No announcement yet.

UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

3-1 UHN in 2nd
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• 4-1, UNH. I believe that's eight-game scoring streaks for Poturalski and kelleher. All multi-point games for Pots...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Hopefully maine remembers that hit in the next game

Comment

• No doubt who has the better team. Maine has zero offense, so frustrating to watch open shots hit the boards,legs, sticks,out of play etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
            Where else you gonna go in Durham? It's not like there are lots of brew pubs yknow
            Haha good thing am not a big beer fan😉
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH vs Maine , 12/4 & 12/5 - "The Wheels On The House Go 'Round And 'Round...."

Donnybrook at end of first raised SMTs pen mins per game to 8.27 and 52nd; UMO continues to dominate with 15.24 pen mins per game for 4th overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Donnybrook at end of first raised SMTs pen mins per game to 8.27 and 52nd; UMO continues to dominate with 15.24 pen mins per game for 4th overall.
                Maine had 18 minutes in penalties last night. When the coaching philosophy is to abuse the body with punishing checks and you have a slow skating team, penalties are the result.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  No doubt who has the better team. Maine has zero offense, so frustrating to watch open shots hit the boards,legs, sticks,out of play etc.
                  That was BC's season last year. This year, not!
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    That was BC's season last year. This year, not!
                    This has been going on for years now at Maine. The talent level just isn't there. This year is a step up from last though as the kids work hard but they can't hit the net to save their souls

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      This has been going on for years now at Maine. The talent level just isn't there. This year is a step up from last though as the kids work hard but they can't hit the net to save their souls
                      Definitely need one or two impact players to actually make things happen out there. Only so much this bunch can do.... Certainly no one that will make you get out of your seat. Got to have a Nyquist on the ice probably 2 to 3 out of every 4 year span. Though both had less than stellar junior years, losing two All Americans Shore and Hutton at once is an impact that is hard to instantly replace.
                      Last edited by all bear; 12-07-2015, 03:14 PM.
                      sure why not

Comment

CHN article: UNH-Maine Rivalry Just Isn’t What it Used To Be

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Josh Seguin: "Maine on the other-hand has made the NCAA tournament once in the past eight seasons, a far cry from their glory years of the 90’s." What about Maine's FFs in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2007, Josh? The NC game at the Gahden in April 2004 was one for the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Josh Seguin: "Maine on the other-hand has made the NCAA tournament once in the past eight seasons, a far cry from their glory years of the 90’s." What about Maine's FFs in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2007, Josh? The NC game at the Gahden in April 2004 was one for the ages.
                            Plus the author mistakenly referenced the 1999 D-1 title game as "double OT". Single OT only.

In fairness to the author, I do think most UMaine-iacs will look to the '90's as their "glory years", if only because they won their two* (one? ) D-1 title(s) during that stretch ... not to mention Walshy was there in the '90's, and the general perception afterwards was their '00's successes (not as frequent or as prominent) were down to Standbrook and Whitehead as the heirs of what Walshy had built.

For what it's worth ... the UMaine run post-Walshy arguably matches up favorably with the run UNH put together in our "glory years" - the latter stages of Walshy's tenure, and the early Whitehead years. Just goes to show how sharply UMaine's fortunes have dropped, and especially once Standbrook stepped away in the late '00's.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Plus the author mistakenly referenced the 1999 D-1 title game as "double OT". Single OT only.

In fairness to the author, I do think most UMaine-iacs will look to the '90's as their "glory years", if only because they won their two* (one? ) D-1 title(s) during that stretch ... not to mention Walshy was there in the '90's, and the general perception afterwards was their '00's successes (not as frequent or as prominent) were down to Standbrook and Whitehead as the heirs of what Walshy had built.

For what it's worth ... the UMaine run post-Walshy arguably matches up favorably with the run UNH put together in our "glory years" - the latter stages of Walshy's tenure, and the early Whitehead years. Just goes to show how sharply UMaine's fortunes have dropped, and especially once Standbrook stepped away in the late '00's.
                              I would say Chuck the 2000's were good if not great years for Maine hockey. We certainly were pounding hard on the door post Walshy for a few years if not nearly knocking it down. We certainly didn't embarrass ourselves in a couple of NC games. . Though I should in all fairness add that even mighty BU also embarrassed the league and themselves in 94. So don't take it too hard
                              Last edited by all bear; 12-08-2015, 01:12 PM.
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                , and especially once Standbrook stepped away in the late '00's.
                                More like kicked to the curb.

Comment

Working...
                                X