Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    You guys have this one in the bag. I heard Coach Thomas was going to rest his starters.
    I hope Mantha plays both games. And I hope the banged up guys are healed up!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      However, when these two teams meet throw all the stats out the window.
      Amen
      Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

Historically, UAF has not only quantitatively but qualitatively run UAA goalies far beyond any other competition. Actually, it seems like a tradition.
        It's because we do not like you.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

You guys have this one in the bag. I heard Coach Thomas was going to rest his starters.
          Any word if Frye is playing this weekend? That was a whopper of a blindside hit he took Saturday and he took a long time to get up. Bad loss for us if he's out.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

where did you find that bag? ...no don't tell me.

I do have to say and it's hard, but Bruce has stepped up his show. But that Huntsville announcer....... He is the new hands down red lantern winner.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              On PAPER this series surely favors UAA
              Anchorage should win both of these. But I have a hunch they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                where did you find that bag? ...no don't tell me.

I do have to say and it's hard, but Bruce has stepped up his show. But that Huntsville announcer....... He is the new hands down red lantern winner.
                The only way to find a winner in that battle is through head to head competition. I think we play Huntsville in February, if my memory is correct.

Comment

The seems more like a weekend where UAF realizes they can kind of play hockey and eeks out 3 points.

Or UAA throws up a 10 spot on the Nooks.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    ...I do have to say and it's hard, but Bruce has stepped up his show...
                    Bruce has been doing this for a long time and is pretty good. Some are not a fan of his excitable style but he is not a homer and calls a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      The seems more like a weekend where UAF realizes they can kind of play hockey and eeks out 3 points.

Or UAA throws up a 10 spot on the Nooks.
                      Generally we are OK 5x5, even if we don't play with much passion or sense of urgency. But we tend to self-destruct at times and our special teams play is pathetic.
                      Nooks sweep!

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        It's because we do not like you.
                        Well that makes it totally okay then
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

This has the makings of a season-changer. For either team.

The 'Nooks are playing well enough to still think that they have some hope. That's about it. Meanwhile ACC is playing determined hockey. It's like... The roles have switched...

Like JJ's note, the 'Nooks either turn it on this week. Or ACC turns it up. One team will get 3 of 4, or come up with a sweep. Not much in between.
                          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                            This has the makings of a season-changer. For either team.

The 'Nooks are playing well enough to still think that they have some hope. That's about it. Meanwhile ACC is playing determined hockey. It's like... The roles have switched...

Like JJ's note, the 'Nooks either turn it on this week. Or ACC turns it up. One team will get 3 of 4, or come up with a sweep. Not much in between.
                            This whole scenario is eerily similar to when these two teams played in Anchorage approximately two years ago to the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              This whole scenario is eerily similar to when these two teams played in Anchorage approximately two years ago to the day.
                              And then ended up splitting the first two of seven.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                And then ended up splitting the first two of seven.
                                Yup, and it was a come from behind win on Saturday that pulled the Nooks out of the early season toilet. For what it's worth, that year we were swept by a then mediocre Michigan Tech team at home the weekend before playing UAA on the road. Kind of eerily similar to getting swept at home by a mediocre LSSU team prior to playing at Anchorage.

Our guys have to get at least one W this weekend for multiple reasons, and I think they know it. If they don't it's going to be a repeat of the 2011-12 12 win season, which was easily Dallas' worst season as coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X