This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Two) - Managing Decreasing Expectations

Felt we held our own compete wise DT with some good stuff. FWIW dept..BTW all coaches present 😉
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-29-2016, 07:12 PM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

0-0 after one? Prov'ist fans must be stunned?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        I was off to trawl the 'Net for details of the '97 brawl ... then I saw how I won the *jackpot*!!

Say what you will about Coach Umile, but most of the time he is utterly predictable.
        Perhaps if the 'cats won last Saturday? Perhaps.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Perhaps if the 'cats won last Saturday? Perhaps.
          Makes perfect sense to start Tirone... He's had plenty to deal with already with the SOG 29-14

Comment

Like shooting fish in a barrel two easy goals. PC D is stifling making Ellis' job very easy. No real offense for the 'Cats.
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-29-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Atta boy TYK in the dirty area finally! Number 94...

Comment

I was off to trawl the 'Net for details of the '97 brawl ... then I saw how I won the *jackpot*!!

Say what you will about Coach Umile, but most of the time he is utterly predictable.
                How the mighty have fallen. Amazingly I haven't seen a single UNH hockey game this season but I've seen two UNH basketball games on ESPN3 here in Indiana. Oh the times they are a changing, and not for good.
                Go Cats!

Comment

This one not on DT 39 saves Here's the handshake 😉
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-29-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    This one not on DT 39 saves Here's the handshake 😉
                    No fisticuffs?

Great effort by Tirone.

Comment

Can someone please give billb a popsicle or something? Please??

p.s. sorry to hear about the abysmal conduct of your best friend(s), dude ... I'd be pizzed off too.
                      No, Chuck, it certainly seems you're the one looking to suck on something. Oh, yes, the Wildcats look so sharp lately. What are you going to do when they start playing good teams? Umile must go. Tell me, if you were an outstanding high school hockey player, would you be aspiring to play at UNH? Yes, I bet, with the opposing team, because it would be an easy victory. You probably voted for Obama, too, and are champing at the bit to vote for Granny. You can expound upon your perceived knowledge of hockey and your theories, but the bottom line is the final score. Yes, purity of intentions doesn't mean ****. He might think he's doing a good job, but he also might just run the table and lose the rest of the games on the schedule. Wake up. After he cashiered DeSmith on a phony trumped up charge last year, I'm surprised the whole team didn't jump ship. We can't say wait 'til next year forever; the years are running out.
                      "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                      Larry David

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
                        No, Chuck, it certainly seems you're the one looking to suck on something. Oh, yes, the Wildcats look so sharp lately. What are you going to do when they start playing good teams? Umile must go. Tell me, if you were an outstanding high school hockey player, would you be aspiring to play at UNH? Yes, I bet, with the opposing team, because it would be an easy victory. You probably voted for Obama, too, and are champing at the bit to vote for Granny. You can expound upon your perceived knowledge of hockey and your theories, but the bottom line is the final score. Yes, purity of intentions doesn't mean ****. He might think he's doing a good job, but he also might just run the table and lose the rest of the games on the schedule. Wake up. After he cashiered DeSmith on a phony trumped up charge last year, I'm surprised the whole team didn't jump ship. We can't say wait 'til next year forever; the years are running out.
                        Hahaha, dude what board are you reading?! EVERYONE wants him to call it a career ASAP...
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Hahaha, dude what board are you reading?! EVERYONE wants him to call it a career ASAP...
                          Why bother reading other posts when he so clearly has all these unique insights to share, Dan?

BTW I'm pretty sure the incumbent didn't carry Effingwoods in either election - suspect "Granny" will share the same fate ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Why bother reading other posts when he so clearly has all these unique insights to share, Dan?

BTW I'm pretty sure the incumbent didn't carry Effingwoods in either election - suspect "Granny" will share the same fate ...
                            Uh unless I have this Granny person mixed up with someone else.. She died 5 years ago?!?
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-29-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

This made for a fun read, the best/quickest info I could track down to link to the '97 UNH-PC brawl:

http://www.uscho.com/1997/02/21/this...ruary-21-1997/

Boguniecki and Filipowicz were two of the 7 suspended UNH players. The article names all 7 Friars.

Almost as entertaining in that item was the back-and-forth between Walshy and Parker. Classic stuff.

Hate to sound like a broken record (stuck CD?), but those were the days, my friends ...

p.s. - I believe that was the season Coach Umile had a late season cardiac episode, no?
                              Nice read, Brendan Walsh was still at BU, TF. Parker hated Walshy with a passion
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

While I did not expect miracles this season I didn't expect the results we've seen so far. Sorry to be negative as I know what we have on the ice but honestly, I am still surprised. Anyone else? Back at it tonight. From the PC board (and they know their team) I guess PC didn't perform very well. We held them best we could given that fact I guess and most likely last night was our best chance to hang with them if that's the case. Seemed beyond easy to shut down the 'Cats for most of the game although we did hang closer in the 3rd. I imagine no one really wants to talk about it anyway. Always glad to see fellow UNH fans not too many last night at Schneider. Wonder if they will have more fans as the place had plenty of seats; would the 'Whitt sell out night after night if we were defending NC? Think there was a bball game as well. Hey if you are there tonight hope to catch up between periods. Sitting in 117 tonight. To see us down at the bottom of HE sure is tough this morning...didn't see that coming. They say things have to get worse before they can get better but geeze..I dunno. Help us Obi-Wan Kenobi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIFJLMyUwrg

ps. And while this is miniscule in the big pic, why don't any of our captains speak to the press? Ever? I follow all the news stories and I have YET to see one of the 3 addressing the media? Eric Knodel always had input into stories...the years past him have rarely included captains remarks.
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-30-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X