1985: 6-5 L, 5-4 L (OT) @ NU
    1986: 5-4 W (OT) @ MN
    1987: 3-1 L @ NU
    1988: 3-2 W @ MN
    1997: 4-2 L @ MN
    2008: 3-2 W (OT) @ NU
    2011: 3-2 L @ MN
    2014: 3-2 L @ NU

All time series is 6-6-0. Gophers are 4-2 against the Huskies all time on home ice. One correction on my post: "8" of the last 12 were decided by one goal.
    The 2008 game was in MN, not in Boston (and was played in Jan 2009 ).

Comment

Re: Minnesota hosts Northeastern: 10/23 & 10/24

That's correct Jan. 3, 2009, all seasons are listed by the year the season began. The historical record at NU hockey archives designated it with a "dh" (whatever that means) but it is not listed as having been played in MN.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        That's correct Jan. 3, 2009, all seasons are listed by the year the season began. The historical record at NU hockey archives designated it with a "dh" (whatever that means) but it is not listed as having been played in MN.

That was the Dodge Hockey Classic, a holiday tournament at Minnesota. The game was played a Mariucci and NU lost on a power play after goaltender Brad Thiessen was assessed a delay of game penalty for firing the puck into the stands

Comment

Probably the most famous goal scored by the overly underwhelming Patrick White.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
            That was the Dodge Hockey Classic, a holiday tournament at Minnesota. The game was played a Mariucci and NU lost on a power play after goaltender Brad Thiessen was assessed a delay of game penalty for firing the puck into the stands
            Upon further review you are correct! The funny thing is the USCHO schedule lists Mariucci Classic, but it was the Dodge on Jan 3, 2009, a 3-2 L to the Gophers. Also funny is the NU archives lists the "dh" but no designation for it later, but does not indicate an away game.
            Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-23-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              If you get the B1G network you have the stream for free. BTN2Go

Maybe you don't have the B1G...
              Nope! Northeastern doesn't offer anything besides basic cable and HBO unfortunately. I had assumed just buying BTN plus would work but now I'm unsure.

And if you look at the 08-09 NU schedule the game is listed correctly. Not sure why the archive isn't the same. http://www.gonu.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=68&path=mhockey
              Last edited by TheRevengeance; 10-23-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                Nope! Northeastern doesn't offer anything besides basic cable and HBO unfortunately. I had assumed just buying BTN plus would work but now I'm unsure.

And if you look at the 08-09 NU schedule the game is listed correctly. Not sure why the archive isn't the same. http://www.gonu.com/schedule.aspx?sc...8&path=mhockey
                BTN+ only shows games that are not televised, so it will not get you these games.

It was devastating news to me, as I am moving out of state in November and had planned to purchase the BTN+ subscription...until I learned it would only get me 1 Gopher hockey game rather than access to all the BTN2Go games.

Comment

Boo. Guess it's a radio kind of weekend then. Thanks for your help and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                    Boo. Guess it's a radio kind of weekend then. Thanks for your help and good luck.
                    The game is listed for Fox College Sports (FCS) Atlantic. Channel 300 on Verizon FiOS. Don't know about DTV, Comcast, or others. 8 p.m. start
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

4-0 Gopher win!

We'll take it. Sheer-horn looked awesome, could have used him last year.

Comment

Nice W guys. Hope we can give you a better effort tomorrow.
                        (especially in goal).
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Congrats gophers on breaking the 1 goal milestone.

Meanwhile in Ann Arbor........

CHAOSTEAM on Ice™ is going strong. Almost at 4 goals allowed per game.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Once NU replaced their hologram with an actually goalie, that game was pretty even.
                            Ruck looked really good. It's hard to believe he has been riding the pine. If anyone can post video of that save he made on Fasching about 9min into the 2nd period they should do it. Was hard to see on the scoreboard replay, but from what I could tell it was one of the best saves I've ever seen in all my years of watching hockey.
                            EDIT: It was Kloos, and I see someone already did in the Northeastern thread.......ridiculous

And if NU had anything that resembled a PP the score would have been a lot closer. That 5:57 of straight man-advantage was painful to watch, even as a Gopher fan.

As for the Gophers - Schierhorn looked really good, great to see some guys get their first college goals, and great to see MN jump all over a team right at the first puck drop. Still a lot to improve on, but tonight was another step in the right direction as well as a notch in the win column.
                            Last edited by Stauber1; 10-23-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Saw some better things although the PP wasn't one of them despite potting one. There is potential. Unfortunately, they are stuck with Cammy and I don't think tDon will be giving him an earned rotation to wearing a suit rather than hockey gear once per weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                Once NU replaced their hologram with an actually goalie, that game was pretty even.
                                Ruck looked really good. It's hard to believe he has been riding the pine. If anyone can post video of that save he made on Fasching about 9min into the 2nd period they should do it. Was hard to see on the scoreboard replay, but from what I could tell it was one of the best saves I've ever seen in all my years of watching hockey.
                                EDIT: It was Kloos, and I see someone already did in the Northeastern thread.......ridiculous
                                Did they change the overhead camera angle? My first thought was that the puck may have crossed the line while he was catching it, but when they showed the overhead view, the camera was more behind the net instead of looking straight down over the crossbar and goal line, so the cross bar appeared to be several inches behind the goal line. Don't know how they are supposed to accurately tell if pucks in the air are over the line with that angle.

Comment

Working...
                                X