Wisconsin-Minnesota Border Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin-Minnesota Border Battle

Wisco wins 3-2 tonight. I saw 3 Wisconsin shirts and only 2 Minnesota shirts at Magic Kingdom tonight. #science
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Wisco wins 3-2 tonight. I saw 3 Wisconsin shirts and only 2 Minnesota shirts at Magic Kingdom tonight. #science
      #research

Comment

Even if you a gopher fan you got to like that.
        UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

We should learn a lot in the next 24 hours. This annual series has rarely been close.

Too many predictions for a UW win. Tonight its the Gophers...once they settle down. Tomorrow night will be tough though.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Almost time to DROP THE PUCK!

And, as Badger Bob famously said, "It's a great day for hockey, even if we lose."
            Blasphemy! Leveille will pay for your transgressions.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Per Twitter, tonight's game is sold out. Could actually be a bit of a scalper's market outside the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Blasphemy! Leveille will pay for your transgressions.
                Well, as you know, Badger Bob was a Gopher before he was a Badger. It's just that 'Gopher Bob' doesn't sound as good.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Don't think that's true. From the recap of the semi:

Clark dominated faceoffs through the first period and a half. She won the first eight straight against Minnesota’s Kelly Pannek. (Remember Pannek was a freshman...she's on a different level this year). From there, Minnesota coach Brad Frost adjusted his lines, putting his No. 1 against Wisconsin’s No. 2 when there was a draw in the Gophers’ defensive end.

“[We had a slow start because] we had some matchups that we wanted, line-wise, early on and they weren’t working,” Frost said. “Starting in the second period, once we put Hannah [Brandt]‘s line on the Clark-Pankowski line, the tide turned a little bit.”

“Similar to our game last Saturday, when you’re playing against world class athletes, at the end of the game you don’t want to see them on the score sheet,” said Johnson. “It just seems like the past two years, Hannah always seems to play a strong game against us. Rachel Ramsey plays a strong game against us. Cameranesi plays a strong game against us. Their elite players, their go-to players, seem to come up big in the big moments. When they needed a boost in today’s game, Hannah stepped up and scored then she set up a couple of more plays.

“That’s why she’s so special.”
                  Sorry, I misremembered it and should have gone to Google as you, especially since I'm fairly certain that's from my own recap. #whompwhomp
                  It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                    Per Twitter, tonight's game is sold out. Could actually be a bit of a scalper's market outside the arena.
                    According to Facebook, there are only limited tickets left for tomorrow, so I'd expect that one to sell out too.

Apparently tonight is supposed to be a white-out game for Badger fans? I don't think I had noticed that before now.

Comment

El dropo de la pucko
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

No score after one. Not many shots either, just 6-5 Gophers. So a very even period overall. I thought the Gophers came out a little nervous but quickly settled down and got the better of the play in the second half of the period.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          No score after one. Not many shots either, just 6-5 Gophers. So a very even period overall. I thought the Gophers came out a little nervous but quickly settled down and got the better of the play in the second half of the period.
                          I don't know that it was nerves. I felt that the Gophers were just spending their effort to take control of play. And once they did that, they started moving things forward. Outside of the first 5 minutes, I feel MN had the better play. The second will tell much.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

UW did a good job through the first half of the period taking control back themselves. UW probably had slightly better play during the period. Between that and a 5 on 3, it looked like it might be grim. But MN has enough talent where nearly every moment they're a thread. That was the case with both of their goals. Great game as expected.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Score?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                                Score?
                                2-2 after two.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...