No announcement yet.

UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

OT... And DT with 49 saves....
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I'm not impressed with either team
      Maine looks much better skating and passing this season.......they can't hit the broadside of a brick sh*thouse though.

Comment

Sighhhh a tie...but we'll take the point. Onto the 'Whitt..DT 53 saves
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-04-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Sighhhh a tie...but we'll take the point.
          You should be happy with the tie. UNH was dominated for large stretches of the game, but Maine can't score in a whore house with a fistful of 100's.

Comment

It's a tie but it feels like a win. Nice job cats!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAAfan500 View Post
              You should be happy with the tie. UNH was dominated for large stretches of the game, but Maine can't score in a whore house with a fistful of 100's.
              Trust me..I am.

Comment

UNH has a very nice power play, 2 goals and they made it look easy. The second Maine goal was going wide left. May have been tipped in by defenseman. Maine is playing better, but they are still a bad team. They skate like their feet are in concrete and obviously can't score.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Tonight: @UMaine 6 UNH 1
                  Don't give up your day job yet Chuck!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Gotta ask a few simple questions of those who were in attendance (or otherwise watching) tonight:

(1) Did Coach Umile keep the Maginot Line intact, or has he separated those guys onto different lines?
                    (2) If they're still together ... are still masquerading with at least second-line minutes?
                    (3) Did the team take a group powder midway into the second period? All even strength goals, no??

For those looking for the proverbial UNH silver lining, it would appear Tirone had a good outing, except for about 3 minutes - certainly that's got to be a reflection of the continued struggles of the d-crew. Getting a point out of Alfond is never easy ... but these are not your grandfather's Black Bears. Fortunately for the UMaine-iacs ... these are not your grandfather's Wildcats either. Misery loves company, and with a return match tomorrow night, we can all wallow together in the shared misery of "what used to be". Bottoms up.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

You can always expect the straight scoop from walrus - no matter how painful it might be.

First team to 5 wins tonight????
                      Maine is awful UNH with the exception of that one line might be worse if thats possible. That one line is good though, the rest of the team is worse than I expected. Tirone would have let in 10 if they were playing BC tonight, Maine had so many pucks sitting in the crease. Amazing how these 2 programs have fallen, UNH certainly not as far but still.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Am happy for DT's 50 save night but not too happy that we allowed 3 goals in 4 minutes But that has been the story of the season...and 27 shots blocked so....On another note hope you had a great time up there Snively65!! Do give us a full report of your view of the game..
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-04-2015, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Gotta ask a few simple questions of those who were in attendance (or otherwise watching) tonight:

(1) Did Coach Umile keep the Maginot Line intact, or has he separated those guys onto different lines?
                          (2) If they're still together ... are still masquerading with at least second-line minutes?
                          (3) Did the team take a group powder midway into the second period? All even strength goals, no??

For those looking for the proverbial UNH silver lining, it would appear Tirone had a good outing, except for about 3 minutes - certainly that's got to be a reflection of the continued struggles of the d-crew. Getting a point out of Alfond is never easy ... but these are not your grandfather's Black Bears. Fortunately for the UMaine-iacs ... these are not your grandfather's Wildcats either. Misery loves company, and with a return match tomorrow night, we can all wallow together in the shared misery of "what used to be". Bottoms up.
                          No, they were not together. MacDonald came back into the lineup but he was on the 4th line with McNicholas and Hill. Eiserman was up playing with Gaudreault and Smith. And offensively this was the best game that Smith and Gaudreault had played in a while. Defensively UNH really struggled though. Maller and Marks both being injured hurts. But no question that was the best game Tirone has played all season. Hopefully a game like this was the thing he needed to spark his confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Am happy for DT's 50 save night but not too happy that we allowed 3 goals in 4 minutes But that has been the story of the season...and 27 shots blocked so....On another note hope you had a great time up there Snively65!! Do give us a full report of your view of the game..
                            As Wally said, easily could have been Maine 10 or 12 to 3; but, the Black Bears could not convert at least a half dozen open net shots besides the one that they did get. D was horrendous on both sides, and both teams left their goalies out to dry again and again. Tirone was incredibly lucky to escape with just three goals allowed, as he was flopping all over the crease, but Maine kept shooting into his pads, shoulders, and skates. However, two of Maine's three goals were well earned, I thought. UNH power play continues to click, which is ironic to me, given how bad the rest if their game is. I think that the senior checking line is history, as they were split up again tonight. I thought that Harry Quast played as good a game as I have seen him play.

As I noted earlier, Alfond reminded me a lot of Snively days; the line of students waiting for entry stretched all the way up the sidewalk to near the Field House, where Cindy Blodget made her name as perhaps the greatest shooting guard of all time, but not so much as a Black Bear coach. Same field house where I first heard live my all-time favorite jazz group, Dave Brubeck and friends, in 1973.

Also, downtown Orono with its multiple brew pubs and restaurants has surpassed downtown Durham by a long shot; now that is a huge change since I was a grad student here in the mid-70s, when there was only Pat's Pizza.

Sorry that I cannot make it back to Durham for the game on Saturday night; these guys are going to be really sore, as both teams laid monstrous hits on one another all night long. I thought that the refs called a good game. They had to wait over a minute for the first stoppage in play to award Maine its second goal after video review, although I could see clearly that the puck hit the back bar of the net before it caroomed out.

So, both teams are still looking for a fifth win.

Comment

• Snively

You sat in the corner and had a great view of that goal that popped out that the refs missed until replay?? I wondered who the lone uhn fan was, didn't put 2 and 2 together until you just said it was clearly a goal. I was on the other side of aisle from you. Fun game to watch but the lack of talent on both teams is frustrating.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Snively

You sat in the corner and had a great view of that goal that popped out that the refs missed until replay?? I wondered who the lone uhn fan was, didn't put 2 and 2 together until you just said it was clearly a goal. I was on the other side of aisle from you. Fun game to watch but the lack of talent on both teams is frustrating.
                                I think that at least one ref knew that it was a goal, but if any question at all, cannot review until there is a stoppage in play. Remember the UVM goal against Air Force in the Bridgeport regionals that tore through the back of the net a few years ago? Play went on for over two minutes in that one, including line changes.

I stood up and cheered after first UNH PPG, after which my two UMO colleagues suggested I might want to reconsider if UNH scored again. :-) These friends actually thought that the second Maine goal clanked off the crossbar for no goal, but the caroom was not right for that.

Overall, great experience at Alfond for me. Off to Cherryfield for the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X