• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU @ RPI, 12/11/15 and 12/12/15

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: ASU @ RPI, 12/11/15 and 12/12/15

Not much to discuss. Win both games and we stay in a decent position in the standings nation wide. Lose and we will fall precipitously.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Hopefully the “bug” that hit the Team while out @ ND will be snuffed out this coming week. Heard the bus ride back was pretty bad. That might explain the tired legs this weekend. Where they got the energy to play like they did in that 3rd period & OT I don’t know but they looked really good after 5 periods combined of bad hockey.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Looks like Jordan Masters will play in the HFH after all
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          discuss
          Thus beginneth a string of 6 straight road games for ASU where they should be pleased if they even score any goals.
          Last edited by Red Cows; 12-07-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            Thus beginneth a string of 6 straight road games for ASU where they should be pleased if they even score any goals.
            Never fear as over the many years that i have followed RPI hockey I have seen some very odd occurrences. We seem to have the knack down better than any other team to make the good look bad and bad look good. We play up to the best in the country and down to the worst. Whatever you are expecting for this weekend, just throw it all out the window and sit back and enjoy the show that RPI TV puts on. Incredibly good hockey coverage from the video side and incredible fair and balanced commentary from the audio side.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If we can sweep them with little trouble, you should have a cakewalk.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Third rule of ECAC hockey.

BTW, did any of their fans start whining about your fans yelling "night"?

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Looks like Jordan Masters will play in the HFH after all
                  I have to say, Masters was pretty impressive in the two games I watched ASU vs. Wisconsin. And I don't just mean good for a first year team guy. I mean he played like a good top six guy for just about anyone.

They have some other guys that can play a little too, and no one should just go completely to sleep on them or it could turn upside down quickly enough. They're not very good overall, but they are hungry.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

BTW, did any of their fans start whining about your fans yelling "night"?
                    As in "Good night"?. No. Anyway, it's "Knight"
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That doesn't compute. RPI never has cakewalks.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Do you mean Kepler's Third Law?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Your series with them is interesting in the sense that one would think it would be at least some sort of bellwether. I don't know how good ASU's "sea legs" were, yet, when they played Quinnipiac back on 10-15. Other than them, they haven't played another team that is in the caliber of RPI, and, by that I mean somebody that is potential tourney team. ASU hasn't been too good, looking at their numbers. Their goalie that has played the most minutes has a serviceable .923 SV% but he has given up 2.78 GAA per game and has seen a ton of shots, indicative of a pretty bad D in front of him, one would guess. I think they are behind Penn State at the same juncture. Of course, Penn State, even in their old arena, pre-Pegula, was in a facility far superior to the one ASU is playing in, now. Next weekend here in Omaha those two games, by themselves, will outdraw all the home games they play at Oceanside Arena this season combined. They'll get a first hand look at something along the lines of what they are going to have build while they are here, as well.

I saw their home game against Arizona to open the season. It was reminiscent of a USHL game, frankly.

By the way, when the heck are we ever gonna play you guys? You are still on what is now the VERY short list of teams we've never played. We won your tourney years ago and never faced you while we were doing so.
                          Last edited by Red Cows; 12-07-2015, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            By the way, when the heck are we ever gonna play you guys? You are still on what is now the VERY short list of teams we've never played. We won your tourney years ago and never faced you while we were doing so.
                            I assume that you are referring to RPI, not Clarkson since joecct is a Clarkson alum. I don't have the answer, but you are on our very short list of teams never played also.

BTW, weren't we both in another tourney more recently than the November 2005 RPI tourney?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I assume that you are referring to RPI, not Clarkson since joecct is a Clarkson alum. I don't have the answer, but you are on our very short list of teams never played also.

BTW, weren't we both in another tourney more recently than the November 2005 RPI tourney?
                              Yes, I meant RPI, not Clarkson, whom we have played. My bad for assuming everyone in the thread wasn't RPI affiliated and confusing you.

And, you are correct. I just checked and RPI played in UNO's now defunct Maverick Stampede at the start of the 2004-'05 season, which we ended up winning as well, but in which we did not play you as you guys lost to Merrimack in the first round while we opened with and beat Connecticut (the only time we have ever played them) and then beat Merrimack for the tourney crown.

The tourney you guys hosted was during the '05-'06 season. The Bank of America Holiday Tournament there in Troy, where we beat Providence and Holy Cross, and never faced the Engineers since you lost your first round game in that tourney, too.

I'd say that makes UNO and RPI the answer to a very interesting trivia question. What two teams in college hockey have played multiple games in the others arena yet have never faced one another? I guarantee you if the answer extends beyond UNO and RPI, it is one mighty short list.
                              Last edited by Red Cows; 12-08-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X