UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Maine will sweep this weekend. You heard it here first.
    I think that's a stretch, but I will say that the way our blue liners and Tirone are playing, and the lack of a serviceable 2nd line for us, make a 3-point weekend more likely for Maine than UNH. That stated I see us splitting the weekend. You blow us out in Orono, we claw our way to a win on the backs of TK and Pots in 'Tron-land.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Maine will sweep this weekend. You heard it here first.
      If Maine sweeps the weekend, we are in bigger trouble than we thought...

I see one tight games, Maine winning in the "Old Girl" (I know you guys HATE that phrase when it comes to the Alfond) 4-3 and UNH winning decisively 4-1 at the 'Whitt...
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-01-2015, 12:15 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        The 1998-1999 season sure was a long time ago...

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/unh/sched99.php

11/27/98 - Maine 4-3 (Ben Guite attempts to decapitate Mark Mowers) - @ Whittemore Center
        02/07/99 - Maine 4-3 - @ Alfond Arena
        03/05-06/99 - UNH 6-1, 4-1 (In a legitimate 'White Out' and one of the absolute best sporting atmospheres I've ever experienced, as UNH captured the HE Regular Season title) - @ Whittemore Center

As far as I can tell, they only played those four times that season. I certainly can't recall any meetings in April...???
        Only inaccuracy of your '98/'99 timeline was Guite's cheap shot incident occurred in the previous season (Mowers was a senior in '97/'98) in the finals of the late, lamented Governors Cup tourney. I went to look it up to make sure, and fondly remembered how that game turned out. THIS was truly the stuff that used to make UNH perennial "Champions of December"!!:

http://archive.bangordailynews.com/1...inconsistency/

Hang a banner already, ferchrissakes!!
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Only inaccuracy of your '98/'99 timeline was Guite's cheap shot incident occurred in the previous season (Mowers was a senior in '97/'98) in the finals of the late, lamented Governors Cup tourney. I went to look it up to make sure, and fondly remembered how that game turned out. THIS was truly the stuff that used to make UNH perennial "Champions of December"!!:

http://archive.bangordailynews.com/1...inconsistency/

Hang a banner already, ferchrissakes!!
          Of course! Can't believe I mixed that up - if only Mowers was on the 98-99 team (or 97-98 Governors Cup MVP Derek Bekar!!)...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Of course! Can't believe I mixed that up - if only Mowers was on the 98-99 team (or 97-98 Governors Cup MVP Derek Bekar!!)...
            Bekar had the eligibility to stick around, too (like classmate Krog). Another tantalizing "What if ... ?"

Comment

just wanted to interject that while I have nothing of real value to offer in the current discussion would just like to ask...who named your mascot "Bananas"?!?!

Comment

I suppose, though they sure are getting awfully dusty...

The 1998-1999 season sure was a long time ago...
                I'll take an old dusty trophy case with something in it over a non existent trophy case any day of the week and twice on Sunday
                sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  just wanted to interject that while I have nothing of real value to offer in the current discussion would just like to ask...who named your mascot "Bananas"?!?!
                  Blinky the chimp named him
                  I don't know but bananas has morphed into a stupid looking scary bear nowadays...senseless as far as I can tell
                  Last edited by all bear; 12-01-2015, 03:11 PM.
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                    I'll take an old dusty trophy case with something in it over a non existent trophy case any day of the week and twice on Sunday
                    Those nine straight losses must have been painful to suffer through but you guys are on a roll now with four straight wins. Maybe you can add to that dusty old trophy case in April!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      We, being the rugged individualists from the Granite State, do not subscribe to the current "trophies for all" zeitgeist, and therefore do not rely on such artificial stadium adornments to derive our self-esteem.

If you wish to bring pleasure upon yourself by ogling metal figurines atop wooden and marble bases, by all means, do so. We find such behavior a bit juvenile and base, to be honest - maybe borderline creepy.
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Ok, I have decided to see my first Alfond hockey game this weekend. Trust that tickets will be available at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Trumph View Post
                          Those nine straight losses must have been painful to suffer through but you guys are on a roll now with four straight wins. Maybe you can add to that dusty old trophy case in April!
                          You're a chump Trumph but good point/s! BTW, do you really think you're going to win the NH Primary?
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            We, being the rugged individualists from the Granite State, do not subscribe to the current "trophies for all" zeitgeist, and therefore do not rely on such artificial stadium adornments to derive our self-esteem.

If you wish to bring pleasure upon yourself by ogling metal figurines atop wooden and marble bases, by all means, do so. We find such behavior a bit juvenile and base, to be honest - maybe borderline creepy.
                            Trophies? We don't need no stinkin' trophies!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Trophies? We don't need no stinkin' trophies!!
                              You need something there Pom Pom girl
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Ok, I have decided to see my first Alfond hockey game this weekend. Trust that tickets will be available at the door.
                                I'm not sure "door" is technically correct. I'd refer to it more like a "crawl space". Be prepared to get dirty.

Comment

Working...
                                X