UND @ SCSU: The Fighting Hawks Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ SCSU: The Fighting Hawks Era Begins

I am not going to use the new nickname. In response to the war on Native American nicknames in sports I have decided to protest against the removal of the Fighting Sioux nickname by referring to them only as UND from now on.
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      Yeah SCSU players only fell at right moment about eight times... A little suspicious huh
      If you say so.
      Course if you are that drunk...hard to trust your judgement.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        With all this nickname talk people are forgetting the real issue, which is how bad UND is going to be killed by this unstoppable st cloud team. Think of all the National Titles cloud will have soon... everyone else in D1 is playing for second place now.
        Well our lottery numbers came up and the stars aligned... How else could you explain lowly UND to go into the grand concrete center and win a game? I fear we are are in trouble tonight though fellow NoDak fans. There is no way the Hawks can survive Hurricane jan two nights in a row.

Comment

I love it. UND fans whining about SCSU diving in a game where their first goal was scored off of what really looked like a high stick and their second goal on a bad tripping call against those "diving" SCSU players.

It was a good game between two good teams. Wonky calls both ways. Enjoyed the game. Looking forward to round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU2039 View Post
            I love it. UND fans whining about SCSU diving in a game where their first goal was scored off of what really looked like a high stick and their second goal on a bad tripping call against those "diving" SCSU players.

It was a good game between two good teams. Wonky calls both ways. Enjoyed the game. Looking forward to round 2.
            I love it when SCSU players dive all game and still lose! Yes there was wonky calls ( that high stick you are referring to was looked at for five minutes and called a goal so it pretty safe to say it wasn't a high stick) but the bad Call on SCSU was the refs fault cause the Sioux player was already falling when the SCSU player touched him and that was the only call all night for UND. SCSU got six brutally bad calls because they were flopping but if that's what you have to do to win that's fine.... Oh wait you didn't win never mind.

Comment

In my opinion, neither team deserves to whine about the refs, least of all the Hawks. Someone on SS commented that the Huskies were inches from scoring a bunch more, and I think he was right.

Fun game. Neither team is afraid to play racehorse hockey, and both have the horses to play it. Great matchup.

Comment

I love it when SCSU players dive all game and still lose! Yes there was wonky calls ( that high stick you are referring to was looked at for five minutes and called a goal so it pretty safe to say it wasn't a high stick) but the bad Call on SCSU was the refs fault cause the Sioux player was already falling when the SCSU player touched him and that was the only call all night for UND. SCSU got six brutally bad calls because they were flopping but if that's what you have to do to win that's fine.... Oh wait you didn't win never mind.
                Still drinking I see.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Still drinking I see.
                  Wisconsin fans can't believe how much paint thinner that guy drinks on a daily basis.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Wisconsin fans can't believe how much paint thinner that guy drinks on a daily basis.
                    Heck ya!! You know how cold it is in ND and one can only drink so much mouth wash

Comment

I believe the high stick goal wasn't overturned because the zebra's didn't have the clear view we got on replay.

Yeah, UND got one call all night, sure. Lets go with that. That horrible call lead to a PP goal. That clearly makes up for everything because UND didn't have a legit other penalty called against them all night.

You are a troll and I don't know why I'm bothering replying to you. Both teams played a good game. I enjoyed it even with my team losing in the end. I hope for another good game tonight.

Comment

I believe the high stick goal wasn't overturned because the zebra's didn't have the clear view we got on replay.

Yeah, UND got one call all night, sure. Lets go with that. That horrible call lead to a PP goal. That clearly makes up for everything because UND didn't have a legit other penalty called against them all night.

You are a troll and I don't know why I'm bothering replying to you. Both teams played a good game. I enjoyed it even with my team losing in the end. I hope for another good game tonight.
                        I don't quite understand what your saying. So it's ok to flop if you don't score on the power play? Sorry that UND capitalized on that call but you had way more bogus penalties to score but since you didn't it's ok ? Please enlighten me oh hockey master

Comment

I would but you are not worth it. Even if I did you wouldn't understand since you seem to think every penalty called on your team is because the other team flops.

Comment

I would but you are not worth it. Even if I did you wouldn't understand since you seem to think every penalty called on your team is because the other team flops.
                            Yeah because I was the only one to say SCSU was flopping last game

Comment

Never said you were, only that you did. Reading isn't your strong suit is it?

Comment

Well of course this series ended up a split. When isn't it in St. Cloud?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X