St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Reported by BucciCool. Mark Morris, Chadd Cassidey, both AHL credentials, and Anthony Noreen, currently with Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, previously Youngstown (USHL) and Wisconsin-Steven's Point (DIII) are the final 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by slufan
      Bailey Conger announced on Twitter that he has committed to play hockey at the University of Maine. Another recruit officially announcing he has Dec omitted from SLU.
      No he didn't
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by slufan
        Bailey Conger announced on Twitter that he has committed to play hockey at the University of Maine. Another recruit officially announcing he has Dec omitted from SLU.
        Enough with the unsubstantiated rumors. Almost everything you have posted has been verified as incorrect. Is this Casey Jones?
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

My mistake. Please accept my apologies. It was somebody else. I'm just very concerned about what I've heard. I'm really hoping they change their minds and play at for SLU
          Last edited by slufan; 04-23-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't call information coming from coaches at SLU an unsubstantiated rumor. That being said until it's announced publicly I see no reason they can't change their minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by slufan View Post
              I wouldn't call information coming from coaches at SLU an unsubstantiated rumor. That being said until it's announced publicly I see no reason they can't change their minds.
              Who are these "coaches" you keep referring to? We only have one coach and I'm 100% certain he would not be telling you, me, or anyone else this kind of information for publication here even if it were true.

Comment

We had a coach,an associate coach and an assistant coach. I consider them all coaches. Don't want to say who it was as I don't think that serves any purpose. Let's just say I hope they're wrong and the players decide to come once the new coaches are announced.

I also heard that Coach Carvel has released 4 players from UMass as well including their leading scorer. They will obviously have to be replaced

Comment

• Originally posted by slufan View Post
                  We had a coach,an associate coach and an assistant coach. I consider them all coaches. Don't want to say who it was as I don't think that serves any purpose. Let's just say I hope their wrong and the players decide to come once the new coaches are announced.

I also heard that Coach Carvel has released 4 players from UMass as well including their leading scorer. They will obviously have to be replaced
                  OK so the "coaches" have to be Carvel and DeMichiel. Sorry, but I don't believe they are feeding you this info to spread around here either.

How about we all just wait and see?

Comment

Originally posted by slufan View Post
                    We had a coach,an associate coach and an assistant coach. I consider them all coaches. Don't want to say who it was as I don't think that serves any purpose. Let's just say I hope they're wrong and the players decide to come once the new coaches are announced.
                    Stop trolling your misinformation here. It's clear you are just trying to stir incorrect stuff for your own amusement.

I mean Conger loved his visit and if you even took one second he still lists on his Twitter profile he is committed to SLU.

Please go find something better to do with your time.
                    SLU '97

Comment

There should be an announcement next week regarding who our new head coach is going to be.

Hopefully we will get more clarity after that.

Regardless of whether all the recruits decide to come or not I think next year will still be a good one. Just might effect us the year after that.

That being said I don't think SLU should make it easy for any recruited players that have signed an NLI to go elsewhere. I really don't see why our program should release them. If they want to play elsewhere make them sit out a year...especially if they want to follow Carvel to Umass.

Comment

Feel like I'm getting attacked for sharing information. I was just as surprised as anyone that the coaches would come forward with this information.

Look I'm a fan of SLU like the rest of you. Obviously I've touched a nerve and I don't blame you for doubting me or being upset about it. I'm just as disappointed as you all are! Like I said hopefully some of them change their minds.

All I'm saying is just prepare yourself because I don't believe the coaches would have said anything if it wasn't true

Comment

There should be an announcement next week regarding who our new head coach is going to be.

Hopefully we will get more clarity after that.

Regardless of whether all the recruits decide to come or not I think next year will still be a good one. Just might effect us the year after that.

That being said I don't think SLU should make it easy for any recruited players that have signed an NLI to go elsewhere. I really don't see why our program should release them. If they want to play elsewhere make them sit out a year...especially if they want to follow Carvel to Umass.
                          If it makes you feel better, I'm happy to report to you that we are fine with are recruits that are coming this fall.
                          SLU '97

Comment

I'm just as disappointed as you all are!
                            Don't be disappointed. Things are fine. Your info is incorrect.
                            SLU '97

Comment

Feel like I'm getting attacked for sharing information. I was just as surprised as anyone that the coaches would come forward with this information.

Look I'm a fan of SLU like the rest of you. Obviously I've touched a nerve and I don't blame you for doubting me or being upset about it. I'm just as disappointed as you all are! Like I said hopefully some of them change their minds.

All I'm saying is just prepare yourself because I don't believe the coaches would have said anything if it wasn't true
                              Okay, so let's play devils advocate for a second and say that what you are saying is in fact true (which it is not). Then, maybe you consider that when someone tells you something that would be considered inside information, as this would appear to be (fake/truthful or not), that you shouldn't immediately run to a public forum and spout it out for all of the world to see. Who would that benefit for you to post that here in a public forum? Certainly not St. Lawrence and certainly not the other fans here who have been able to gather inside information from those in the know but actually manage to keep it a secret. Perhaps the next time this supposed source you have (HA!) decides to give you more inside information, he might think twice about doing it and decide not to.
                              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

It will be interesting if you go Morris to see how he changes his recruiting landscape compared to when at Clarkson, Carvel had a nice Prep connection that I was not looking forward to down the road for Clarkson and I had the opinion SLU was going to top 4 year in year out. In his ladder years at Tech we definitely saw the recruiting struggles come about and he couldn't just get whoever he wanted in Canada and it reflected on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X