Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    I agree with Speedy, though I'd swap MI for UND.

I think you guys send just 1 team to the F4.
    Well finally, another un-biased opinion.

Comment

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

I wouldn't doubt only one nchc team makes the frozen four but c'mon, you actually think Michigan is better than North Dakota this year?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        Well finally, another un-biased opinion.
        A BU guy no less!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          A BU guy no less!
          Boston types hate NoDak... don't know why, they win every time we play them. Should be loving us...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            Boston types hate NoDak... don't know why, they win every time we play them. Should be loving us...
            Originally posted by MFhockey View Post
            I wouldn't doubt only one nchc team makes the frozen four but c'mon, you actually think Michigan is better than North Dakota this year?
            No. You both misunderstood what I meant. Sorry about that.
            Speedy said MI would be in the F4. I meant that NoDak would make it to the F4 OVER MI.

I don't hate NoDak. I fear them.

But hey, I could be wrong. I haven't gotten around to watching too much western hockey this year. Just going based on numbers and what I've seen

Comment

Does anybody know if these games will be on NCHC.tv? I would think so, but with the neutral site rink it's given me pause.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Does anybody know if these games will be on NCHC.tv? I would think so, but with the neutral site rink it's given me pause.
                No, only the third-place game will be on NCHC.tv. The other three games are on CBSSports, which isn't streamable unless your cable provider is Optimum.

r

Comment

How vigilant were the ushers on checking tickets last year? Deciding whether to buy the cheapie upper levels and just wander down to the open areas of the lower bowl or drop the cash on the actual lower level seats.

If I can save a few bucks of the tickets to fund additional $10 beers, I'd prefer that.

Comment

Very vigilant
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I would love to see the Denver SCSU game. Great matchup

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                        Most likely two teams in the Frozen Four. Most realistic scenarios have Denver going into one of the western regionals with either UND or SCSU. I think whichever one that is very likely gets a team to the Frozen Four. The other team would be a #1 in the other western regional and all the matchups I've looked at are relatively favorable for UND or SCSU.

I think UMD makes the tourney but they'll be going out east and that is going to be tough to win two games out there.

As fare as winning in the Frozen Four goes, hard to say at that point. I would say I like how UND matches up against more physical teams than SCSU. And that's what you'll be seeing once you get there.
                        Most likely two teams in the Frozen Four? OMG, can you say presumptuous? Not to say it isn't possible, but it is arrogant beyond belief to call it most likely. Most likely is one, two is possible. Zero is also very possible, just saying.
                        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Congrats to the Bulldogs. Better team won. That should get a 4th NCHC team in the tourney.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Congrats to the Bulldogs. Better team won. That should get a 4th NCHC team in the tourney.
                            Yep, congrats to the Dogs. Could definitely tell they wanted it a bit more than UND. The Frozen Faceoff tournament has not been kind to North Dakota. I hope the team can make a rebound tomorrow. Playing either St. Cloud or Denver will be another tough matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                              Yep, congrats to the Dogs. Could definitely tell they wanted it a bit more than UND. The Frozen Faceoff tournament has not been kind to North Dakota. I hope the team can make a rebound tomorrow. Playing either St. Cloud or Denver will be another tough matchup.
                              If they want to stay at the X they better win tomorrow or I can see them getting shipped out east.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Probably, but not quite a done deal just yet. If Northeastern and Minnesota both win their conference tournaments Duluth will be out with a loss tomorrow. Having said that, I will be very surprised if Northeastern wins the Hockey East tournament. But as Duluth just showed us this afternoon, anything is possible.
                                National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                                National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Working...
                                X