RPI92              0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-12-2015, 06:00 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Re: ASU @ RPI, Sat, 12/12/15

I don’t expect Wilson in tonight’s lineup again. Told me he’s dealing with a minor ankle injury. He had no noticeable limp. These 2 games vs ASU should be the last of Devito’s absence, if I understood him correctly. Of course, he’ll now have to earn his ice time during the next few weeks before Miami. Personally I’ld go with Kazzy again & split the Miami series. Good time to give him a back-to-back. Keep skating hard & keep putting pucks on net tonight. Tonight’s game starts the 2nd half of the regular season with a chance to pick up win #10 (12 wins all of last year). Go 10-7 after that & we’re looking at a 20 win season.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Last night’s Game Highlights & SA PostGame (bottom of page)..... http://www.rpiathletics.com/index.aspx?path=hockey
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          I don’t expect Wilson in tonight’s lineup again. Told me he’s dealing with a minor ankle injury. He had no noticeable limp. These 2 games vs ASU should be the last of Devito’s absence, if I understood him correctly. Of course, he’ll now have to earn his ice time during the next few weeks before Miami. Personally I’ld go with Kazzy again & split the Miami series. Good time to give him a back-to-back. Keep skating hard & keep putting pucks on net tonight. Tonight’s game starts the 2nd half of the regular season with a chance to pick up win #10 (12 wins all of last year). Go 10-7 after that & we’re looking at a 20 win season.
          I didn't think that Wilson was a healthy scratch.

The other three members of Devito's class, Bourbonnais, Reno, and Wood, have all stepped up this year from their first two years. Hopefully we can also get that from DeVito.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I didn't think that Wilson was a healthy scratch.

The other three members of Devito's class, Bourbonnais, Reno, and Wood, have all stepped up this year from their first two years. Hopefully we can also get that from DeVito.
            It would just be nice to get another healthy forward on the team.
            No let up tonight.
            Take care of business.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              It would just be nice to get another healthy forward on the team.
              I am greedy.

It seems to me that the performance of Bourbonnais et al. this year belies the notion that no one improves while at RPI.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am greedy.

It seems to me that the performance of Bourbonnais et al. this year belies the notion that no one improves while at RPI.
                Did you know that Bourbonnais has as many goals (9) this year as any RPI player had all of last year? Not bad with half a season to go...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  Did you know that Bourbonnais has as many goals (9) this year as any RPI player had all of last year? Not bad with half a season to go...
                  Give him lots of credit. But, subtract a little bit for each dumb penalty or retaliation penalty taken this year also. Games have been altered significantly by our taking far more penalty minutes than our opponents. i do think a fairly large number were not deserved but that still leaves a lot that we earned with our own ability to allow the officials to call them on us. A small example last night - Gillespie had a very strong game, skating and shooting. But he took a totally stupid penalty late in the game. it did not cost us a loss or even a tie but it did cost Kazzie a shut out. Small point in the scheme of things but I am sure we can all list others this year that led to far more significant disappointment.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I am greedy.

Or you could look at it as evidence that some of the younger players are held back a bit in their first and second year for some reason? I prefer to look at it as you do because even after 1/2 of their first season, some of our players defensively are making mistakes that you really cannot abide at the Division I level of the NCAA. It is not only facing better plaqyers at this level, you are also going up against coaching staffs that are far better than the preparatory leagues and they can find and exploit weaknesses more easily.

Comment

It seemed like the 3rd or 4th lines were getting a lot of time last night. The competition from ASU is not very strong so I think SA is treating these like development games.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                        It seemed like the 3rd or 4th lines were getting a lot of time last night. The competition from ASU is not very strong so I think SA is treating these like development games.
                        That, and they were playing pretty well. Also, without frequent penalty calls on us, SA was able to keep lines together and just keep rolling them over the boards. It is a very different set of circumstances when we are trying to kill off a ton of penalties and toss in a couple 5 on 3 situations or a major.

Comment

I am greedy.

Not sure that can be said for the goaltenders...

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Give him lots of credit. But, subtract a little bit for each dumb penalty or retaliation penalty taken this year also. Games have been altered significantly by our taking far more penalty minutes than our opponents. i do think a fairly large number were not deserved but that still leaves a lot that we earned with our own ability to allow the officials to call them on us. A small example last night - Gillespie had a very strong game, skating and shooting. But he took a totally stupid penalty late in the game. it did not cost us a loss or even a tie but it did cost Kazzie a shut out. Small point in the scheme of things but I am sure we can all list others this year that led to far more significant disappointment.
                            To be fair, Steinel had some sort of vendetta on Bourbonnais during the CCT/SLU weekend, and Appert was hounding the ref all night during the SLU game about it. It's a little sad we have to talk about the officiating crew being a variable in games, but it does happen. Last night, for the most part, the penalties taken on both sides were deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Or you could look at it as evidence that some of the younger players are held back a bit in their first and second year for some reason? I prefer to look at it as you do because even after 1/2 of their first season, some of our players defensively are making mistakes that you really cannot abide at the Division I level of the NCAA. It is not only facing better plaqyers at this level, you are also going up against coaching staffs that are far better than the preparatory leagues and they can find and exploit weaknesses more easily.
                              It could of course also be that they were being held back. However although that may be the case for Reno, Bourbonnais and Wood just did little scoring their first two years except for RB early last season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X