2016 World Junior Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 World Junior Championship

Some prime D-1 talent are about to embark on a trip to Finland for the World Junior Championships. The US team made three cuts after a 4-1 exhibition win against UMass on Friday. After an exhibition against finland on Tuesday, final cuts will be made for tourney play which begins on Saturday December 26 against Canada. The U.S. will compete in a group with Canada, Denmark, Switzerland and Sweden. All U.S. games will be broadcast live on NHL Network. http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rer_id=1093254
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: 2016 World Junior Championship

Official site of the WJC. http://www.worldjunior2016.com/
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Team USA camp roster (as of 19 Dec.)

Goaltenders:
      Brandon Halverson, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
      Alex Nedeljkovic, Flint Firebirds (OHL)

Defencemen:
      Louie Belpedio, Miami University (NCHC)
      Will Borgen, St. Cloud State University (NCHC)
      Brandon Carlo, Ti-City Americans (WHL)
      Ryan Collins, University of Minnesota (Big Ten)
      Brandon Fortunato, Boston University (HEA)
      Chad Krys, U.S. National Under-18 Team (USHL)
      Charlie McAvoy, Boston University (HEA)
      Zach Werenski, University of Michigan (Big Ten)

Forwards:
      Anders Bjork, University of Notre Dame (HEA)
      Brock Boeser, University of North Dakota (NCHC)
      Alex DeBrincat, Erie Otters (OHL)
      Ryan Donato, Harvard University (ECAC Hockey)
      Christian Dvorak, London Knights (OHL)
      Scott Eansor, Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
      Ryan Hitchcock, Yale University (ECAC Hockey)
      Clayton Keller, U.S. National Under-18 Team (USHL)
      Auston Matthews, ZSC Lions Zurich (SUI)
      Ryan MacInnis, Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
      Sonny Milano, Lake Erie Monsters (AHL)
      Nick Schmaltz, University of North Dakota (NCHC)
      Matthew Tkachuk, London Knights (OHL)
      Colin White, Boston College (HEA)

Head Coach:
      Ron Wilson

The 27-player U.S. preliminary roster was trimmed with forward Kieffer Bellows (Edina, Minn./U.S. National Under-18 Team), defenseman Casey Fitzgerald (North Reading, Mass./Boston College); and goaltender Tyler Parsons (Chesterfield, Mich./London Knights) being released.
      Last edited by LTsatch; 12-19-2015, 04:49 PM.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

As much as I like Dave Starman, I prefer the TSN team of Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          As much as I like Dave Starman, I prefer the TSN team of Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro.
          I'm not a Starman fan. I think he's a shill for the nchc.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            He was on the uscho podcast this week and sounded more like he was shilling for Hockey East. Didn't talk much NCHC.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              He just has good taste in hockey...

Comment

Looks like USA might be a couple of Connor's short this year. Sure would be nice if for once they could pick a team made up of the best players that are eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  He just has good taste in hockey...
                  I concur.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    He was on the uscho podcast this week and sounded more like he was shilling for Hockey East. Didn't talk much NCHC.
                    Couple of things here

I saw Starman on Friday night at the USA and UMass game and seen him this year with a youth team at PC (maybe his sons were on that squad).

Sonny Milano was an absolute beast on Friday night as he was the USA squad's best offensive option with a ridiculous backhand 360 goal. Biggest issue with him is the fact he doesn't play a lick of defense and flies the zone a ton.

Schmaltz scored a gorgeous wrist shot goal going to his right and shooting it into the top left corner of the net.

Couple of other guys that stuck out were Christian Dvorak who was all over the ice and Colin White is one of the hardest workers that I have seen.

I walked by Alex DeBrinecat in the hallway... he is short ;-)

The UMass goalie on Friday night was their third string goalie and played out of his mind with 3 ten bell saves.

The defense and goalies were not tested really so nothing to say about them.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      The defense and goalies were not tested really so nothing to say about them.
                      Not sure the results would have been great if they had been.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Some prime D-1 talent are about to embark on a trip to Finland for the World Junior Championships. The U.S. will compete in a group with Canada, Denmark, Switzerland and Sweden. All U.S. games will be broadcast live on NHL Network.http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rer_id=1093254
                        Including UNO freshman forward and Chicago Blackhawks 4th round draft pick Fredrik Olofsson, who is a member of team Sweden.

Comment

USA is still good enough to win without Connor, Roslovic, Tuck but its stunning that at least Connor didnt make it. The forward core still looks nice, lot of quality depth for the USA at forward these days. I hated Schmaltz at last years WJC but him and Boeser have been sick this year so hopefully we see the NoDak version of him and not last years scrub version. Looks like we might see a Tkachuk, Matthews, Debrincat top line. When was the last time we had an all draft eligible top line at this tournament??

If we had all eligible players would this be the best forward core in US history on paper?

Larkin, Eichel, Matthews, Boeser, Milano, Schmaltz, Connor, Debrincat, Tkachuk, White, Tuch, etc...is a lot of high end talent.

Comment

A look behind the scenes at camp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ79ALDCalA
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

USA beats finland 3-2 in final tourney tune-up. Milano, DeBrincat and Dvorak score for USA, Cuts will be made before 12/24. http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/ne...rer_id=1093254
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X