No announcement yet.

2016 World Junior Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't look now but the Swiss are up 2-0 right now on Canada after 1!

Swiss playing pretty well and getting a couple nice bounces.

EDIT: as I'm typing this Canada gets a goal from a terrible angle to cut it to 2-1 in final minute of 1st.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: 2016 World Junior Championship

tie game...

Canada with a 5x3 PP for 35 seconds with 3:51 left in 2nd, tied at 2
      Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-29-2015, 01:24 PM.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        http://theqmjhl.ca/qmjhl-roundup-garland-scores-twice-streaking-wildcats-edge-mooseheads-3-2/

Garland should be on first line with Milano and Matthews

Is it about winning or promoting for draft?
        Are you kidding? you want a 5'7 163 lb kid to take Boesers spot? Brock Boeser is probably the best freshman in college hockey and one of the best on the junior team. Garland is good but small and didn't fit the team And what scoring problem are you talking about they just put 4 up on Canada? This team is all around great and have a really good chance of getting another gold. I'd say they have exactly who they want and need to win.

Comment

• 2-2 after two.

Shots dead even as well. Swiss giving Canada all they can handle and more right now.

Even if they can hold on for the draw, huge help to the US.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
            Are you kidding? you want a 5'7 163 lb kid to take Boesers spot? Brock Boeser is probably the best freshman in college hockey and one of the best on the junior team. Garland is good but small and didn't fit the team And what scoring problem are you talking about they just put 4 up on Canada? This team is all around great and have a really good chance of getting another gold. I'd say they have exactly who they want and need to win.
            DeBrincat is listed at 5'7 and he made the team. Calling him 5'7 is pushing it!
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              2-2 after two.

Shots dead even as well. Swiss giving Canada all they can handle and more right now.

Even if they can hold on for the draw, huge help to the US.
              As long as it gets to OT it helps the USA

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                DeBrincat is listed at 5'7 and he made the team. Calling him 5'7 is pushing it!
                Ya he is and I'm not trying to say that there isn't smaller but size like that hurts kids chances to make teams like this. The coaches know who all these kids are and how they play. To say they are just picking kids to boost their draft positions is ********. Seriously you think Chris Chelios would pick a kid if it hurt their chances of winning?

Comment

As long as it gets to OT it helps the USA
                  Just got to OT! Canada can't get maximum points now and two US regulation wins guarantee us first or second place in group.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Just got to OT! Canada can't get maximum points now and two US regulation wins guarantee us first or second place in group.
                    Sets up USA vs Canada in a semifinal likely

Comment

Or Sweden vs Canada in Semis

Comment

Sets up USA vs Canada in a semifinal likely
                        Not if Canada beats Sweden.

Headed to shootout!
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                          Ya he is and I'm not trying to say that there isn't smaller but size like that hurts kids chances to make teams like this. The coaches know who all these kids are and how they play. To say they are just picking kids to boost their draft positions is ********. Seriously you think Chris Chelios would pick a kid if it hurt their chances of winning?
                          No..I was just saying the size of the kid wasn't why he didn't get picked,

Comment

You can remove anyone you want, but Garland and Connor are definitely top 6.

Comment

So Canada gets the OT win...
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Canada wins the shootout...max Canada can get is 8 points. USA can get 9 and Sweden max is 12 (if it beats Canada and Denmark regulation)

Comment

Working...
                                X