Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Year by Year NCAA Points Leaders

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Sean - 1955/56 Eddie Rowe played in 23 games for CCT. (Source)

Paul Kariya 92/93 stats are HERE

90/91 Scott Beattie stats
    Joe, thanks for the information on Eddie Rowe and for pointing me to hockeydb.com for the other stats. Checking hockeydb.com and the NCAA guides again allowed me to get the games played for most of the rest of the players, except for Spike Wilson and the Dartmouth players in the forties.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    every college hockey team's fan base should have a Sean Pickett
    Thank you. It would make it much easier for me when I am researching other teams.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Great work. What does the chart look like when you adjust for games played?
    I have created a PPG chart for the scoring leaders and added a PPG column to my annual scoring leaders spreadsheet, which has been updated with missing games played, goals and assists. The games played for 1940-41, 41-42, 42-43, 43-44, 44-45, 46-47 and 48-49 are for the totals games played by that team for the season. Last season Johnny Gaudreau was the first scoring leader since Jason Krog in 1998-99 to reach 2 PPG, a span of 15 seasons without a scoring leader with at least 2 PPG. Over the 75 seasons I have compiled scoring leaders for there have been 24 scoring leaders with a PPG less than 2 and all have been since 1987.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 12-26-2015, 11:09 PM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I looked at this season's scoring stats and I see that Andrew Poturalski is currently leading the all scorers with 32 points in 16 games, good for 2 PPG. I have created another spreadsheet that compares Gaudreau's, Eichel's and Poturalski's game-by-game scoring totals (with chart). Besides being on a 2 PPG game scoring pace Poturalski is ahead of both Gaudreau' and Eichel after 16 games. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain his scoring pace and I will try to update this spreadsheet every week.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        I looked at this season's scoring stats and I see that Andrew Poturalski is currently leading the all scorers with 32 points in 16 games, good for 2 PPG. I have created another spreadsheet that compares Gaudreau's, Eichel's and Poturalski's game-by-game scoring totals (with chart). Besides being on a 2 PPG game scoring pace Poturalski is ahead of both Gaudreau' and Eichel after 16 games. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain his scoring pace and I will try to update this spreadsheet every week.

Sean
        I noticed for 66-67 ECAC leading scorer the 1981 Guide has Jerry York playing for BU. I didn't bother checking earlier Guides.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I noticed for 66-67 ECAC leading scorer the 1981 Guide has Jerry York playing for BU. I didn't bother checking earlier Guides.
          Playing for whom? Jerry is a Double Eagle (BC High & BC). The only thing greater in that provincial city is a Triple Eagle (+ BC Law)
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            The 1968 NCAA Guide states, "Bruce Boissoin, a sophomore from Oswego State led all eastern scorers with 87 points, while the top scorer from Division I was another sophomore, Herb Wakabayashi, with 67." Despite Oswego State being DII Boissoin was listed as the scoring leader for the 1966-67 season and remained on the list until the 1976 NCAA Guide when all DII players who had been on the list were replace by DI players (other players removed from the list were Bob Quinn, Boston State, 1964-65 & 65-66; Larry Murphy, Holy Cross, 1969-70; and Marv Degan, Worcester State, 1971-72). Herb Wakabayashi replaced Boissoin on the list and remained alone on it until the 1981 NCAA Guide when Jerry York was added as co-scoring leader. I'm sure the BU was a simple mistake as both Herb, immediately before him, and Mike Hyndman, the 1967-68 scoring leader, immediately after him, both played for BU. What is interesting is that 1966-67 was Oswego's first DII season and the team only played 11 games against varsity teams (2 vs. DII, 2 vs. DI, 4 vs. DIII and 3 vs. Canadian) with the remaining 9 games against club teams (which they outscored 116-15). Because of this The Intercollegiate Hockey News did not even list Boissoin as the DII scoring leader for the 1966-67 season.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Wakabayashi was a genius with the puck. Centered BU's pinball line, one of the best I've ever seen. Amazing puck movement. Games against Harkness's Cornell teams were something to watch.

Comment

I have just obtained a copy of the 1999-00 Alaska Fairbanks media guide. It turns out that Alaska did have a DI scoring leader, Steve Moria, who tied with Bill Watson of UMD in 1984-85 for points with 109. I have added him to my list of annual scoring leaders and have updated it with a few games played I was missing from the 1940s. I have also updated Andrew Poturalski's scoring to include the past 2 games against Maine.

I have also updated the spreadsheet that compares Gaudreau's, Eichel's and Poturalski's game-by-game scoring totals (with chart) to include the past 2 games. On Tuesday he had both a goal and as assist, but Wednesday he was held pointless, dropping his PPG to 1.89. He is now just 2 poinmts ahead of his teamate Tyler Kelleher for the scoring lead.

Finally, I have updated my PPG chart for the scoring leaders as there are some minor changes do to adding Steve Moria and my having found a few more games played information for the 1940s.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Dean Fedorchuk and Tavis MacMillan both had 74 points in 1993-1994 for Alaska Fairbanks. Statistics on hockeydb.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                    Dean Fedorchuk and Tavis MacMillan both had 74 points in 1993-1994 for Alaska Fairbanks. Statistics on hockeydb.
                    Unfortunately, the 1999-00 Alaska Fairbanks Media Guide I have does not have a list of yearly scoring leaders, nor did the 1993-94 TIHN have a list of overall scoring leaders, just league scoring leaders. Do you have access to the 1994-95 UAF Media Guide which should have the players 1993-94 stats?

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by adam_777 View Post
                      Trying to find a list of overall points leaders for the NCAA dating back to 1953-54 season, or at least as far back as possible. Does anyone know where I can find this list? I only need the names of points leaders for each season and if possible how many points they had.

Thanks for any help that can be given
                      I have a reference at home that goes from about 1900 through 1988 with this data. I will key it in when I have a moment. Everything after 1988 should be available through the usual suspects (hockeydb, eliteprospects, USCHO, CHN, etc)

You can ping my email if you have further questions.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have updated the list of annual scoring leaders to include both Dean Fedorchuk and Tavis MacMillan as co-leaders for 1993-94 and Andrew Poturalski's 2 points vs Vermont.

I have also updated Poturalski's scoring on Gaudreau's, Eichel's and Poturalski's game-by-game scoring totals comparison to include the Vermont game. His PPG remains at 1.89 and he also remains 2 points ahead of his teammate Tyler Kelleher for the scoring lead.

I have updated the annual scoring leaders chart and annual scoring leaders PPG chart as there are some minor changes due to adding Dean Fedorchuk and Tavis MacMillan.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          I have updated the list of annual scoring leaders to include both Dean Fedorchuk and Tavis MacMillan as co-leaders for 1993-94 and Andrew Poturalski's 2 points vs Vermont.

I have also updated Poturalski's scoring on Gaudreau's, Eichel's and Poturalski's game-by-game scoring totals comparison to include the Vermont game. His PPG remains at 1.89 and he also remains 2 points ahead of his teammate Tyler Kelleher for the scoring lead.

I have updated the annual scoring leaders chart and annual scoring leaders PPG chart as there are some minor changes due to adding Dean Fedorchuk and Tavis MacMillan.

Sean
                          There is currently a new scoring leader for this season, Kyle Connor. Andrew Poturalski has cooled off, scoring only 5 points over his last 7 games. Meanwhile, Connor, who has played 3 fewer games, has exploded for 17 points over his last 6 games (and his linemates have also exploded for 16 and 18 points as well). I have added Connor to the game-by-game spreadsheet, but I've also left Poturalski on it to show how he is currently falling off the pace.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

those Dartmouth boys back in the 40's were really dicks. they would be ahead 29-0 against a team, and send out their best players to get it 30-0. Dick Rondeau got 23 points for that one.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Connor has cooled, with only a point in each of his last three games, while Poturalski had a 2 point game aganist BC, but only 1 point vs UML. Both are now tied for the scoring lead, but Connor is still ahead in PPG. Connor is a point ahead of Eichel after 25 games, and will need 4 points in the next 2 games to maintain his lead. Poturalski continues to fall off Eichel's scoring pace and the next two games are his best chance to gain ground against Eichel over the next 8 games.

Right now I think Connor has the better chance of winning the scoring title this season, but post-season success will likely play a part in who wins. Here is the updated spreadsheet.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

This past weekend was Poturalski's best chance of catching Eichel, but he was only able to close the gap by a single point. He now has to average 2.67 points a game over the next six games (16 points in 6 games) to stay within 3 points of Eichel over that span. Connor had a 4 point weekend, matching Eichel's total from last season for the two games and maintains his 1 point lead after 27 games. He will have a great chance to increase his lead over the next three games as Eichel only had a single point in each of them.

Connor has moved a point in front of Poturalski for the scoring title and appears to have a better chance to win it, but post-season success will likely play a part in who wins. Here is the updated spreadsheet.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X