Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on a fine performance by the Yale team tonight. It's been a long time since RPI has been dominated that way. I hope it was more that Yale was really good then we were really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Just wanted to offer my congratulations on a fine performance by the Yale team tonight. It's been a long time since RPI has been dominated that way. I hope it was more that Yale was really good then we were really bad.
      Thanks, and good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Nice bounce back win with 5 players out injured. Never really looked closely at O'Keefe, but his size is impressive, he was a plus 0ne last night, so that is a step in the right direction for him. Huge weekend at Ingalls coming up, Dartmouth has been playing well and has the size to physically take over behind and opponents net. Harvard seems to have righted the ship and will also be a tough game. Stinks to have a nice win and drop in the pairwise, it seems like I have been saying this every year, just win baby!
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• How were the wings at Archie Moore's? I will be in new haven for alumni weekend for the Dartmouth and Harvard game. If anyone wants to hang at Archie's or another new haven watering hole pre game, let me know!

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
          Wings at Archie Moore's, LTsatch's seats (thanks again!) and a dominating performance tonight in my first trip to the Whale this season. Hayden looks like a different player, Snively is all over the ice, Walsh's goal was the equal of Foo's last night, and Obuchowski's pass to Learned for the third goal was quite pretty. For the first ten minutes of both the first and second periods RPI could barely get the puck into the zone.... the rest of the game was much more even.

Comment

Originally posted by NinoBrown View Post
            How were the wings at Archie Moore's? I will be in new haven for alumni weekend for the Dartmouth and Harvard game. If anyone wants to hang at Archie's or another new haven watering hole pre game, let me know!
            Archies wings are the best in the area, not cheap, but really good, the other food there is good standard pub fare. Advice to you is to arrive before 4pm, not a ton of tables and they fill up quick during happy hour. Anna Liffeys on Whitney is a good Irish Pub which is a 1/2 mile 11 minute walk to the rink. Archies is a little over a mile away.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

• Lyon Named ECAC Goalie of Month

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20160201sqaa99

ALBANY, N.Y. – Junior Alex Lyon set the school record for career goalie victories last weekend with his 43rd, and he did it in grand style. He stopped all 29 shots in a 3-0 win over RPI, adding to another school record with a 13th career shutout. That was the finishing touches on a January that earned him ECAC Hockey Goalie of the Month honors.

Comment

• Snively Named ECAC Rookie of Month

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20160204cvac1n

ALBANY, N.Y. – Joe Snively, Yale's standout rookie forward from Herndon, Va., is tied for the team lead with 16 points thanks to a productive month of January. His play was rewarded with ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Month honors.

Snively, second on the squad with seven goals this season, hit the net three times and had three assists while helping No. 11 ranked Yale go 6-1-2 last month.

Comment

Game tonight is on ESPN 3

Hopefully they will have a better performance then last weeks game on ESPN 3

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...tmouth-vs-yale

Comment

Looks like all of Yale's previously injured players are out again this weekend. Gonna take a little duct tape, but hopefully the team can continue to play like they did last Saturday. It should be two very close games again. I believe Yale actually matches up better against Harvard rather than Dartmouth. Good article about the perseverance of Dan O'Keefe who is getting his chance to play. I like his size, but have not seen enough of him to give an opinion on his play. http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...-still-rolling
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Looks like all of Yale's previously injured players are out again this weekend. Gonna take a little duct tape, but hopefully the team can continue to play like they did last Saturday. It should be two very close games again. I believe Yale actually matches up better against Harvard rather than Dartmouth. Good article about the perseverance of Dan O'Keefe who is getting his chance to play. I like his size, but have not seen enough of him to give an opinion on his play. http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...-still-rolling
                      Here's hoping that going to back to The Whale on Saturday will conjure up some very positive memories from last year's playoffs that Harvard can rely on

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        Here's hoping that going to back to The Whale on Saturday will conjure up some very positive memories from last year's playoffs that Harvard can rely on
                        I would rather Harvard conjures up negative memories of that tying goal Yale got with 30+ seconds left in November.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                          I would rather Harvard conjures up negative memories of that tying goal Yale got with 30+ seconds left in November.
                          Touche!

Comment

Been waiting for a game like tonights for a while. Nice not to have to sweat out the last 10 minutes. 3 goals in one period. An offensive onslaught.
                            Last edited by bulldog10jw; 02-05-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

It seems to me that the short shifts the team has had to take due to injury may actually be a blessing in disguise. For some reason it has reinvigorated the forecheck. Maybe fewer things to think about, just get out there and roll. Some shifts tonight were ten seconds long (I am sure for match up purposes) but Yale is not being caught flat footed anymore. They are also clearing from behind Lyon exceptionally well. I feared a Dartmouth non stop cycle tonight, it never really happened. The entire team was on a mission tonight and even took it to a bigger team with the body. Seven players for Yale missing due to injury tonight. Great game!
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                                Been waiting for a game like tonights for a while. Nice not to have to sweat out the last 10 minutes. 3 goals in one period. An offensive onslaught.
                                Great game tonight. Date night with the wife tomorrow night vs. Harvard. Hope the momentum carries forward. Should be great. And the bball team looks like it might be on its way to the NCAA's. Promised wife she could sit in the front row with me, my father, daughter and we'd all wear blue body paint with a letter Y-A-L-E - her choice. I told her she can sit in the front row, foam finger, ESPN. She's threatened divorce proceedings. I guess true love only goes so far. Despite her Syracuse degree, she has grown to dislike Harvard. Guess that will have to suffice. Go Blue! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X