St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Congrats to the Saints. As Tim said, Hayden saved your bacon both knights. Good luck in Placid.

And as far as the off sides I posted, Tim you know me better than that. Just pulling your guys chains. Should have added a instead of the at the end of the post.
    You know we love you Vic. 😘

Comment

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Congratulations, guys. ****!

Wally - you went out in style! Good luck in Lake Placid!
      Thanks Joe...........and thanks to Wally for a wonderful 40 years!!! Like Tim expressed so well, what a way for Wally to celebrate his last game. I'm sure that scotch at the Best Western will taste all that much sweeter tonight.

What a well played series. Two tough games that could have gone either way. Last night I thought Clarkson carried the play for the majority of the game and we came on strong in the third. Both nights Hayton saved the day for us numerous times.
      Tonight was a bit the opposite. We dominated the first two periods and then the Knights took over the third. Luckily we regrouped in the OT. Frankly I didn't think we were going to make it out of regulation and that break is just what we needed. The first OT we did everything right except score. Thankfully we had number 7 take things into his own hands. If not this year.....All American is definitely in the cards for him. Leading the team in scoring and the biggest of big goals tonight. Wow!!!!
      Who we play is still unsettled but it won't be Quinnipiac. If they advance they'll get Dartmouth and we'll get Harvard. If Cornell upsets them then we'd get Dartmouth (I think.) Tomorrow night we'll know. A great win for the Saints!!!!!
      SLU

Comment

You're correct with your potential match ups, Mike. Both of those teams will be tough. Not sure I want to see Harvard on the big sheet though, but Dartmouth is hot as sweeping Yale is no small feat.

I'm sure the Saints will be well represented in LP. Safe travels to all of you going up. Also, the Stanley Cup will be on display this weekend. Details should be on the ECAC page.

Comment

What happened to Got6?

Comment

Congrats SLU !!!
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              What happened to Got6?
              Dropped off due to some disagreements with other SLU posters.........rest assured, he is still involved, LOVES SLU Hockey and participates now on our Facebook page which has taken on a much more constructive tone that USCHO has in the past.
              SLU

Comment

Congrats to coach Carvel and Saints on getting past a tough Clarkson team that had a strong second half. Those games were fun to watch, it would not have surprised me if went to a third game with OT. Look forward to getting to Placid Friday for semifinals and meeting up with some other SLU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  You're correct with your potential match ups, Mike. Both of those teams will be tough. Not sure I want to see Harvard on the big sheet though, but Dartmouth is hot as sweeping Yale is no small feat.

I'm sure the Saints will be well represented in LP. Safe travels to all of you going up. Also, the Stanley Cup will be on display this weekend. Details should be on the ECAC page.
                  I think we feel the same about the Saints. Very good skating team that puts a lot of pressure on a team's D. And very good goaltending. Should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                    Dropped off due to some disagreements with other SLU posters.........rest assured, he is still involved, LOVES SLU Hockey and participates now on our Facebook page which has taken on a much more constructive tone that USCHO has in the past.
                    That is too bad. We've lost some great posters over the years.

Should be a great game on the big ice.

Comment

Congratulations to the Saints on a well-played series. I mentioned on our boards that I've been to Rangers/Islanders, Yankees/Boston in the playoffs, and several other "rivalry" games but the only thing that compares to a Clarkson/SLU playoff series is Army/Navy.

I've got to give credit to every player on the ice, the coaches, and the fans. I had a great time at Appleton and witnessed a bunch of players and coaches putting their hearts on the line every shift. There was hard hitting, tight battles, and to everyone's credit, very little in the way of shenanigans. It looked to me like a series of determined teams with respect for each other.

Despite our status as rivals, I think when we aren't playing each other, most Clarkson fans are North Country hockey fans. So, let me say this for this weekend only ... Go Saints!
                      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        Congratulations to the Saints on a well-played series. I mentioned on our boards that I've been to Rangers/Islanders, Yankees/Boston in the playoffs, and several other "rivalry" games but the only thing that compares to a Clarkson/SLU playoff series is Army/Navy.

I've got to give credit to every player on the ice, the coaches, and the fans. I had a great time at Appleton and witnessed a bunch of players and coaches putting their hearts on the line every shift. There was hard hitting, tight battles, and to everyone's credit, very little in the way of shenanigans. It looked to me like a series of determined teams with respect for each other.

Despite our status as rivals, I think when we aren't playing each other, most Clarkson fans are North Country hockey fans. So, let me say this for this weekend only ... Go Saints!
                        Agreed, and thank you. Both teams carried play for significant stretches. Good hockey and great goaltending on both sides, and the best players delivered in big moments.

While we're still basking in the glow of our temporary lovefest . . .

I meant to mention this on Saturday: I read the WDT stories on the games, and the Clarkson story included video of Geiger and Megannety. They are both good interviews - I was impressed with the way the represented themselves and with their perspectives on the game and the series.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                          Well - the FB page banned me. I've never been banned in Canton before! Now I can add that to my long list of accomplishments. If you're curious, it starts with the post about Kyle doing a golf swing to the pep band after the game. It takes off from there.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don't have a Facebook account. But if anyone from the FB page happens to read this:

Joe is a good guy and in addition to being a knuckle-dragging Clarkson grad he's a big fan of NC hockey in general, and a hockey dad. SLU players are not immune from doing things that others take offense at. There have been a few things this year that have frankly made me cringe a little. If I were a member of your group I'd want to be able to say so. People who attend Clarkson are just people, and kids who play there are just like the kids who play at other schools. Not that Clarkson doesn't suck, because clearly Clarkson sucks. SLU is obviously superior, especially on the ice. And Clarkson sucks. 😁 But still . . .

It's not my page, and you guys can handle it however you think best. I just wouldn't be too quick to exclude someone who has a lot to add to your discussions.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimU View Post
                              I don't have a Facebook account. But if anyone from the FB page happens to read this:

Joe is a good guy and in addition to being a knuckle-dragging Clarkson grad he's a big fan of NC hockey in general, and a hockey dad. SLU players are not immune from doing things that others take offense at. There have been a few things this year that have frankly made me cringe a little. If I were a member of your group I'd want to be able to say so. People who attend Clarkson are just people, and kids who play there are just like the kids who play at other schools. Not that Clarkson doesn't suck, because clearly Clarkson sucks. SLU is obviously superior, especially on the ice. And Clarkson sucks. 😁 But still . . .

It's not my page, and you guys can handle it however you think best. I just wouldn't be too quick to exclude someone who has a lot to add to your discussions.
                              PFFFT!

The hamburgers were exquisite tonight.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                PFFFT!

The hamburgers were exquisite tonight.
                                It must be difficult to afford cheese on a Clarkson graduates salary!
                                St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                                4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                                2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                                16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                                9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                                2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Working...
                                X