No announcement yet.

Nov 6/7th -- home&home terriers vs huskies. our place first, then into the hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 6/7th -- home&home terriers vs huskies. our place first, then into the hood

well, here mookie was.... about to replay a week of nu-bu games in the nu thread until someone cried and the admin deleted it ( ).

scarlet has already predicted a sweep by nu, so y'all go that going for you.

mookie is just glad that friday's game isn't a 4p start. we can't have fun things anymore
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: Nov 6/7th -- home&home terriers vs huskies. our place first, then into the hood

and not for nothing, but mookie misses these. weekly game threads where we could learn about each other's team. ah.... back in the old days

Comment

Re: Nov 6/7th -- home&home terriers vs huskies. our place first, then into the hood

we can't win on the road, we can't win at home.. can't figure out where else to play..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

your boys have a shot this weekend. you will see a number of pp chances. guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          we can't win on the road, we can't win at home.. can't figure out where else to play..
          Don't get any ideas about winning in Ireland!!!
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

What is the hot dog situation over at Matthews Arena?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              well, here mookie was.... about to replay a week of nu-bu games in the nu thread until someone cried and the admin deleted it ( ).
              no way. i loved that and came on here hoping to see today's "This day in NUhockey history" . You really have to be kidding me

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                no way. i loved that and came on here hoping to see today's "This day in NUhockey history" . You really have to be kidding me
                Today was going to relive a 4-3 Bu win on a 3rd period shg

Comment

History sucks. Especially when it involves facts.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    History sucks. Especially when it involves facts.
                    Like you'd remember last week even

Comment

boo to nu fans for whining

and boo to hockey east for having this series so early in the year

Comment

Lots and lots of goals this weekend. Neither team can keep the puck out of the net at the moment. Fun Northeastern fact for this season, over the 7 games they have played this season they have held a lead just twice for roughly 20 minutes. (for the bu kids who have trouble with math - that would be 1 period). NU actually looks good on offense, the forecheck and cycling games have done really well, they can hold the puck for ages, they just cannot turn any of it into goals. The Stevens brothers have gotten off to really nice starts. Dylan Sikura who normally plays with them may not have points but has played really well too. Roy has been coasting a bit to so far, nothing new with him to start the season. Old friend Kurker seems to have adjusted well back to Hockey East play, Collier has been in and out of the lineup.

The defense has been shaky. Does not take much pressure for them to turnover the puck. They have been dealing with some injuries though to start the year. Goaltending as many NU fans knew going into the season, but not the coaches it seems, is a major issue. If either of the two goalies can keep their save % over .900 this year it will be a surprise.

The one thing NU has done well this season is stay out of the box. Which is good because even in good years, the bu powerplay treats our PK like orange cones.

My memory is not as good as it used to be, but I remember two high scoring games at the end of last season between these two teams. Based on how these two teams have played to start the season, I would except lots of goals again this weekend. I see the entire weekend to be sorta of like the Giants-Saints game from this past weekend. (I had the Giants and covered with 3.5) Where bu plays the part of the Saints, and Northeastern the Giants. I expect bu to get out to a big lead, NU will come back and tie, bu lead, NU tie, back and forth, with NU doing something dumb at the end to lose it. This will probably happen in both games. You can even expand on this even more with Madigan playing the part of Coughlin - old, tired, and always looking to yell while his team falls to pieces around him. Madigan is just missing the two extremely lucky championships.

From a NU perspective, glad these games are earlier this year then they have been in the past. Feels like the past few seasons, whenever NU needed points at the end of the year or was building towards something, bu was waiting for them and basically stopped any positive momentum our team was having.
                        Last edited by Huskies01; 11-03-2015, 08:30 AM.
                        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Not sure if it was any NU fan whining as I was very amused by Mookie's fixation in his attempt.

Well.. since we don't have a team.. maybe a fake fight will break out among bu players as to who is best dressed & they make a contest of it.. something like that. Cause we don't have any hockey.. don't take my word for it.. mookie said so.
                          :-)
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Y'all DO have hockey.

Mookie asked "why"

And Mookie has to admit, it is so cute seeing all y'all play the bc safety skool card

And Mookie also deserves copyright protection for the use of "bu" in y'all's posts. Warms his heart it does seeing that

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Mookie asked "why"
                              Simple.. cause it makes your day..
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X