Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I thought Crawford and the Canucks took him in?

Whatever - I think he'd be a great fit at SLU, but nobody's called me for my opinion.
    The next year yes, he really tried to stick it to Clarkson after the whole thing, was constantly at SLU practices etc.....talked to MM awhile back in Manchester and he was still more then disappointed at the whole situation and with Clarkson

Edit - Joe you're actually right, it was his time in Northwood he really got back at us, he did go right to the Canucks right away
    Last edited by techtodenver; 04-23-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

WOW, mention Mark Morris and all of a sudden Got6 is back posting. I would be shocked if he was hired at SLU. He had a great run at Clarkson but the last few years there recruiting under his watch went south and he could not keep any qualified assistants for very long for whatever reason.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        WOW, mention Mark Morris and all of a sudden Got6 is back posting. I would be shocked if he was hired at SLU. He had a great run at Clarkson but the last few years there recruiting under his watch went south and he could not keep any qualified assistants for very long for whatever reason.

Best choice of the three mentioned is Anthony Noreen...but that would be the smart choice...so who knows.

Comment

Been following along and feel for you guys concerning the Coaching departure, never easy. This whole situation reminds me of when Randy Edsall left UConn Football for Maryland the same night that he lead UConn to it's first bowl game in the schools history. No team meeting and did not even fly back to UConn with the team after the game. That departure was an event that UConn football has not really recovered from. I hope for the SLU players and fans that the new Coach is an upgrade or even trade off, the passionate fans and student athletes at SLU deserve that much. Good luck.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Been following along and feel for you guys concerning the Coaching departure, never easy. This whole situation reminds me of when Randy Edsall left UConn Football for Maryland the same night that he lead UConn to it's first bowl game in the schools history. No team meeting and did not even fly back to UConn with the team after the game. That departure was an event that UConn football has not really recovered from. I hope for the SLU players and fans that the new Coach is an upgrade or even trade off, the passionate fans and student athletes at SLU deserve that much. Good luck.
            Funny thing is Edsall never recovered from it either. Maybe Greg will suffer the same fate. That UMass program has been a door mat for a very long time. Even under Toots Cahoon it only got to barely respectable.
            SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Funny thing is Edsall never recovered from it either. Maybe Greg will suffer the same fate. That UMass program has been a door mat for a very long time. Even under Toots Cahoon it only got to barely respectable.
              And as long as their FBS football team keeps sucking the athletic $$, all the other programs will poop the bed.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                And as long as their FBS football team keeps sucking the athletic $$, all the other programs will poop the bed.
                Having attended my first game at UMass this year, the only thing they have is a very empty and nice pro capacity rink.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Truth??

@rbcarlisle: @NCAAHOCKEYCOACH @coachmo2424 Is this a leak? an announcement? a mistake? or a fake to the right on a breakaway? #SLUHockey @JoshSeguin24

@NCAAHOCKEYCOACH: Welcome to @Twitter @coachmo2424 ! #SLUHockey

@coachmo2424 is Mark Morris
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Truth??

@rbcarlisle: @NCAAHOCKEYCOACH @coachmo2424 Is this a leak? an announcement? a mistake? or a fake to the right on a breakaway? #SLUHockey @JoshSeguin24

@NCAAHOCKEYCOACH: Welcome to @Twitter @coachmo2424 ! #SLUHockey

@coachmo2424 is Mark Morris
                      Nobody seems to know or be able to confirm or deny anything, best I have been able to tell.

Mark's "following" list includes numerous SLU related accounts, which some of our Facebook people are seeing as a lot of smoke.

That said, at the surface, I don't believe @NCAAHOCKEYCOACH knows anything more than anybody else, if only because I have no idea who is behind the account. Could be Steve the Hockey Savant, for all I know.
                      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 04-28-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Nobody seems to know or be able to confirm or deny anything, best I have been able to tell.

Mark's "following" list includes numerous SLU related accounts, which some of our Facebook people are seeing as a lot of smoke.

That said, at the surface, I don't believe @NCAAHOCKEYCOACH knows anything more than anybody else, if only because I have no idea who is behind the account. Could be Steve the Hockey Savant, for all I know.
                        .... I initially thought the @NCAAHockeyCoach twitter acct was some sort of official acct - but, the bio says "what are the best Coaches saying? ... follows and retweets Hockey coaches, coaching news updates and more"
                        so, yeah .... could be anybody. AD Bob D did tell one of the fb people that a decision has Not been made.
                        obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
                        SLU '79
                        hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

Comment

CHN article: Morris Deserves Fair Look at St. Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                            Best choice of the three mentioned is Anthony Noreen...but that would be the smart choice...so who knows.
                            BUT that would be the smart choice? Am I sensing that you don't think the powers that be at SLU will be smart in making their choice?? Let's hope that they come to their senses (QUICKLY) and choose NOREEN. Word is that he is the most well liked, by fans AND players alike. If you want a great team, you need to pay attention to your players.

Come on SLU, be smart on this one. Ya blew it when you lost your just "contract extended" coach to a better offer. $$$

Comment

Originally posted by blueliner2 View Post
                              BUT that would be the smart choice? Am I sensing that you don't think the powers that be at SLU will be smart in making their choice?? Let's hope that they come to their senses (QUICKLY) and choose NOREEN. Word is that he is the most well liked, by fans AND players alike. If you want a great team, you need to pay attention to your players.

Come on SLU, be smart on this one. Ya blew it when you lost your just "contract extended" coach to a better offer. $$$
                              IMO, he would be the best choice...but I ain't no AD. Young up and coming coach with respect where it counts. Great USHL and Canadian Junior A contacts, and I think he would keep Mike Hurlbut...they would work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by blueliner2 View Post
                                Let's hope that they come to their senses (QUICKLY) and choose NOREEN. Word is that he is the most well liked, by fans AND players alike. If you want a great team, you need to pay attention to your players.
                                Thanks for the feedback. Do you know or have you worked with Noreen? What do you think are his selling points? Is he an upgrade to Carvel?
                                SLU '97

Comment

Working...
                                X