PDA

View Full Version : Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11/21

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

sterlippo1
11-22-2015, 05:59 AM
Remove the ENG & the two turnovers and he's a -1 (He also had the primary assist on the PP goal - for which he does not get a +). Not sure if its ever occurred to YOU Chuck, but sometimes statistics can be misleading..

if the dog didn't stop to...........................nice to see a near sellout up there last night. You catch us in between Beanpot Monday's for the rematch, so there's that at least

Felger
11-22-2015, 06:11 AM
There goes the "unbeaten in HE" thing. 3-5-3 isn't quite "Champions of December" quality. Ugh.

But Providence won again and remains unbeaten. So UNH still last team to beat the Friars. We still have that going for us.

FiveHole12
11-22-2015, 06:20 AM
As always... the Whitt P.A. announcer never shuts up. He is constantly telling the folks in attendance where they should eat their food, buy their gas or where to deposit their money. "This UNH POWER PLAY is being brought to you by.....". A lot of this chatter is going on during play.

BUT... the S.O.B. can't tell you who assisted on a goal? That pizzes me off. :mad:

Darius
11-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Darius the kind-hearted Welcome Wagon UNH ambassador :DTurns out they actually do not enforce the meters on weekends. Who knew?

Dan
11-22-2015, 11:09 AM
if the dog didn't stop to...........................nice to see a near sellout up there last night. You catch us in between Beanpot Monday's for the rematch, so there's that at least

So all minuses are the same? When Dawson falls down while under control of the puck, and preparing to make a D to D pass, and instead puts it right on a BC stick for a 3 on 1 break or when he butchers a pass receipt at the point leading to a 2 on none break towards an empty net those are reflections of Poturalskis defensive play last night??

He's not going to win any best defensive forward awards - but -4 is not a reflection of his game last night. It's a large sample size stat that balances out games like last night.

Additionally, the pro can criticize Poturalski all he wants - the kid is growing into an absolute stud. He and Kelleher are keeping UNH competitive on their own. Without those two, we're having a CC type season (the Tigers fell to 0-11 without scoring a goal this weekend, FYI). Period.

Their continued offensive output inspite of the fact they are the only two forwards opponents need to pay any attention to is amazing...

HockeyRef
11-22-2015, 01:31 PM
So all minuses are the same? When Dawson falls down while under control of the puck, and preparing to make a D to D pass, and instead puts it right on a BC stick for a 3 on 1 break or when he butchers a pass receipt at the point leading to a 2 on none break towards an empty net those are reflections of Poturalskis defensive play last night??

He's not going to win any best defensive forward awards - but -4 is not a reflection of his game last night. It's a large sample size stat that balances out games like last night.

Additionally, the pro can criticize Poturalski all he wants - the kid is growing into an absolute stud. He and Kelleher are keeping UNH competitive on their own. Without those two, we're having a CC type season (the Tigers fell to 0-11 without scoring a goal this weekend, FYI). Period.

Their continued offensive output inspite of the fact they are the only two forwards opponents need to pay any attention to is amazing...

Totally agree on the comment above. And heaven help us if he leaves next year! :eek: Can't even let my mind go there...nope. Anyhoo... Here's a quick vid I took of him at the Bruins Dev Camp last summer in a scrimmage. Workhorse, yep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOUj_UkYFE4

Chuck Murray
11-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Poturalski was on the ice for five BC goals - two were horrid defensive turnovers where it wouldn't have mattered which F's were on the ice for UNH (as they were all caught out of the play) and one was an empty netter. A fourth was almost called back for a BC off-sides. I did not see the first-period short handed goal.

Remove the ENG & the two turnovers and he's a -1 (He also had the primary assist on the PP goal - for which he does not get a +). Not sure if its ever occurred to YOU Chuck, but sometimes statistics can be misleading..

Actually I totally agree Dan, and my (immediate) follow-up post kind of went in that direction, didn't it?

UNH has a lot of problems out there, but the first line forwards (y'know, the real ones ;) ) aren't one of them.

Dan
11-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Actually I totally agree Dan, and my (immediate) follow-up post kind of went in that direction, didn't it?

UNH has a lot of problems out there, but the first line forwards (y'know, the real ones ;) ) aren't one of them.

You did, I knew you'd agree and was joking because I know you hate your stats! Haha

Snively65
11-22-2015, 05:05 PM
We did lose the SOG stat, if anyone happened to notice. :-)

HockeyRef
11-22-2015, 06:01 PM
We did lose the SOG stat, if anyone happened to notice. :-)

Haha noticed! And funny we lost the game too...(well not THAT funny)