PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Snively65
12-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Aww you're a good sport! Coming back for the game on Sat? Came soooo close to re considering going but not happening have a great time! Go 'Cats!

No, I am combining Alfond with work trip Downeast on Saturday. Next visit to the Whitt probably NU game in January, but hope to attend one or both of the UMO OOC games. By then, perhaps we will have a 'Champions of January' thread?

wildcatdc
12-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Inbound, 20 minutes til we land at Logan. Less than 10 hours until the puck drops. I know it's not 1999, but it's still UNH-Maine.

GO 'CATS!!

HockeyRef
12-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Inbound, 20 minutes til we land at Logan. Less than 10 hours until the puck drops. I know it's not 1999, but it's still UNH-Maine.

GO 'CATS!!

WOOOT!!! Welcome back to the States!! :D Will be at Libby's tomorrow hopefully by 5. I'm the one in the UNH jersey hahaha and my Operation Hat Trick hat!! Goooo Catttssss!! remember, by the pic between the first and second for the annual fan extravaganza...

Chuck Murray
12-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Tonight: @UMaine 6 UNH 1 :( :(
Saturday: @UNH 2 UMaine 1 (OT) :)

walrus
12-04-2015, 09:27 AM

Chuck

Maine isn't going to light up anyone for 6, this isn't your childhoods maine team :). They have 1 line, 1 PP unit and a goalie who last year couldn't stop a beachball.

Runsub5
12-04-2015, 09:32 AM

I know UNH has a porous defense, but I don't see Maine scoring 6 goals tonight.

Chuck Murray
12-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Chuck

Maine isn't going to light up anyone for 6, this isn't your childhoods maine team :). They have 1 line, 1 PP unit and a goalie who last year couldn't stop a beachball.

That's funny ... UNH has pretty much the same thing, with a goalie who THIS year can't stop a beachball.

I was actually going to predict 7-2 just for old times' sake, but will respectfully stick to my guns with 6-1.

The tricky part is actually getting myself to believe UNH can hold anyone to 1 goal, per my Saturday night pick. :eek:

walrus
12-04-2015, 10:09 AM
That's funny ... UNH has pretty much the same thing, with a goalie who THIS year can't stop a beachball.

I was actually going to predict 7-2 just for old times' sake, but will respectfully stick to my guns with 6-1.

The tricky part is actually getting myself to believe UNH can hold anyone to 1 goal, per my Saturday night pick. :eek:
Maybe they should combine teams, then they might be able to compete with PC and BC

Chuck Murray
12-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I know UNH has a porous defense ...

That's an understatement ... not to mention UNH's "senior checking line" has drawn semi-favorable comparisons in recent weeks to the effectiveness of the infamous (and equally fixed/stationary) "Maginot Line". :eek:

walrus
12-04-2015, 10:57 AM
That's an understatement ... not to mention UNH's "senior checking line" has drawn semi-favorable comparisons in recent weeks to the effectiveness of the infamous (and equally fixed/stationary) "Maginot Line". :eek:
AKA pylons? We are pretty familiar

Chuck Murray
12-04-2015, 11:23 AM
AKA pylons? We are pretty familiar

I swear sometimes I even see some of the players in question wearing orange sweaters.

HockeyRef
12-04-2015, 11:30 AM

Geeze Chuck, I mean, I know we aren't exactly playing shut down D (using the term loosely, very loosely) but 6-1? :eek: Shoot we scored 3 against BC! If they lost that big up there may as well not even bother playing Saturday... :p And sure Maine had a couple of good weekends but seriously?? Guess we'll find out!!!

Chuck Murray
12-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Geeze Chuck, I mean, I know we aren't exactly playing shut down D (using the term loosely, very loosely) but 6-1? :eek: Shoot we scored 3 against BC! If they lost that big up there may as well not even bother playing Saturday... :p And sure Maine had a couple of good weekends but seriously?? Guess we'll find out!!!

I read some comments from Correale this morning on the seacoastonline.com feed. Not going to go verbatim, but he mentioned that Alfond is a tough place to play. He went on to say it's kind of fun, etc. but the fact that a senior on this team - and one who is actually pulling his weight - even comments on issues with Alfond makes me think other (less-experienced) players may also not be thinking entirely positive thoughts for tonight's game. Admittedly there's guesswork and psych/mind-reading involved with my prediction, but with UMaine on a roll in their last four games, I can see UNH getting blown out tonight.

And then UMaine gets overconfident, and only scores 1 on Saturday night (note UNH hasn't allowed less than 2 goals in any game to date this season) and loses.

It's always easier to predict 4-3 alternating results based on stats, but that's not me ... :D

HockeyRef
12-04-2015, 01:39 PM
I read some comments from Correale this morning on the seacoastonline.com feed. Not going to go verbatim, but he mentioned that Alfond is a tough place to play. He went on to say it's kind of fun, etc. but the fact that a senior on this team - and one who is actually pulling his weight - even comments on issues with Alfond makes me think other (less-experienced) players may also not be thinking entirely positive thoughts for tonight's game. Admittedly there's guesswork and psych/mind-reading involved with my prediction, but with UMaine on a roll in their last four games, I can see UNH getting blown out tonight.

And then UMaine gets overconfident, and only scores 1 on Saturday night (note UNH hasn't allowed less than 2 goals in any game to date this season) and loses.

It's always easier to predict 4-3 alternating results based on stats, but that's not me ... :D

ugh...I can see them saying how 'hard it was to play there' and I know that has some merit. Feel the fear and do it anyway!!! **** the torpedos!!! (uh oh, going Phyliss...) Would love to see them just rise above it all and do it anyway. And thats...just me ;)

walrus
12-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Students are ready, should be rowdy if maine gets a lead

HockeyRef
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM
UNH in their whites tonight...Go 'Cats!!

Snively65
12-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Just arrived after supper and microbrew at the Bear Brew. Alfond is packed and rockin', unlike anything I have seen at the Whitt in many years. Like Chicago Cubs fans, I guess. Reminds me of old Lively Snively.

umhockey91
12-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Students are ready, should be rowdy if maine gets a lead

"If" being the operative word.

HockeyRef
12-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Corealle puts the 'Cats on the board 1-0 UNH. Couple of penalties already Pots in the box twice...Decent first period Maine had some good chances. Go 'Cats!!

NCAA watcher
12-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Maine dominated pretty soundly, with UNH having difficulties controlling puck all over the ice, particularly on defensive side.

Ugly maine unis. You're the black bears. Show one