Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Friendship Four - Brown, Colgate, Mass-Lowell, Northeastern

Originally posted by ColgatePA View Post
    I personally prefer a full Scottish. The black pudding "pucks" are surprising good and you can occasionally get haggis as well.
    YUMMMMMM!!! Haggis with whiskey sauce. You know how to hurt a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by ColgatePA View Post
      Bangers and mash is a pretty English meal. An Ulster Fry for breakfast after you land would be a more fitting choice.

I am flying over tomorrow morning to support Colgate.
      Belfast and the rest of Ulster is a pretty English place. I'm giving fair warning to my arteries about the Ulster Fry. Yummm.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Will be interesting to see what the attendance is like at these games...cool for the kids but it seems forced like the NFL in London. I can't imagine many locals care too much about US college hockey. NU has played Lowell fairly well the last few years...
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Ok, I was wrong. I would've preferred Tom Caron to this.

Comment

The play-by-play guy literally just referred to someone on Brown as Kevin Roy. Is this real life???

Comment

Where is Kevin Roy?
              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                Where is Kevin Roy?
                According to the play-by-play guy in the first game, playing for Brown.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  According to the play-by-play guy in the first game, playing for Brown.
                  As far as I understand, Jim Connolly is broadcasting the game for us on radio w bob... maybe there's work law reasons for why they can't put him on TV, but as far as I know he's there
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The Scoreboard page on USCHO indicates that Friday's game between Brown and Colgate is an ECAC game and the game between UMass-Lowell and Northeastern is a Hockey East game.

Will these games count in the ECAC and HE league standings, or will they be counted as non-league games?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      The Scoreboard page on USCHO indicates that Friday's game between Brown and Colgate is an ECAC game and the game between UMass-Lowell and Northeastern is a Hockey East game.

Will these games count in the ECAC and HE league standings, or will they be counted as non-league games?
                      Both games on Friday were league games that count in league standings.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Both games on Friday were league games that count in league standings.
                        Which I despise. Glad Lowell got the 2 points, but novelty games like this and Frozen Fenway should always be non-conference. There's too much riding on these games. When Lowell/NU played at Frozen Fenway 2 years ago, it was pouring out. I'd be ****ed if I lost a tiebreaker due to something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                          Which I despise. Glad Lowell got the 2 points, but novelty games like this and Frozen Fenway should always be non-conference. There's too much riding on these games. When Lowell/NU played at Frozen Fenway 2 years ago, it was pouring out. I'd be ****ed if I lost a tiebreaker due to something like this.
                          At least it was played on ice and not slush
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Well that was exciting. Fortunately, none of us had to experience cardiac care in the UK.

Wish we could have played more consistently well; seemed like we kept taking the foot off the gas.

Safe travels to all the teams and fans!
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              Well that was exciting. Fortunately, none of us had to experience cardiac care in the UK.

Wish we could have played more consistently well; seemed like we kept taking the foot off the gas.

Safe travels to all the teams and fans!
                              It sounds like the trip and tournament were a great success and that they plan to do it again next season. Any idea which teams will be involved?

Comment

I thought it was a well-run and enjoyable tournament on and off the ice. I don't feel losing home ice for the two league games hurt either "home" team (and mine yakked it up.)

Arena was first class; Strong dollar helped too.

Surprised by the level of hockey interest and knowledge by the locals. Bottom line is that this tournament has potential.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X