• Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Two) - Managing Decreasing Expectations

Hobey Baker musings:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...ker-candidates
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Anyone remember when the Cats last had the fourth best PP in Div 1 as they do now?

Edit: And, sixth in SMT.
      Last edited by Snively65; 12-16-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Anyone remember when the Cats last had the fourth best PP in Div 1 as they do now?

Edit: And, sixth in SMT.
        What, our 'Cats??? Get out of town.... Liked the props we got from the USCHO HE blog today too. Really, really hope we can make some noise second half!

Comment

College Hockey: Things have worked out for Wildcats' Miller:
          http://www.unionleader.com/article/2....rTY5ZMZI.dpuf
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            College Hockey: Things have worked out for Wildcats' Miller:
            http://www.unionleader.com/article/2....rTY5ZMZI.dpuf
            A few interesting side notes after the Miller section of the article:

* It looks like MacDonald may be out for most (the rest?) of the season ("like 8 weeks" per Coach Umile);
            * Not too surprisingly, with Clark out for the season, Umile is looking to line up a 3rd goaltender; and
            * I didn't realize the January 2nd NC game vs. UVM was supposed to be part of a Gillette Stadium event?

Any thoughts out there on the first two issues, and any insight on the 3rd one (maybe I was living in a cave?)?
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I had not heard about UNH-UVM at Gillette either, so perhaps BS35+3 and DU were keeping that plan under wraps to thwart any internet viral speculations? Glad that Gillette did not materialize, as now I can see my first game at the Gutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

* It looks like MacDonald may be out for most (the rest?) of the season ("like 8 weeks" per Coach Umile);
                * Not too surprisingly, with Clark out for the season, Umile is looking to line up a 3rd goaltender; and
                * I didn't realize the January 2nd NC game vs. UVM was supposed to be part of a Gillette Stadium event?

Any thoughts out there on the first two issues, and any insight on the 3rd one (maybe I was living in a cave?)?
                I have a couple of questions myself after reading the article. Why was the UVM game moved from Gillette to Burlington? The other question has to do with the fact that the UVM game and the two games with Maine in Portland and Manchester are OOC games IIRC. So these won't factor in HEA standings. My question is how will they affect PWR and potential seeding for the NCAA's? I'm assuming that they will factor but just not sure.

Unfortunate for Mac but I too am curious about the goalie situation!
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  I have a couple of questions myself after reading the article. Why was the UVM game moved from Gillette to Burlington? The other question has to do with the fact that the UVM game and the two games with Maine in Portland and Manchester are OOC games IIRC. So these won't factor in HEA standings. My question is how will they affect PWR and potential seeding for the NCAA's? I'm assuming that they will factor but just not sure.
                  They will factor in to PWR the same as every other game does.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I remember hearing that there would be a Gillette game but not sure why it didn't come to pass. (Snively65 I wasn't going to the UVM game; change of plans so see you there). Last season UNH had a 3rd goalie; he was a walk on had played high school hockey somewhere in Maine. Interesting to see how they cover this. And, too bad about CMacD..a tough run of things for him injury wise in his collegiate career.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      They will factor in to PWR the same as every other game does.
                      Thanks Nick. Thats what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        I remember hearing that there would be a Gillette game but not sure why it didn't come to pass. (Snively65 I wasn't going to the UVM game; change of plans so see you there). Last season UNH had a 3rd goalie; he was a walk on had played high school hockey somewhere in Maine. Interesting to see how they cover this. And, too bad about CMacD..a tough run of things for him injury wise in his collegiate career.
                        If you haven't been to the Gutt you should go. Fun atmosphere if you can block out the f-bombs that the dirty hippies drop

Comment

It is sad to hear about the extent of Collin's injury. I do not know what they were thinking of when they scheduled a game at Gillette during football season. Somebody came to their senses as most of us believe the Pats probably think they have more football to play. I prefer Vt indoors to Gillette outdoors. I am sure they will have a club team goalie practicing with them in the near future. Our men's club team is among the best in the country as they are/were ranked 2nd in the east. Let us hope that we can get by UMaine without more serious injuries accumulating. I hope the goon hockey stops on the 29th-30th Portland/Manch series. I am sure I will see the ref at Portland/Manchester and Burlington. Thanks to you and your husband for becoming superfans. Jamie Regan is the second goaltender and he had a pretty good career in the EJHL before coming to UNH. He had one of the highest save percentages in the league his last year. He has seen limited action and I hope he plays well if Tirone needs some rest. Tirone stood on his head the Maine weekend and was very solid against Dartmouth as well. I am hoping for a strong start to the post-Xmas season. We do have Lowell in town on 1/8 and the January run includes Northeastern, The Golden Helmets and Providence (who want to annihilate us for the past 2 years in hockey east playoffs and their new Assoc Head Coach). Happy holidays to all and a first round bye for hockey east championships would be a great holiday present.

Comment

If you haven't been to the Gutt you should go. Fun atmosphere if you can block out the f-bombs that the dirty hippies drop
                            haha those dirty Vt hippies Actually went last year for 2 games; we had a great time in Burlington. Going up this year with daughter/hubby and season tix holder friends. Wasn't going but, oh well...like UNH1932 says, we are/have become superfans! Need another pom pom tho to complete the look.. Looking forward! Going to both UNH v Maine games too! Hoping to make the UNH event at Portland (pregame activities hosted by UNH alumni assn. I think).
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-17-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              haha those dirty Vt hippies Actually went last year for 2 games; we had a great time in Burlington. Going up this year with daughter/hubby and season tix holder friends. Wasn't going but, oh well...like UNH1932 says, we are/have become superfans! Need another pom pom tho to complete the look.. Looking forward! Going to both UNH v Maine games too! Hoping to make the UNH event at Portland (pregame activities hosted by UNH alumni assn. I think).
                              That should be fun. UNH1932 is right, you are a superfan! I'm thinking UNH1932 (the 1932 part is throwing me off a bit!) must be a superfan too! I'm hoping to get to the Portland game and the pre game too

Comment

That should be fun. UNH1932 is right, you are a superfan! I'm thinking UNH1932 (the 1932 part is throwing me off a bit!) must be a superfan too! I'm hoping to get to the Portland game and the pre game too
                                Dang e.cat I prob will miss that unless I find a way to get to my friends house and go up with them...would love to hang out prior!! Ooops we don't want this board to look like Facebook my bad.

Did ya see this article 'bout TvR? Awesome. So glad I have NHL game center (but of course I do.... ) to watch him and other UNH alum play in the N...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...214-story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X