X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    he didnt have the potential of Eichel coming in. No way was he going to have the impact JE had last year at BU
    Nor did he have the character of Eichel.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Honestly my early impressions of him were that he doesn't like to stick his nose in the dirty areas. But that is only through 2 games at Conte that I've been able to see.

This ****es me off in the sense that there are kids that work their *** off to try to get a D1 scholarship and this kid steals it for one year from someone more deserving.
      Well said. Jumped cause he wasn't having the success he was anointed. Probably should have stuck to school. Not going to be a pro.

Comment

Nor did he have the character of Eichel.
        Eichel said all the right things, and honored his commitment to BU, even if he was a very high-end talent who only played college for one year. Seems his parents raised him well. Wish BC had gotten him, but you can't get everybody.

To Bracco, hope the door didn't hit you on the way out of Chestnut Hill. I'll take the Giontas, Gaudreaus and Gerbes over players like him any day.
        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

Given Milano, Noah, Bracco, something is clearly broken. You look at those 3 and there's a connection: the USTNDP.
          There's an argument to be made that the USTNDP has been good for hockey in general and the players on the team in particular, but its impact on college hockey has been almost wholly negative.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            he didnt have the potential of Eichel coming in. No way was he going to have the impact JE had last year at BU
            Probably not (but who knows after three years). Problem remains...when you sign up a kid with talent, you don't know just how much talent he will have and just how much of a ****** he will be.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Wait a minute....

This ******* is leaving school? After 2 months and 5 games?

JFC
              He lasted longer than Jeremy Roenick.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Probably not (but who knows after three years). Problem remains...when you sign up a kid with talent, you don't know just how much talent he will have and just how much of a ****** he will be.
                and apparently he is a big a****** . Imagine (if it's true) that he was at practice yesterday? Like Mookie said, JFC................ Eichel goes to BC and BC is in the Garden last April. He was that good and as Nick alluded to, had class and said all the right stuff. Can't help but hope he has a fantastic NHL career

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  He lasted longer than Jeremy Roenick.
                  But 7 days less than mike millbury
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    But 7 days less than mike millbury
                    Touche! May you hit an ace on your next par 3.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                      Well said. Jumped cause he wasn't having the success he was anointed.
                      Highly doubt that was the reason. We're talking 5 games here. And he had a 3 assist game over the weekend.

Comment

And no, i don't want the next bracco or milano. Combined they played 5 games at BC. I'd gladly take a one year player here and there but not guys like bracco and milano when there were serious doubts about them from day 1. I want no part of that anymore.

Comment

...This ****es me off in the sense that there are kids that work their *** off to try to get a D1 scholarship and this kid steals it for one year from someone more deserving.
                          It's not often that I find common cause with the Chestnut Hill glitterati but I place high value on honesty, character, and integrity, none of which apparently apply to this kid and his handlers. Since his scholarship apparently can't be used on anyone else this year, then Nick's observation is spot-on. What a scumbag move.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

So far if we're keeping track, two Harvard decommits:

Linell: 138 GP, 7G, 25A, 32 pts
                            Bracco: 5 GP, 0G, 3A, 3 pts
                            TOTAL: 143-7-28-35

One left too early and the other... not so much.

Doesn't really feel like this is working out for us. Bothman must be getting a kick out of it.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Knowing what we do about bracco, how in the hell did he ever commit to play at harvard in the first place???

Comment

Are there any recruits out there who can come in next semester? BC's really thin at forward now

Comment

Working...
                                X