• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Good question although not something i can recall york doing

Comment

Kid would be burning a year, no?

This is really a ****ty *** thing to do leaving in the middle (start!!) of a year taking up 1 of 18 scholarships
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        And no, i don't want the next bracco or milano. Combined they played 5 games at BC. I'd gladly take a one year player here and there but not guys like bracco and milano when there were serious doubts about them from day 1. I want no part of that anymore.
        Nobody does.

But when you recruit a kid, you don't know that he'll bail. So every time, you will make the same decision to accept a great talent who says he wants to play for you as Bracco did...even if he may turn out to bail on your program.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Kid would be burning a year, no?

This is really a ****ty *** thing to do leaving in the middle (start!!) of a year taking up 1 of 18 scholarships
          I'm not sure. Maybe he'd still have 8 semesters, so he'd have to sit out half a season somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by popester View Post
            I'm not sure. Maybe he'd still have 8 semesters, so he'd have to sit out half a season somewhere along the way.
            Would be eligible after classes start in January, would have 3 seasons of eligibility after this season ends in March or April. I believe Freddy Hack Meyer did exactly that at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Nobody does.

But when you recruit a kid, you don't know that he'll bail. So every time, you will make the same decision to accept a great talent who says he wants to play for you as Bracco did...even if he may turn out to bail on your program.
              I'd say the difference with these 2 kids is that everyone thought there was a great chance they would go major junior before even committing to BC

Comment

jd, y'all thought clendenning wouldn't show up at bu, right? we got what, 2 yrs out of him before left....

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Would be eligible after classes start in January, would have 3 seasons of eligibility after this season ends in March or April. I believe Freddy Hack Meyer did exactly that at BU.
                that's it. so he would forfeit a 1/2 a year.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I got the impression BC cooled on clendening because they weren't sure about his level of commitment. That philosophy sure has changed since then. And it didn't exactly hurt BC to not have adam clendening.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    Trevor Mingola came into Providence midseason after transferring out of Union and PC's number 3 goalie came in December one year when Gillies was with the WJC.

Tirrone at UNH was the most recent example
                    Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-28-2015, 10:38 PM.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      There's an argument to be made that the USTNDP has been good for hockey in general and the players on the team in particular, but its impact on college hockey has been almost wholly negative.
                      The entire philosophy of the NTDP is to develop American players not for the NCAA but for the NHL. Many of these players see college as a very short way station to that ultimate goal and to be fair most high end players always have but the NTDP has to a large extent demystified the whole college "mystique" and many of its players no longer have it as their personal goal to play D-1 hockey unless it can directly help in their contract negotiations with the NHL team that drafted them

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                        The entire philosophy of the NTDP is to develop American players not for the NCAA but for the NHL. Many of these players see college as a very short way station to that ultimate goal and to be fair most high end players always have but the NTDP has to a large extent demystified the whole college "mystique" and many of its players no longer have it as their personal goal to play D-1 hockey unless it can directly help in their contract negotiations with the NHL team that drafted them
                        Seeing that the vast, vast majority from there go D 1 and the vast, vast majority never go to the NHL hard to agree

Maybe it "demystified" D 2 but virtually every single kid on current two teams is committed

Comment

He's gone. Forget about him and let's move on with the season which looks bright. This should be a great opportunity for Dudeck and Silk. Assume JD Dudeck will move into his spot and Brendan Silk to the 4th line RW. Silk deserves it as he has stuck through a lot of adversity in his years here. Don’t think this opens it up for McMullen, and not sure about Shero either but with any injury they too could see considerable playing time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                            If USA Hockey/NTDP wanted their players to go to college, they'd relocate the NTDP base away from the OHL's back yard. I believe they moved it 20 miles closer when they bought the rink in Plymouth.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If silk is out friday i would actually expect jeke to dress, whether as a forward or extra dman whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                                The sustained excellence of BC under York has been through recruiting the right high-end talents who *want* to be there for 3-4 years. Build the program around those players and if the *right* high-end player whom you know will only be around for 1-2 years but really WANTS to be part of the program is there, go for it. I don't think either Milano nor Bracco ever really wanted to be part of the BC program the way others did, and used BC until they got what they wanted in advancing their hockey careers.
                                I think if you target the high-end talents, assuming they are 3-4 year kids, you're going to eventually get burned. BC has had a lot of success with those type of players, so hard to fault them. I'm sure York met with both Milano and Bracco and believed they were sincere in wanting to attend BC. Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens a lot in NCAA athletics these days, from both players AND coaches...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X