Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

Minnesota and Mankato State of Minnesota play Friday night at 7 in kato then Saturday at 7 at Mariucci.

Kato State split with Ferris State and are 5-5. The Gophers split with Notre Dame and are 3-4.

Will corky make an appearance?

What will the over/under be on cfb penalties on mankato?

Will mankato fans post in here?

Re: Minnesota vs Mankato State: Home and Home 11/13 & 11/14

I'll be in Iowa City watching the football team so I won't get to watch these games. Hoping for good outcomes.....I'm thinking another split.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

1. No
      2. 0, because... see 1
      3 No... oops I guess that is a yes.

This has been a very different team since Hastings has taken over. The Jutting days of cheap shots are gone. Do you still keep a Shack like player on the bench in case of emergencies? I haven't seen those types of players lately. Not that I watch gopher games especially since BTN wants another $130 to watch hockey games as they are seldom on BTN other than the PLUS package.

Comment

I'm going to see my first game in the cell phone center Friday, thanks to Mavfan14 for getting me tickets. I've been in there when there was no ice, but never for a game.

No Shack on the bench but #11 Seeler is more than willing to take a dumb penalty or throw some haymakers if a lost cow decides to run our goalie.

Comment

Verizon is a lot different since the last time the Gophers visited. It actually feels like msu's arena. Purple seats, an actual scoreboard with replays and a band that doesn't stink are the most notable changes.

As for the actual games, I have no idea what to expect. The first two msu series of the year were a complete buzzkill. The talent is still there, but losing 6 seniors was a pretty big hole to fill. Goaltending is also up in the air. It's a good team and they have been improving each week, but they've struggled.
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
            As for the actual games, I have no idea what to expect. The first two msu series of the year were a complete buzzkill. The talent is still there, but losing 6 seniors was a pretty big hole to fill. Goaltending is also up in the air. It's a good team and they have been improving each week, but they've struggled.
            Sorry, Bale, but honest assessments are not allowed here. Your team is all but guaranteed to sweep this series, because as you say, "the talent is still there". Gopher fans cannot honestly make this argument. I think it will take a miracle for the Gophers to win one game and get a split .... semi joking ....
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              I'll be in Iowa City watching the football team so I won't get to watch these games. Hoping for good outcomes.....I'm thinking another split.
              I'm leaving for Iowa City after the Friday hockey game! More than welcome to stop by our tailgate in lot 14, there will be a few of your kind with us..
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I'm going to see my first game in the cell phone center Friday, thanks to Mavfan14 for getting me tickets. I've been in there when there was no ice, but never for a game.

No Shack on the bench but #11 Seeler is more than willing to take a dumb penalty or throw some haymakers if a lost cow decides to run our goalie.
                Let me know when you're in town Friday.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Pairwise rankings:
                  Mankato -21st
                  UM 44th
                  Pretty clear what the outcome will be this weekend.

Hope the Gopher team from last Saturday shows up to keep it close.

Comment

Much of it could come down to whether a couple forwards step up and put the puck in the net. We started off with the worst offense in the country and recently we've been at about 4 goals per game. Bristedt/Fasching combo has really stepped up.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      I'm leaving for Iowa City after the Friday hockey game! More than welcome to stop by our tailgate in lot 14, there will be a few of your kind with us..
                      My brother and I tried to talk our friends into doing the hockey game on the way down but they weren't interested.

Thanks for the invite, we got a parking pass for Lot 65 so I'm not sure if we will stumble over that direction lol! This is my first trip to Iowa City, looking forward to tailgating and how electric the atmosphere is going to be with a 7pm kickoff and the undefeated Hawkeyes(Floyd on the line as well)......other than that it could be ugly for the visitors.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Sorry, Bale, but honest assessments are not allowed here. Your team is all but guaranteed to sweep this series, because as you say, "the talent is still there". Gopher fans cannot honestly make this argument. I think it will take a miracle for the Gophers to win one game and get a split .... semi joking ....
                        Dang it. I failed the interwebs. Again.

Give me some time though. Late in the week is when I get in the best pi ssing matches.
                        Last edited by Bale; 11-10-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Will the Friday game be on TV at all?

It looks like it's streamed on wcha tv.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

Channel 999 on Comcast cable, Channel 200-something on Charter.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

Probably not, we're not a bitter rival anymore. At least not as much as those powerhouses at Ohio state and Penn state.

D2D- I know it was a bit weak, but a snark comment about the Big Ten is always a good place to start, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X