Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-I Prediction: Who turns in a perfect season in 2015-16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-I Prediction: Who turns in a perfect season in 2015-16?

As we head into the final D-I women's weekend of 2015, Boston College has already completed its first "half" of the season at 20-0-0. Wisconsin plays in North Dakota this weekend attempting to match that start. The question is, whose record will still be perfect once the championship trophy is awarded in Durham, NH on March 20th?

Fine print: As a tiebreaker, in this thread predict the date on which the final team of the season loses perfection. That is, if your choice is that either the Badgers or Eagles run the table with all wins, no losses or ties, on what date does the other lose or tie for the first time, and if you say "Nobody" predict the date on which the last remaining team with a perfect record suffers a loss or tie. As a second tiebreaker, the person posting the winning answer first will be the winner. To be considered, your post or final edit of the post must occur before the puck drops for the game in question, and you must have answered the poll correctly.
    Boston College Eagles
    11.11%
    Wisconsin Badgers
    5.56%
    Nobody
    83.33%

The poll is expired.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: D-I Prediction: Who turns in a perfect season in 2015-16?

It is definitely going to be no one. Minnesota is going to win at least one at Ridder and BC probably isn't going to win the whole thing. I'm like 85% sure of this.

EDIT: Oh man when it ends is tough... I don't think BC makes it to the tournament undefeated either but UM/UW is post-Beanpot. I'll guess the first UM game at Ridder.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-10-2015, 10:32 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I'm taking no one going undefeated, and January 19th (BC @ Harvard) as the date the last unbeaten falls. FWIW, this is based upon picking Jan. 16 at Bemidji as the date of Wisconsin's first loss. So it should be an exciting week.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I don't think BC makes it to the tournament undefeated either but UM/UW is post-Beanpot.
        Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        I'm taking no one going undefeated...
        Just to be clear, the question isn't about going undefeated -- a tie ends perfection just as a loss would. I realize that by specifying a loss, you are both indicating the same thing, but I don't want others who pick one or the other using "undefeated" and "perfect" interchangeably.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Just to be clear, the question isn't about going undefeated -- a tie ends perfection just as a loss would. I realize that by specifying a loss, you are both indicating the same thing, but I don't want others who pick one or the other using "undefeated" and "perfect" interchangeably.
          Just to clarify, I would assume if Wisconsin should "win" in a shootout it would count officially as tie, thus ending their streak of perfection?
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I predict Wisconsin is perfect until the last regular season game at Ridder - losing to the Gophers on Feb. 20th.

BC's perfect season ends in the Beanpot final on Feb. 9th to NU Doghouse's Huskies.
            THINK PINK
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

I guess I just voted.

Wisconsin doesn't make it to an undefeated season because they have three or four more games against Minnesota. The dominating performance of the skunks this past weekend in Madison does NOT project to a season sweep. This is especially true considering that the next three games of the rivalry will most likely be in Minneapolis, two in the regular season finale and then the WCHA what do they call it? Final Face-Off?

And if the two western powers play again after that it will be at a neutral site. Western bias here: New Hampshire? Is that before or after the Iowa caucus?

All reports support the proposition that Boston College has a very good team. Fairly clearly the best team in the east. With the team that they have it is a long reach but not an impossibility: they could be undefeated entering the Frozen Four.

Doesn't matter.

The winner of that sixth Minnesota-Wisconsin game, whether it occurs in the Frozen Four finals or in the semi-finals is the team I favor to hoist the trophy.
              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Just to clarify, I would assume if Wisconsin should "win" in a shootout it would count officially as tie, thus ending their streak of perfection?
                Yes. The NCAA views such games as a tie, and so will we.

Comment

Just a guess is that Wisco will not go undefeated based on more play vs MN at Ridder, BC will play Harvard 2 more times for sure and will get figured out (Harvard is their kryptonite), and potentially the only clean sheet will be Union. Union will have to get a win in these next 3 games (Maine/Maine/Vermont) or I think their last chance will be Brown later.

Comment

Ted has now voted.

It's a feeble attempt at humor. I do not actually know who voted BC.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Ted has now voted.
                      Hey! Me 2

3/20/16 the striped skunks end the beagles string crushing T3s heart.

Sorry dude.

Comment

I don't see Wisconsin running the table as they still have road games against North Dakota (plus 2 in Madison), Bemidji and Minnesota to end the regular season. Then the WCHA Frozen Four is in Minnesota. Plus I can see a game like late last year against St. Cloud where the Badgers put up 60+ shots and their goalie stands on her head for a 1-0 win. Stuff happens.

This is a very good, championship-caliber Badger team, but a perfect season isn't really plausible. Looking back at the records of the Wisconsin championship teams, they averaged over 5 non-wins.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          3/20/16 the striped skunks end the beagles string crushing T3s heart.

Sorry dude.
                          Oh my God I might not make it back from Durham

Comment

Shout out to ARM for starting this *after* BC finished up its first half.

JINX IN FULL EFFECT

Comment

Anyone who gives a tiebreaker now is cheating.

Comment

Working...
                              X