Ohio State @ St. Cloud State 11/20 - 11/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ St. Cloud State 11/20 - 11/21

The Buckeyes take to the road again this weekend with a trip to St. Cloud to take on the Huskies. Both games start at 4:07 pm EST according to the schedule. Ohio State has had a tough time this season against the top ten teams on its schedule, going 0-6 vs Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Bemidji State. Then, last weekend, the Bucks broke through and got a 3-2 win vs 6th-ranked North Dakota in Grand Forks on Saturday. Ohio State dropped yesterday's contest 4-1, but we'll take a split on the road vs a top ten team. This is an important series for league positioning as Ohio State currently sets in 5th place with 9 points. St. Cloud is just a point back with 8 points, and sitting in 6th place. Husky fans, how has your season been so far and what do you expect to see this weekend? For Ohio State, other than the Wisconsin and Minnesota series, our team has been fairly decent defensively. As has been the case in recent years, it is scoring by committee here as a number of players can put the puck in the net for the Bucks. Freshman forward Maddy Field came up big in Saturday's game with the gwg. We do still have some lingering injuries we are dealing with, mostly on the defensive side of the ice, but that's hockey. You play who can go and make the best of it. This is a work in progress for Coach Jenny Potter and this program. Us fans who are close to the program know there will be ups and downs, but we are trusting the process and trying to enjoy the journey. Good luck to both teams and let's have an injury-free weekend!!

Re: Ohio State @ St. Cloud State 11/20 - 11/21

They have changed the time of the Saturday game to 1:37 CST instead of 3:07 CST. Not sure why . . . Friday's tilt remains at 3:07.

Huskies have been beaten soundly by the Gophs and Badgers, but did get close on the second Sconnie game. They played Bemidji tough but lost two. Against UND the Huskies lost 3-0 but came back with a 4-4 tie on Sat. This past weekend they swept Mankato. Top scorer is Molly Illikainen, #12. She is putting up very nice numbers. Katie Fitzgerald plays most of the games in net and has given up about 3.4 goals a game and save percentage around .89.

Comment

Boomer, thanks for contributing. The Huskies took game one earlier today by a final score of 3-2. I was working earlier so I was not able to watch the game or follow it, but ohiostatebuckeyes.com has a box score up. Ohio State's goals were scored by junior forward Claudia Kepler and senior forward Kendall Curtis. St. Cloud's goals were scored by Molly Illikainen (2) and Alyssa Erickson. The Buckeyes actually outshot the Huskies 26-18, but Katie Fitzgerald stood tall in net, stopping 24 of those shots. Alex LaMere had 15 saves for Ohio State. As Boomer has already mentioned, the two teams are back at it tomorrow at 1:37 pm CST. With the win, St. Cloud moves into 5th place and the Bucks drop to 6th place.

Comment

St. Cloud finished the sweep with a 4-1 win earlier today. Senior defenseman Cara Zubko scored Ohio State's only goal. The Husky goals were scored by Julia Tylke, Brittney Anderson, Alexandra Makaric, and Alyssa Erickson. The Bucks outshot St. Cloud 34-27, but as was the case yesterday, the Huskies made those shots count. Katie Fitzgerald had 33 saves for St. Cloud and Stacy Danczak had 23 saves for Ohio State. Ohio State will head to Burlington, VT next weekend where it will face University of Vermont and Boston University in the Windjammer Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          St. Cloud finished the sweep with a 4-1 win earlier today. Senior defenseman Cara Zubko scored Ohio State's only goal. The Husky goals were scored by Julia Tylke, Brittney Anderson, Alexandra Makaric, and Alyssa Erickson. The Bucks outshot St. Cloud 34-27, but as was the case yesterday, the Huskies made those shots count. Katie Fitzgerald had 33 saves for St. Cloud and Stacy Danczak had 23 saves for Ohio State. Ohio State will head to Burlington, VT next weekend where it will face University of Vermont and Boston University in the Windjammer Classic.
          Tough weekend, osualum86, but good luck on your trip out East next weekend. Do well and it could turn out to be a turning point in your season.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Tough weekend, osualum86, but good luck on your trip out East next weekend. Do well and it could turn out to be a turning point in your season.
            D2D, thanks for the kind words and the positive rep! It is going to be a work in progress here in Columbus. I have said this before, but myself and other fans will need to be patient, trust the process, and just enjoy the journey. The girls are still learning new systems, still getting used to the tough practices, and there will be bumps in the road this season. I agree with you regarding Burlington and wish we were making the trip. Burlington is a neat place. We went up there in 2012 for Women's Worlds. I think the Bucks can play well up there, and as you said, could be a turning point in the season. After that, the team is off the weekend of 12/4 - 12/5, then they host UMD on 12/11 - 12/12. It would be nice to get some points that weekend so the girls could go on break with something to show for all the work they have put in. I love this coaching staff and our kids. It's going to be tough this season, but I think it will pay dividends down the road.

Comment

Working...
            X