This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    GREAT weekend for the almighty greatest conference ever in the history of college hockey, the NCHC!!!!

#1 SCSU at least didn't lose to #42 Princeton, lol. Two ties. Wow!! Impressive.

#2 Denver, not to be outdone by SCSU's incredible weekend, LOSES to #38 Merrimack, lol. At least they beat #41 Air Force.

#16 UMD ties #47 Dartmouth. I guess that's better than losing, lol.

#20 CC loses to #41 Air Force!! But at least did what Denver couldn't, and beat #38 Merrimack.

So far that's 2-2-3 vs #38, #41, #42 & #47.

Only NCHC team with an impressive weekend was the one coached by a former B1G player!!!
    I bet you didn’t get a minute of sleep after posting this eh. LMAO.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      I bet you didn’t get a minute of sleep after posting this eh. LMAO.
      Actually I had one of my best nights of sleep all winter,

My Gophers swept Army easily without our young star Casey who was in on all 3 goals to beat the hated Canucks, which makes me feel good about my Gophers getting into the NCAAs along with 3 other B1G teams, B1G football teams won all 7 of their bowl games, my Gopher bb team won and without their starting PG, and Jordan Murphy got his 15th double double to start the season and is just 2 away from tying the NCAA record, the Lady Gopher BBers are 12-2, former Gopher Letteri scored his first NHL goal in his first game and there are 5 former Gophers in the Top 100 of scoring in the NHL this year. Minnesota alum, all by themselves, are outscoring SCSU, Miami, UNO, UMD, CC & WMU alums combined!!! The only negative is the NHL not taking an Olympic break, because I could see 5-6 former Gophers all having a shot including Kessel, Wheeler, Leddy & Haula for the US and Vanek for Austria. Oh, and both the former Gophers coaching college hockey got big wins this weekend, sweeping #19 Union and getting a split with #7 Mankato and a former Gopher is coaching an Olympic Hockey team that is thought by many to be favored to win the Gold.

Life in the B1G is good.

Comment

Do you still think Blais is coaching UNO?
        He's not...so no gopher there moron.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Actually I had one of my best nights of sleep all winter,

My Gophers swept Army easily without our young star Casey who was in on all 3 goals to beat the hated Canucks, which makes me feel good about my Gophers getting into the NCAAs along with 3 other B1G teams, B1G football teams won all 7 of their bowl games, my Gopher bb team won and without their starting PG, and Jordan Murphy got his 15th double double to start the season and is just 2 away from tying the NCAA record, the Lady Gopher BBers are 12-2, former Gopher Letteri scored his first NHL goal in his first game and there are 5 former Gophers in the Top 100 of scoring in the NHL this year. Minnesota alum, all by themselves, are outscoring SCSU, Miami, UNO, UMD, CC & WMU alums combined!!! The only negative is the NHL not taking an Olympic break, because I could see 5-6 former Gophers all having a shot including Kessel, Wheeler, Leddy & Haula for the US and Vanek for Austria. Oh, and both the former Gophers coaching college hockey got big wins this weekend, sweeping #19 Union and getting a split with #7 Mankato and a former Gopher is coaching an Olympic Hockey team that is thought by many to be favored to win the Gold.

Life in the B1G is good.
          Maybe get a life
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I wish I lived in a world where everything seemed great with the Gopher hockey program and athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Do you still think Blais is coaching UNO?
              He's not...so no gopher there moron.
              That makes me a moron??? lol Are you qualified to make such an assessment?

So the old guy retired? I'm fine with that, now I have no reason whatsoever to give a sh1t about the last place team in the NCHC. And some jerk SCSU fan who is butthurt about not being able to get a win vs a lowly #42 ranked Princeton squad in two tries, and my drawing attention to it calls me a moron? lol That makes me laugh.

What? I'm supposed to feel bad for not following UNO in the offseason?? The majority of my hours at my job come in the spring and the fall, so I have a hard enough time following what goes on with my Gophers much less having one second of my life to waste being concerned about some lowly NCHC teams off season doings. By the time I get some free time again in the fall, the season is already well under the way.

And unlike SCSU fans, my school has more than one team worth following.

Hey, I know it's frustrating having been no better than 3rd or 4th string in your own state for all of these decades, and being SO far behind the #1 and #2 that you may NEVER catch either of them, but that is no reason to call someone a moron.

Several of my friends went to SCSU, as did my brother in law, but they are all Gopher fans. There is no law that says you must be an SCSU fan and that you must hate the Gophers, that's a choice you have made and some, not me, but some may say that is the kind of choice only a moron would make seeing how little SCSU has done in it's history. But I see it as heroic, good for you, sticking with your hometown team. I'll forgive you for calling me a moron, I know you couldn't help it, us Gopher fans are just such arrogant ashholes sometimes, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                I wish I lived in a world where everything seemed great with the Gopher hockey program and athletic department.
                It seems to be this Fred dudes life. Guy writes a novel every time he posts.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  Well, it was one good night of sleep, after one good weekend. It wasn't long ago, the weekend the Vikes lost their 3rd game, it seemed like every Gopher team in action lost.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    It seems to be this Fred dudes life. Guy writes a novel every time he posts.
                    I get laid off for the winter, so lots of time. And having a lot to say and talk about has to be better than the opposite.

I follow the Vikes, the Wild, Gopher alums in the NHL, Gopher Men's & Women's Hockey, Football, Men's & Women's BB, Wrestling, and even the Gymnastics and Swim and Diving teams, etc.. If I get bored I might check on the Timberwolves.

It's not "my life", but it's an enjoyable pastime when it feels like -22 degrees outside and I'm not working.

Comment

I get laid off for the winter, so lots of time. And having a lot to say and talk about has to be better than the opposite.

I follow the Vikes, the Wild, Gopher alums in the NHL, Gopher Men's & Women's Hockey, Football, Men's & Women's BB, Wrestling, and even the Gymnastics and Swim and Diving teams, etc.. If I get bored I might check on the Timberwolves.

It's not "my life", but it's an enjoyable pastime when it feels like -22 degrees outside and I'm not working.
                      Dude, no one cares about you or what is going on in your life.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

That makes me a moron??? lol Are you qualified to make such an assessment?

So the old guy retired? I'm fine with that, now I have no reason whatsoever to give a sh1t about the last place team in the NCHC. And some jerk SCSU fan who is butthurt about not being able to get a win vs a lowly #42 ranked Princeton squad in two tries, and my drawing attention to it calls me a moron? lol That makes me laugh.

What? I'm supposed to feel bad for not following UNO in the offseason?? The majority of my hours at my job come in the spring and the fall, so I have a hard enough time following what goes on with my Gophers much less having one second of my life to waste being concerned about some lowly NCHC teams off season doings. By the time I get some free time again in the fall, the season is already well under the way.

And unlike SCSU fans, my school has more than one team worth following.

Hey, I know it's frustrating having been no better than 3rd or 4th string in your own state for all of these decades, and being SO far behind the #1 and #2 that you may NEVER catch either of them, but that is no reason to call someone a moron.

Several of my friends went to SCSU, as did my brother in law, but they are all Gopher fans. There is no law that says you must be an SCSU fan and that you must hate the Gophers, that's a choice you have made and some, not me, but some may say that is the kind of choice only a moron would make seeing how little SCSU has done in it's history. But I see it as heroic, good for you, sticking with your hometown team. I'll forgive you for calling me a moron, I know you couldn't help it, us Gopher fans are just such arrogant ashholes sometimes, lol.
                        Nice word vomit...moron.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Ignore the actual a holes when the talk goes beyond hockey.

Comment

Real rough weekend for the NCHC, yet they still have 4 of the top 10 teams in the nation, including #1.

I am really looking forward to next weekend, we will get to see how all those highly touted recruits on the Gophers stack up against the Gopher rejects. JDUBBS can then go back to extolling the virtues of the little six's research bona fides and making up more BS about how their conference isn't a joke.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Nice word vomit...moron.
                              SCSU = 1 and only 1 trip to the Frozen Four in all of history. And a .278 winning percentage in the NCAA tourney.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!

Must be fun being 3rd string? I wouldn't know. LOL

Comment

SCSU = 1 and only 1 trip to the Frozen Four in all of history. And a .278 winning percentage in the NCAA tourney.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!

Must be fun being 3rd string? I wouldn't know. LOL
                                Can’t figute out why gopher fans are known to be arrogant. Good gawd
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X