X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNLV To DI?

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/12/more-...go-division-1/

Re: UNLV To DI?

Hopefully they know they can't have 21-year-old freshmen.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here we go again... which alum won a bundle at the craps table to make this happen?

Comment

The first hurdle both Khan and UNLV must jump through is to find the proper funding to fuel a successful hockey program.
        So other than the fact someone wrote an article, UNLV is really no closer to having a team than the Univ of HI Rainbow Warriors. When they have money in hand, then it will be a story.
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Just think of all the blow and strippers for the UNLV Hockey recruits!

dynasty...

Comment

Well, it takes $30 million to start a program, if that group of donors can come up with it... the UNLV athletics department isn't going to turn it down. This happening at the same time as the NHL franchise bid is certainly interesting.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              So other than the fact someone wrote an article, UNLV is really no closer to having a team than the Univ of HI Rainbow Warriors. When they have money in hand, then it will be a story.
              Ryan J
              Does anybody have actual money in hand in Vegas? Maybe they just put 10k on Denver to beat New England last week. Now to let that ride through the playoffs, and when the Super Bowl pays off we have Runnin' Rebel Hockey!
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Just a reminder, if it happens, it will be the second team to come to the "desert." And that there are still ZERO schools in Illinois thinking about making the jump. The last was Illinois, prior to the renovation of Assembly Hall and it got shot down very quickly.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Ryan J
                  Well, no the Rebels have a club team and someone interested in bringing them to DI, doubt the Warriors have any of that. It's not much, but it's something.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Here we go again... which alum won a bundle at the craps table to make this happen?
                    This is UNLV, chances are those alums are part of the house.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I haven't heard of this until today. Texted a local sports source and he said a high probability in 2-3 years. Told me they are approaching Foley for help. Take it for what it is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                        Well, it takes $30 million to start a program
                        $40 million. You're forgetting the Vegas skim.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

If they get a team, does this mean people will be able to start putting money on college hockey games?

Comment

So, a former club player at Arizona State now works for UNLV's club program (ACHA D2?) and thinks he knows what it takes to elevate the program to NCAA Varsity status?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                              So, a former club player at Arizona State now works for UNLV's club program (ACHA D2?) and thinks he knows what it takes to elevate the program to NCAA Varsity status?
                              I'm sure this reflects poorly on my narrow midwestern upbringing, but I have to admit, when I started that article I sure thought "Zee Kahn" was going to be a tech billionaire.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                              X