X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO @ SCSU: Unleash the Murray! Dec 4 and 5

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    And it's not because of him....amazing.
    I'm getting an awfully bad time about this. All you guys know I am fundamentally right about the whole Thompson/Weninger thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      I'm getting an awfully bad time about this. All you guys know I am fundamentally right about the whole Thompson/Weninger thing.
      See the thing is..we don't care.
      Thompson isn't why you lost and so far Weninger isn't why you are winning.
      And Blais isn't a bad coach because he plays Thompson...but you have it stuck into your head so you are beating it to death and rightly getting ripped for it.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

See the thing is..we don't care.
        Thompson isn't why you lost and so far Weninger isn't why you are winning.
        And Blais isn't a bad coach because he plays Thompson...but you have it stuck into your head so you are beating it to death and rightly getting ripped for it.
        So, if Reijola was in goal you'd have nothing to say about that?

Because he is the functional equivalent of Kirk Thompson.

If you were a UNO fan you'd seriously be happy to see Thompson out there? Really?

And, I certainly did not call Dean Blais a bad coach. The man's won two titles. By definition, he can't be.

That doesn't mean I can't call him out for doing crazy sh*t.

Oh, by the way, UNO is now up 2-0. The Mavs are undefeated when scoring the first two goals this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          So, if Reijola was in goal you'd have nothing to say about that?

Because he is the functional equivalent of Kirk Thompson.

If you were a UNO fan you'd seriously be happy to see Thompson out there? Really?

And, I certainly did not call Dean Blais a bad coach. The man's won two titles. By definition, he can't be.

That doesn't mean I can't call him out for doing crazy sh*t.

Oh, by the way, UNO is now up 2-0. The Mavs are undefeated when scoring the first two goals this season.
          We've won with Reijola in net and looked just fine.
          The point...which you keep missing...is Thompson is not why you lost and Weninger is not why you are winning.
          Thompson was not responsible for your defense running around and Weninger is not responsible for our inability to complete passes or cover tonight.
          Your goalies have exactly ZERO to do with how these games have played out.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Well...guess we will see. LINDGREN is out.
            If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

We've won with Reijola in net and looked just fine.
              The point...which you keep missing...is Thompson is not why you lost and Weninger is not why you are winning.
              Thompson was not responsible for your defense running around and Weninger is not responsible for our inability to complete passes or cover tonight.
              Your goalies have exactly ZERO to do with how these games have played out.
              I'm not trying to pick a fight, by the way.

Hell, I appreciate you coming down and introducing yourself to me last season, the last time UNO was there. I did not see the game last night nor am I seeing the game tonight.

Nevertheless, that does not change my anger about Thompson being in goal last night. I make no claim about whether it had a meaningful impact on the game last night.

St. Cloud State may very well be the best team in the country. Seriously. They have a better resume', so far, than UNO does. Nothing I have had to say is an indictment of SCSU in any way, shape, or form. I'm mad at US, not you.

Comment

Worst we've looked all year.
                Flush it and move on.
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

This one is over...we are doing this without two of the best players in the country. Feel better about this weekend now.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                    This one is over...we are doing this without two of the best players in the country. Feel better about this weekend now.
                    Two UNO players with their first collegiate goals in this game, to boot. Galt & Morelli.

Comment

• Re: UNO @ SCSU: Unleash the Murray! Dec 4 and 5

Love the color guy: "we're only down four, come on guys you can do this."

Comment

So much for SCSU's power play dominance and UNO's dismal power play.

Comment

This was all we needed out of this series.

Points.

Too bad our head coach didn't see fit to play our our #1 goalie last night, for reasons unknown.

Comment

No matter how this ends up, the most goals UNO has scored since hanging 8 on SCSU on 2-1-14 and that was in the friendly confines.
                            Last edited by Red Cows; 12-05-2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

That's UNO's first ever win in St. Cloud.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I wore my ugly rally sweater but I think it is defective. We looked pretty good the last two minutes passing and not shooting, we have it down pat now.
                                I think we had them on the ropes. I am not sure why Blais didn't pull Weninger BTW I CAN NOT BELIEVE he gave up two goals tonight. Both were pretty soft too.
                                He could have easily pulled him with 2 minutes left and safely won.

Oh well, we'll get them next time. At least I got 4 free tickets to the CC game. Weninger is a god in my book. The team that blocked everything down the middle and kept everything to the perimeter needs to know they don't know how to play on Olympic ice. Just give it up.

PS I thought for sure I would see 5 paragraphs about how Thompson lost the game last night. He does need to work on his shot.
                                I'll be surprised if Blais is still coach this spring.

Maybe he'll give us a couple tips on PK before he retires. Especially on the last one where all four of our players left the middle and parted the Red Sea for the Omaha player flying down the slot. If it was Lindgren instead of Reijola it would have been an easy save.
                                Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-05-2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X