Elmira College 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College 15-16

This weekend is huge with Babson and Amherst coming to the Domes. I think most people are counting them out, but I think they have a chance with the freshman Sandro in net.

TenVanholt also needs to show up this weekend as he has zero points in five games played.

I think coach would leave the lineup the same after the Hobart win, but time will tell.
    Last edited by EC_SoaringEagle83; 11-25-2015, 06:55 PM.

Amherst v EC

When arguably the 2nd worst ECAC/W team takes arguably the 2nd best NESCAC team to the woodshed may be a good omen for the league.
    • Maybe 250 fans in the stands. Perhaps the large crowds intimidates the boys at home!?
    • Two of Amherst's goals were really really soft. Sandro's still perfecting his rebound control craft.
    • The Depp / Shinkaruk combo has been the only consistent offensive presence so far.
    • The defense is steadily improving, especially in scrambles in front of the EC tender.
    • If EC can stay out of the box, they'll be okay
    • Whittle is still hobbling around in a brace, and his presence is sorely missed.

Comment

Re: Elmira College 15-16

2nd worst team..you're funny 😃

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
        2nd worst team..you're funny 😃
        Code:
                          Pts  GP  W  L  T Win%  GF- GA   GP  W  L  T Win%  GF- GA
         1 Hobart          10   6  5- 1- 0 .833  28- 13    8  5- 2- 1 .688  31- 18
         2 Manhattanville   6   5  3- 2- 0 .600  15- 19    8  6- 2- 0 .750  30- 26
         3 Nazareth         5   6  2- 3- 1 .417  17- 19    8  2- 3- 3 .438  23- 25
           Utica            5   6  2- 3- 1 .417  17- 20    9  5- 3- 1 .611  27- 24
         5 Neumann          4   5  2- 3- 0 .400  19- 22    9  6- 3- 0 .667  44- 26
           Elmira           4   6  2- 4- 0 .333  22- 25    7  3- 4- 0 .429  28- 28

Comment

EC up 2-1 end of first.
          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Tied at 3 end of two

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
              Tied at 3 end of two
              Nice weekend for the Soaring Eagles!'n
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

5-3 final, EC

Comment

5-3 final, EC
                  Congrats to EC - that is one hell of a weekend!!

Comment

Babson v EC
                    • Maybe 300 in attendance today despite the announced attendance of near 600.
                    • The boys were not near a sharp as yesterday's game, yet managed to gut out a W
                    • The defense struggled stringing passes together
                    • First two Babson goals were soft; an open wrister from above the circles, and a weak backhand that found the five hole
                    • Sandro creates more rebounds than Carmello
                    • Not sure what 18 is doing half of the time
                    • Nice to see 10 get a couple
                    • ECAC/W has a stellar OOC record (12-1-4) to date

My rant for the day: EC, which hasn't gotten a single vote in the polls, knocks off, in consecutive games, numbers #11, #6 and #3, and #11 was by far the best of the three. Why even bother until the end of November?

Comment

Re: Babson v EC

Personally, I thought that was a very sloppy win. Too many rebounds given up, two very soft goals, passing was terrible. If Babson had a decent goalie themselves, they would have won this game. Poor goaltending both ends.
                      A win is a win though. Sure does suck that we have to go almost 2 months without a home game after the Potsdam games.

Comment

Personally, I thought that was a very sloppy win. Too many rebounds given up, two very soft goals, passing was terrible. If Babson had a decent goalie themselves, they would have won this game. Poor goaltending both ends.
                        A win is a win though. Sure does suck that we have to go almost 2 months without a home game after the Potsdam games.
                        With all do respect, Jamie Murray is a 2 time All-American First Team goaltender.....I'd say they found themselves a decent goalie.....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          With all do respect, Jamie Murray is a 2 time All-American First Team goaltender.....I'd say they found themselves a decent goalie.....
                          I guess he had an "Off Night"

Comment

USCHO Article

Nice article by Mr Costello on EC's recent success. Coach is quoted as saying that the team is "finally healthy," but doesn't mention #7 who was still hobbling around the arena last weekend with a brace on his leg. Interesting to see who starts in net on Tuesday.

Here's to eternal optimism and hope.

Comment

EC v Potsdam

EC takes its fourth consecutive win over a ranked or previously ranked (sorry Saints17) opponent. Proof positive that polls in Oct/Nov/Dec are abjectly worthless.

WETM story

Newspaper article

Comment

Working...
                              X