Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 World Junior Championship

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    just watching the end of the Belarus / Slovakia game. Belarus down 3-2 with a minute left and on a 6 on 4 power play. Slovakia steals the puck and while on the way to a clear game icing empty netter, the Belarus goalie bolts of the bench to try and prevent the game clinching shot and also creating a 7 on 4 situation. Not only did the goalie not prevent the goal, he managed to injure himself in the process. Crazy.
    Penalty was over by then, but that was just wacky.

Is nhl.com actually going to cover all the games this time, or just the US ones and I need to find a "less than reputable site" to watch the rest?

Comment

They are covering most of the games live, but some will be shown on tape delay. Broadcast schedule is on page one of this thread, tape delay games have a * next to the listing.
      Last edited by LTsatch; 12-27-2015, 12:14 PM.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Anyone else notice all the Canadian company board advertising?

Can't find a Tim Hortons, though.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Tim Hortons closed most of the locations around here. Maybe it's on the other side.

I'm not surprised they'd have all the ads, considering they put the most into this tournament, hence why they host every other year.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

They certainly do travel well, the overwhelming amount of Canadian fans at the USA/Canada game proved that.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Denmark with two unanswered in the third essentially makes the quarterfinals.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                not to be a debbie downer here, but mookie has seen this movie before
                I was thinking the same thing, but then heard that this was the first win over Canada in the round robin since 1998? I know in 2010 it looked like we were going to beat them in the round robin, but they came back to win. But we won the one that really counted a few nights later.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing, but then heard that this was the first win over Canada in the round robin since 1998? I know in 2010 it looked like we were going to beat them in the round robin, but they came back to win. But we won the one that really counted a few nights later.
                  Plus, that was one of the lesser Canadian performances I have seen in some time. We might see a different goalie, but other than that, let's also remember that this is a young Canadian team.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Tim Hortons closed most of the locations around here. Maybe it's on the other side.

I'm not surprised they'd have all the ads, considering they put the most into this tournament, hence why they host every other year.
                    Hate to say it, but it looks to me like Canada is the only country that can provide decent crowds. Looked like therewere a lot of empty seats for US-Canada and a mostly empty arena for Denmark-Switzerland.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                      Hate to say it, but it looks to me like Canada is the only country that can provide decent crowds. Looked like therewere a lot of empty seats for US-Canada and a mostly empty arena for Denmark-Switzerland.
                      Which is why USA Hockey awarded the 2018 WJHC to Buffalo and not St. Louis or Tampa. The Pegulas just have to remember to double the beer allotment and to install portable pottys.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Which is why USA Hockey awarded the 2018 WJHC to Buffalo and not St. Louis or Tampa. The Pegulas just have to remember to double the beer allotment and to install portable pottys.
                        There was plenty enough beer when I went in 2011 and booed whenever Emerson Etem touched the puck. Of course, having club seats was really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          Hate to say it, but it looks to me like Canada is the only country that can provide decent crowds.
                          Didn't Grand Forks draw pretty well when they had it there? Of course that's pretty close to Canada also...
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Didn't Grand Forks draw pretty well when they had it there? Of course that's pretty close to Canada also...
                            And the Canadians drank the place dry the first night.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Anchorage did pretty well... in 1989.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

17 shots on the USA powerplay and nothing to show for it. Story of the game so far. 1-0 Sweden after 2. Shots 39-17 USA.
                                Last edited by icehawk; 12-28-2015, 09:32 AM.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X