• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/30/15 & 10/31/15

Discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/30/15 & 10/31/15

Congratulations to Union on going 2-0 to start the league.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Congratulations to Union on going 2-0 to start the league.
      So I don't have to watch next week!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, nothing that just happened actually matters. Win the games that matter. It's not like Union is doing so hot so far.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Well, nothing that just happened actually matters. Win the games that matter. It's not like Union is doing so hot so far.
          They lost 5-2 with an ENG. That sounds familiar.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            They lost 5-2 with an ENG. That sounds familiar.
            But they didn't lose to a team that Arizona State beat.

Comment

Cut the crap FlagDude, I really mean it. Your an embarrassment to the fans of RPI hockey. If you don't like the way things are going find a new hobby or team to watch. This woe is me act got real old real fast. I get your frustrated with the performance behind the bench but unless your planning on cutting a large check to fix that issue, just stop. Ok with that off my chest, I think this upcoming weekend is going to be the usual RPI/Union series with lots of energy and hopefully a good crowd in Troy on Saturday night. Best of luck to those heading to Schenectady on Friday night to watch the game.
              Last edited by fishcore12; 10-25-2015, 06:57 AM.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Hi RPI fans I see things don't change much between you folks ! Always a fun read, you are a funny crowd.

On the hockey side of things, at least one team will break it's loosing streak next week end May the best team on the ice win !

Go Union !
                Let's go Union !
                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Cut the crap FlagDude, I really mean it. Your an embarrassment to the fans of RPI hockey. If you don't like the way things are going find a new hobby or team to watch. This woe is me act got real old real fast. I get your frustrated with the performance behind the bench but unless your planning on cutting a large check to fix that issue, just stop. Ok with that off my chest, I think this upcoming weekend is going to be the usual RPI/Union series with lots of energy and hopefully a good crowd in Troy on Saturday night. Best of luck to those heading to Schenectady on Friday night to watch the game.
                  No, the performance on the ice is what's embarrassing. Funny thing is, we've seen this year in and year out. Nothing has changed. If you're satisfied with mediocrity, not being able to come out at the start of period with good energy, throwing the puck around the perimeter because you aren't allowed to shoot, that's your prerogative. It's time to adopt a winning culture at RPI.

Comment

No, the performance on the ice is what's embarrassing. Funny thing is, we've seen this year in and year out. Nothing has changed. If you're satisfied with mediocrity, not being able to come out at the start of period with good energy, throwing the puck around the perimeter because you aren't allowed to shoot, that's your prerogative. It's time to adopt a winning culture at RPI.
                    Somewhat true. The sample size is getting a bit larger - but its the same old, same old. Tied for 46th in scoring out of 54 teams since the Ivies have yet to play or else we would be in the 50's. However we are in the 'NCAA field' when it comes to penalty minutes as we are 12th worse, well within the bubble. Dude, where I would differ is your assessment of the team's performance thus far, we would need to improve to attain mediocrity. Also throwing the puck around the perimeter is one thing but how many times have we 'cleared' the puck out of the offensive zone? If they kept a statistic for 'reverse icing' we would be on top of that list. We repeat the same mistakes and they are not being corrected. Hey Shirley you were there, but were you watching?
                    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

You coming on here and saying congrats to whatever opposing team on the easy wins is embarrassing. I will never talk down about the players because a. they are student-athletes and b. I've never played hockey in my life and I admire what they do to get themselves into the best shape possible. I've followed this team since I was a kid, spent countless winter nights in the field house and all over the northeast with this program, and it just makes me sick that you come on here and try to pull some I'm gonna be the agitator routine and in turn give the good fans of RPI hockey a bad name and following. I get it, your never wrong and even if you are you won't admit it.

Do me a favor and I'm being serious, give Coach Appert a call or e-mail and explain to him how to run his program, because clearly you can do it much better than he can. Better yet, give the new AD a call and ask him for a volunteer assistant coaching job with the team. Then you can really get down to business in building a winning culture by giving them your countless years of hockey knowledge. Can't wait to see you behind the bench on game night. Good luck coach.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

If I recall correctly, prior to the two-game weekend set between RPI and Union last season, FlagDUDE congratulated Union on their impending 2-0 start in ECAC play.

Hope his congratulatory message has a similar impact this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          If I recall correctly, prior to the two-game weekend set between RPI and Union last season, FlagDUDE congratulated Union on their impending 2-0 start in ECAC play.

Hope his congratulatory message has a similar impact this coming weekend.

See, now he'll quote this post and say "see, I told you my reverse psychology is working" and then if Union does in fact win both games, he'll say "I told you so," so either way he'll spin it so that he can't be wrong. It's so much better when certaian posters are on my ignore list so I don't have to read his crap.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            See, now he'll quote this post and say "see, I told you my reverse psychology is working" and then if Union does in fact win both games, he'll say "I told you so," so either way he'll spin it so that he can't be wrong. It's so much better when certaian posters are on my ignore list so I don't have to read his crap.
                            OK Nostradamus, what would I say if we end up with two ties?

Comment

OK Nostradamus, what would I say if we end up with two ties?
                              You'll beotch and moan. Because that's all you're useful for.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                              X