Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/14 - 11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/14 - 11/15

Ohio State is back in action next weekend with a road trip to Grand Forks to take on UND. Currently the Buckeyes set at 4-6 overall (2-6 WCHA). After starting the WCHA slate with back-to-back series vs Wisconsin and Minnesota, Ohio State swept Minnesota State, then had a bye week. They returned to action last weekend at home vs Bemidji, but were swept in a couple of hard-fought games by scores of 2-1 and 3-1. Things don't get any easier this weekend as the Bucks travel to Grand Forks to take on North Dakota. UND is currently ranked 6th in the country and has a record of 6-2-2 (4-2-2 WCHA). The Buckeyes have had trouble scoring against UND of late, scoring three goals in the last four games against North Dakota. UND fans, tell us about your season so far and what you expect this weekend. Good luck to both teams and let's come out of it injury free.

Re: Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/14 - 11/15

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    UND fans, tell us about your season so far
    they beat MN because of a bad call ,against Bemidji nobody in Grand Forks paid off the refs, so they didn't win either game

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      they beat MN because of a bad call
      "we can't criticize a bad call? Nobody said it was the difference in the game,"

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        they beat MN because of a bad call ,against Bemidji nobody in Grand Forks paid off the refs, so they didn't win either game
        Maybe you should do some investigating… the fact is that over the past 4 + years in games between ND and UM, ND was penalized nearly 2 to 1. For Minnesota in games against all other teams within the division it was closer to 50/50 (kind of what you would expect). That included Ohio State and UMD (those in the know understand that these teams play as much or more of an aggressive game). So I would suggest you steer away from using "penalties" as a defense for losses.

Also… if true the dollar must not go as far in North Dakota
        Last edited by frozenfeet; 11-10-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I gotta remember to use barbless hooks with you flatlanders, it is just too easy

Comment

Okay Ahab...what ever rows your boat

Comment

Didn't see this posted anywhere else. Really too bad, and it goes without saying that all women's hockey fans wish her a full recovery.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=101360
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Didn't see this posted anywhere else. Really too bad, and it goes without saying that all women's hockey fans wish her a full recovery.

Really too bad if fact. Coach Potter has been hurt by injuries to key players such as the Dunne sisters and goalie Sauve. She has done an admirable job to date. I saw them play last weekend and the team played with passion and structure. The future is bright if those players return along with the introduction of key recruits.

Comment

I had heard things about this but wasn't 100%, so I didn't want to post about it. It's sad. Tough break for Jincy, Coach Potter, and the program. As a fan, I sure hope she can play again, but if the doctors say no, she has to do what is best for her health. She has her whole life in front of her. As for the other players mentioned by Puckdrop14, Kassidy's recovery from offseason surgery is going well and she should be back next season. Jessica Dunne is hoping to be back soon. I agree with Puckdrop, the future is bright here. Coach Potter is doing a tremendous job, and I think she will continue to bring in great recruiting classes.

Comment

I would also echo those thoughts if it is the dreaded concussion syndrome. Teams like Ohio State getting better is good for the WCHA, in particular, and women's college hockey, in general.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      I would also echo those thoughts if it is the dreaded concussion syndrome. Teams like Ohio State getting better is good for the WCHA, in particular, and women's college hockey, in general.
                      This stinks, we need to find a way to prevent this. We need the Dunns and Kessels for the good of the game and they need to not sacrifice their well being for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        This stinks, we need to find a way to prevent this. We need the Dunns and Kessels for the good of the game and they need to not sacrifice their well being for it.
                        And Renee Curtin, and too many others.

On a much a happier note, congratulations to the Buckeyes on today's win in Grand Forks! I've only seen the boxscore, but from that we know that OSU came from behind twice before making a 3-2 lead stand up. We're proud of you guys; best of luck in Sunday's rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          And Renee Curtin, and too many others.

On a much a happier note, congratulations to the Buckeyes on today's win in Grand Forks! I've only seen the boxscore, but from that we know that OSU came from behind twice before making a 3-2 lead stand up. We're proud of you guys; best of luck in Sunday's rematch.
                          I was happy to see that. The girls have been working hard this season but have not tasted victory against a top ten team. It was nice to see them get rewarded for their hard work. Freshman forward Maddy Field scored the game-winner. The other goals were scored by junior forward Claudia Kepler and senior forward Kendall Curtis. Alex LaMere got the win in net for the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes will need to come from behind again today as they are currently down 2-0 at the first intermission.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            The Buckeyes will need to come from behind again today as they are currently down 2-0 at the first intermission.
                            I see they're now down 0-3 at the second intermission. North Dakota must be playing much better today as they've limited the Buckeyes to just 7 shots through two periods.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

only a total of 1300 people showed up for the weekend, that's just sad

Comment

Working...
                              X