Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BIG / WCHA Challenge - 2015 Great Lakes Invitational

Glorious!!

Steve Racine does it at JLA again. Guy is unbelievable.
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Also: NMU being the invitee was fun and it spiced things up like Ferris did last year because it was a new face. WMU is gonna be boring next year since it'll be their 3rd appearance in the last 5 years.

Glad BGSU is the invitee in 2017. Michigan-BGSU will be the first college hockey game in the new Detroit arena.

Arizona State would be a neat and wonky team to invite in the future. LSSU hasn't been to the GLI in a long time, either.
      ---
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        Also: NMU being the invitee was fun and it spiced things up like Ferris did last year because it was a new face. WMU is gonna be boring next year since it'll be their 3rd appearance in the last 5 years.

Glad BGSU is the invitee in 2017. Michigan-BGSU will be the first college hockey game in the new Detroit arena.

Arizona State would be a neat and wonky team to invite in the future. LSSU hasn't been to the GLI in a long time, either.
        It was a terrific weekend of college hockey. Every game was close and there was plenty of drama and excitement. Congrats to UM on capturing the MacInnes Cup.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Decent attendance numbers for a Tue.-Wed. Series.
          Tues.15,967
          Wed. 16,571
          Why it is not scheduled for weekend is beyond me. Must have something to do with Wings schedule.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            No, not misleading at all, that was my point. Can score in bunches one night only to struggle the next.

When you score 10 in two games only to get a split, that tells a lot.
            It is misleading, though. As you just stated, it can mean score in bunches one night, or it can say you scored 5 each night, and just got a split.

If you score a lot in one night and not the next, it could be your offense being inconsistent, or the opponent's D being inconsistent (which was the case in this instance).

If you scored 5 each night, and split, then it's either your defense being inconsistent, or the opponent's offense.

That was my point.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              It was a terrific weekend of college hockey. Every game was close and there was plenty of drama and excitement. Congrats to UM on capturing the MacInnes Cup.
              Great to send Red off with the GLI trophy. Hopefully the first of many trophies he is sent off with.

Doubtful anyone will ever touch his 15 titles.
              ---
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                Great to send Red off with the GLI trophy. Hopefully the first of many trophies he is sent off with.

Doubtful anyone will ever touch his 15 titles.
                Is this for sure Red's last year? Thought I read that somewhere earlier this year. Both happy and sad to see him go.
                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                  Is this for sure Red's last year? Thought I read that somewhere earlier this year. Both happy and sad to see him go.
                  Some (including me) thought last year was his last year.

When HE says it's his last year, I MIGHT believe it. Frankly, it'll either take a disastrous season, in which case he'll "retire" *coughcough*, or he'll go out on top (or close to it).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                    This is. Said this was his final contract awhile ago and this is the final year on it. Doesn't want to create any distractions by announcing it in a press conference because he doesn't want to make it about him.

I'm sure something will be said near the time of his final home game. Frankly, no one has the balls to ask him in the media. I've never heard anyone ask him. Probably because they're afraid of the famous look of death.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Some (including me) thought last year was his last year.

When HE says it's his last year, I MIGHT believe it. Frankly, it'll either take a disastrous season, in which case he'll "retire" *coughcough*, or he'll go out on top (or close to it).
                    Still had another year on his contract last year.
                    ---
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      This is. Said this was his final contract awhile ago and this is the final year on it. Doesn't want to create any distractions by announcing it in a press conference because he doesn't want to make it about him.

I'm sure something will be said near the time of his final home game. Frankly, no one has the balls to ask him in the media. I've never heard anyone ask him. Probably because they're afraid of the famous look of death.

Still had another year on his contract last year.
                      Contract doesn't matter. Red will retire on his own terms (at least to the public eye). What I mean by that, and hinted at in my post, he might be faced with a "resign or your fired" decision (highly unlikely), or he will retire when he darn well feels like it. Frankly, the latter is the more likely, and he's earned that without question. Not even an inkling of disagreement there. Until the Happy Valley BS, everyone said the same of JoePa. tDon has pretty much earned that right, too, IMO.

Some coaches DO reach that level. Red is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Contract doesn't matter. Red will retire on his own terms (at least to the public eye). What I mean by that, and hinted at in my post, he might be faced with a "resign or your fired" decision (highly unlikely), or he will retire when he darn well feels like it. Frankly, the latter is the more likely, and he's earned that without question. Not even an inkling of disagreement there. Until the Happy Valley BS, everyone said the same of JoePa. tDon has pretty much earned that right, too, IMO.

Some coaches DO reach that level. Red is one of them.
                        I hear things. I'm a booster. I heard about the B1G coming two years before it happened.

I'm also on all the premium boards for other sports like Football and Basketball purposes.

The insiders there, including Sam Webb who rarely talks hockey, is talking about interim AD Jim Hackett probably staying on until the hockey hire is made. Michigan is looking for a permanent AD but Hackett's final project is hiring a hockey HC.

Given how Hackett fared in the football coaching search and the securing of the richest apparel deal in college athletics with Nike/Jumpman, I'm pretty confident Michigan is gonna get their man.
                        ---
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I hear things. I'm a booster. I'm also on all the premium boards for other sports like Football and Basketball purposes.

The insiders there, including Sam Webb who rarely talks hockey, is talking about interim AD Jim Hackett probably staying on until the hockey hire is made. Michigan is looking for a permanent AD but Hackett's final project is hiring a hockey HC.

Given how Hackett fared in the football coaching search and the securing of the richest apparel deal in college athletics with Nike/Jumpman, I'm pretty confident Michigan is gonna get their man.
                          tMel ain't coming back.

But I agree MI will get who they want for the most part.

I rip Red alot, but I also do have the ultimate respect for him. What's on the ice, is left on the ice, you know?

Comment

I hear things. I'm a booster. I heard about the B1G coming two years before it happened.

I'm also on all the premium boards for other sports like Football and Basketball purposes.

Heard the same rumblings, but no names have been mentioned as targets. Recruiting is real delicate about these things.

Comment

Ben Barr welcome to Ann arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                It is misleading, though. As you just stated, it can mean score in bunches one night, or it can say you scored 5 each night, and just got a split.

If you score a lot in one night and not the next, it could be your offense being inconsistent, or the opponent's D being inconsistent (which was the case in this instance).

If you scored 5 each night, and split, then it's either your defense being inconsistent, or the opponent's offense.

That was my point.
                                Six of one, half dozen of another.

As for Red, one should ask him personally. He's a really nice guy to talk to.

Comment

Working...
                                X