one here has ever seen him in person, nor have any of the Minnesota fans I asked out at Ridder last year.

He's the male RStarr.
                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-20-2016, 07:19 AM.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Pokechecker is a board phantom; no one here has ever seen him in person, nor has any of the Minnesota fans I asked out at Ridder last year.

He's the male RStarr.
                  RStarr I don't know about, but he acts like a brown star for sure. If he is as pleasant in person as he is here I would expect people could pick him out so either he behaves like a decent human in person or he never really goes to games.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Pokechecker is a board phantom; no one here has ever seen him in person, nor has any of the Minnesota fans I asked out at Ridder last year.
                    I saw you.
                    The look on your face when you realized BC wasn’t going to make the final was priceless.
                    But only for a second or two, If a game played by girls is that important to you, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for you. Sure they are entertaining to watch, but if they succeed it doesn’t make me any better, and if they fail it doesn’t make me any the less.

If you have something to say to me, say it here, don’t deprive others of your stupidity and a few good laughs.

totally disgusting...
                    must be a lawyer.
                    It is interesting that you of all the people here would say that, if I had more time I’d find the post where you were trying to claim that none of the players read what is posted here or put any importance to it, consequently it doesn’t matter what is said here.
                    But I get it, do as I say, not as I do…. Kinda like ONMAA:
                    Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    Agreed, no amount of money, however it is garnered, can compensate for the trials and tribulations this young lady may be facing for the rest of her life, both mentally and physically. Focus should be on support, whether it be morally, financially or both. Good to see that several groups with bigger pockets are stepping up to the plate with substantial donations (e.g. Bruins/NHL).
                    Put your money where your mouth is and write a check and make it a big one, put up or shut up. You people who tell others what they should be doing always crack me up because you never do it yourself.
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 01-19-2016, 05:09 PM. Reason: ... and just ignore angry lesbians

Comment

It's official! pokechecker now has a commanding lead in the 2016 USCHO Dumbest Post of the Year. We'll have to start a new thread to track how he's doing vs the competition. If we wait a bit, he might outdo himself... let's wait and see what comes next!

Comment

Thanks for proving my theory. You hate womens hockey and only stop by to be an anal orifice. How pathetic your crappy little life must be.
                        Last edited by ne7minder; 01-19-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          Thanks for proving my theory. You hate womens hockey and only stop by to be an anal orifice. How pathetic your crappy little life must be.
                          This site really needs cleek's pie filter.

Comment

I saw you.
                            It's funny you say this because RStarr did the exact same thing when I was in Denver in 2008, and also bragged about it on the forum, and it was also creepy.

If a game played by girls is that important to you, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for you.
                            TIMESTAMP: 1/19/2016, 6:02PM EST: WE HAVE REACHED PEAK POKECHECKER

Last edited by pokechecker; Yesterday at 06:09 PM. Reason: ... and just ignore angry lesbians
                            Wait, nope... 6:09pm: NOW we have reached peak pokechecker

That post was awesome; thank you
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I saw you.
                              The look on your face when you realized BC wasn’t going to make the final was priceless.
                              But only for a second or two, If a game played by girls is that important to you, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for you. Sure they are entertaining to watch, but if they succeed it doesn’t make me any better, and if they fail it doesn’t make me any the less.

If you have something to say to me, say it here, don’t deprive others of your stupidity and a few good laughs.

It is interesting that you of all the people here would say that, if I had more time I’d find the post where you were trying to claim that none of the players read what is posted here or put any importance to it, consequently it doesn’t matter what is said here.
                              But I get it, do as I say, not as I do…. Kinda like ONMAA:

Put your money where your mouth is and write a check and make it a big one, put up or shut up. You people who tell others what they should be doing always crack me up because you never do it yourself.

do you really think she will be on this website you moron? her family may so you should really shut your glory hole. if you come to UNH please seek me out. i'll be the guy in the Notre Dame sweatshirt. i'll be at the front of the line of at least 30 people...we can exchange pleasantries.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                                This site really needs cleek's pie filter.
                                What the site needs is a ban hammer for evil trolls. I had been ignoring Pukechucker for a while now but this latest was just too special. I just skip over anything he posts & will never respond to him, I'd ask that everyone do the same. He has shown himself to be beneath contempt and we have already wasted more bits on him than he is worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X