Geneseo Sophomore Hospitalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geneseo Sophomore Hospitalized

I didn't see this on any of the threads, I apologize if this has been brought up elsewhere.

I just saw that SUNY Geneseo Ice Knights Sophomore F Jason Stephanik has been hospitalized with a skull fracture at the back of his skull and frontal lobe bleeding. According to the GoFundMe set up by his teammates to help cover medical expenses, he's suffered seizures and impairment to his speech, but was able to start walking yesterday.

This link is to the GoFundMe if anyone would like to contribute if they are able.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-02-2015, 08:50 AM.

Re: Geneseo Sophomore Hospitalized

Prayers and thoughts go out to this young man.
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

I hope for a full recovery for this kid. Never like to see things like this happen especially to a member of the hockey family.

Comment

Extremely sad situation. Prayers to Jay and his family and Geneseo hockey family.

Wonder if the Sunyac might jump on board as a conference wide initiative?

I saw Matt Dumba of the Minnesota Wild gave $300. Pretty cool of him.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Did he get hurt during the game? How'd that happen? So sorry to hear about this regardless. Prayers and blessings to him and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Wrister View Post
            Did he get hurt during the game? How'd that happen? So sorry to hear about this regardless. Prayers and blessings to him and his family.
            The whole situation seems very strange.

By all accounts I've read, he did not get hurt in a hockey game. But, by all accounts I've read, nobody knows how he got hurt.

But that's not the strangest part. There isn't even any account over how he was found, how did someone know he was hurt, how did he get to the hospital. This is an extremely serious injury for no one to know anything about what happened anywhere along the chain of events. Like I said, very strange.

However, that doesn't change the fact that he is hurt and let's all hope he gets better to at least be able to live a healthy life.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              The whole situation seems very strange.

By all accounts I've read, he did not get hurt in a hockey game. But, by all accounts I've read, nobody knows how he got hurt.

But that's not the strangest part. There isn't even any account over how he was found, how did someone know he was hurt, how did he get to the hospital. This is an extremely serious injury for no one to know anything about what happened anywhere along the chain of events. Like I said, very strange.

However, that doesn't change the fact that he is hurt and let's all hope he gets better to at least be able to live a healthy life.
              The Genesee Sun is reporting he fell off a skateboard on October 28

Comment

The Genesee Sun was the first place I saw it, but the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle has more details.

Police sifted through reports as well as ambulance calls from the weekend of Oct. 24-25 and found Stephanik's name on an incident report at Court Street in Geneseo. An ambulance had responded at 2:54 a.m. to a 911 call for the report of a man tumbling from a skateboard. Police also responded to assist, a customary practice, Osganian said.

Stephanik was named in the report but, Osganian said, "he refused transport to the hospital." Stephanik also signed the report to confirm he declined to be transported, Osganian said.

"Court Street is completely a hill and he admitted he fell of his skateboard," Osganian said. "We're assuming that it's possibly related to (his injuries).
                I cringe seeing that time of night. I had a friend also have a bad accident going on a 2am bike ride in Plattsburgh. Being on a bike or board after having a few is no different than driving, in some ways it is even more dangerous for you as the operator.

It's a shame. I'm hoping he can make a complete recovery and soon.
                Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-03-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  The Genesee Sun was the first place I saw it, but the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle has more details.

I cringe seeing that time of night. I had a friend also have a bad accident going on a 2am bike ride in Plattsburgh. Being on a bike or board after having a few is no different than driving, in some ways it is even more dangerous for you as the operator.

It's a shame. I'm hoping he can make a complete recovery and soon.
                  Thanks. This is more recent reporting than when I read the stories. Does clear things up.

A delayed treatment on head injuries can sadly be catastrophic. You hit your head, don't refuse treatment.

A terrible accident that quite frankly could have happened to any of us during our college days of tomfoolery.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Any updates?
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Extremely sad situation. Prayers to Jay and his family and Geneseo hockey family.

Wonder if the Sunyac might jump on board as a conference wide initiative?

I saw Matt Dumba of the Minnesota Wild gave $300. Pretty cool of him.
                      Bruins F Brett Connolly shows support for injured college hockey player.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                      X