PDA

View Full Version : Rpi@slu 11/7/15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

RPI fan 4 life
11-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Three point weekend
Hackett looked much more comfortable tonight. He just needs to work on his rebound control.

Absolutely. And congrats to Cam on picking up the win in his first RPI start.

DrDemento
Three point weekend
Hackett looked much more comfortable tonight. He just needs to work on his rebound control.

Right on the button as usual. If he learns to hold onto more pucks and direct rebounds off to the corners, we have a dynamic duo.

DeepRed72
Final shots were 40-21 in favor of SLU. We have to improve as we will not be fortunate to win very often with that ratio. Any word on Kasdorf?

jericho
11-07-2015, 08:28 PM
This team has a different feel than past years. Previous editions going through these circumstances would have led to a lost weekend.

One of the biggest things I'm noticing is that this team doesn't panic in stressful situations. They don't try to "create" offense, rather, they play their game and let the offense come to them. They also are able to finish those chances more, which is something that RPI has lacked in recent years. I think the freshman don't have as big a learning curve as in past years, and they don't have to rely on those freshman.

Ralph Baer
11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Final shots were 40-21 in favor of SLU. We have to improve as we will not be fortunate to win very often with that ratio. Any word on Kasdorf?

The women were out shot 46-18 and also won. :eek:

Ralph Baer
11-07-2015, 08:48 PM
final

RPI 4
SLU 3

fr. joe
11-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Absolutely. And congrats to Cam on picking up the win in his first RPI start.

Definitely! Nice win on the road against a quality opponent. And with Kazzie on the bench, there's more than a little pressure on him to produce. Now.

FlagDUDE08
11-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Finally got back...

First SLU goal was a missed D assignment. Sure, Buddy might like to have it back, but more could have been done to prevent it.

Appert was on Steinel's case from before the first whistle, as he was part of Friday night's débâcle. FlagDUDETTE was worried he'd hop the dasher a couple times.

As for "the BS penalty on SLU" in the third, it was contact to the head, and according to the rulebook, should be five and game. To be fair Öhrwall's hit earlier was similar (although not called as to the head) so I can understand why they called two, but it was certainly targeted.

As RPI was stick-saluting the crowd, Hayton was doing his best Tuukka Rask impersonation in the dressing room; I thought he was going to throw something onto the ice next.