This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Bracco is signing with Kitchener per @MikeMcMahonCHN on Twitter.

I will withhold comment.
    Sad but true this has been known for couple weeks
    Only reason he didn't leave earlier is that Toronto would not sign him
    Talk about the me me generation

Comment

Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Bracco is signing with Kitchener per @MikeMcMahonCHN on Twitter.

I will withhold comment.
      Milano, Bracco, let's stop recruiting Italians! ;-)
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

It goes back to recruiting character. There are kids that have talent and character and BC has been wildly successful with them. Milano and Bracco were dirtbags from Day 1. Why York even went near these kids is a mystery to me.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          It goes back to recruiting character. There are kids that have talent and character and BC has been wildly successful with them. Milano and Bracco were dirtbags from Day 1. Why York even went near these kids is a mystery to me.
          Also fair to ask how aggressively was BC recruiting Milano & Bracco prior to their initial commitments to ND & Harvard, respectively...Or if this was a case of "they're now available and we have to swoop in before someone else does", knowing the potential for flight risk.

The sustained excellence of BC under York has been through recruiting the right high-end talents who *want* to be there for 3-4 years. Build the program around those players and if the *right* high-end player whom you know will only be around for 1-2 years but really WANTS to be part of the program is there, go for it. I don't think either Milano nor Bracco ever really wanted to be part of the BC program the way others did, and used BC until they got what they wanted in advancing their hockey careers.

Comment

Wait a minute....

This ******* is leaving school? After 2 months and 5 games?

JFC
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

it is all about the Twitter announcement. "I am proud to announce my commitment to Harvard"!!
              Bracco is though not a dirt bag, very nice kid but doesn't look at D 1 as the mother of all accomplishments like most in the Northeast do.
              I get the do what is best for yourself concept, D 1 coaches will do the same but not in late October. A mans word has to mean something and 18 is a man.
              Staying thru season would not have stunted development 1%. BC doesn't need the disruption and he was always a one and done.
              Where is Cavanaugh when you need him? Oh I forgot, he is pounding BU

Comment

Agreed. As FOBU said, York built this program around talented kids who wanted to be here 3-4 years.

Given Milano, Noah, Bracco, something is clearly broken. You look at those 3 and there's a connection: the USTNDP.

Sure in the past there were some defections (:looks: at the db page of Kenny ryan : http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=120950 & Brandon shea http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=143703) but these are the marquee building block players that are bolting.
                Last edited by claver2010; 10-28-2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Not gonna pretend to know why he left. If school wasn't for him, wasn't happy etc so be it.

The overall point here is i hope york and company has learned a lesson. No more milanos and braccos. Leave those types to other schools.

Without knowing why he left i will say that leaving midseason is kinda lame on the surface. Abandoning your teammates. Oh well, life goes on. Bring in kids that want to be at BC.

Comment

As I said before the season during the whole is he coming or not? phase, let's in the future leave these one and done guys alone, particularly those who have already broken commitments to other schools. They've already shown that their word may may not mean what it says.

As others have said below, save the efforts for guys that want to be here, and there should be no shortage of those.

That said, this certainly chews the root, and the prospects for this season are downgraded significantly. Ugh.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Honestly my early impressions of him were that he doesn't like to stick his nose in the dirty areas. But that is only through 2 games at Conte that I've been able to see.

This ****es me off in the sense that there are kids that work their *** off to try to get a D1 scholarship and this kid steals it for one year from someone more deserving.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This ****es me off in the sense that there are kids that work their *** off to try to get a D1 scholarship and this kid steals it for one year from someone more deserving.
                        Absolutely. It reminds me of a guy I knew in law school who accepted on campus interviews with a couple of prestigious Wall Street law firms that he had no interest in, just to say that he got an interview with them, taking the spot away from other students who may have been legitimately interested. Selfish.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          phase, let's in the future leave these one and done guys alone, particularly those who have already broken commitments to other schools. They've already shown that their word may may not mean what it says.
                          Logan Hutsko?

Comment

You'll take the next Milano or Bracco that comes along. And so will we.

Those who decommit don't say 'oh yeah, I'm a dirtbag'. They say that they're making the change because they really love the school. Regardless you'll still feel nervous...and you'll take them because unfortunately they're worth the risk giving you the potential of Eichel like performance and a chance at the big prize.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              giving you the potential of Eichel like performance and a chance at the big prize.
                              he didnt have the potential of Eichel coming in. No way was he going to have the impact JE had last year at BU

Comment

What a selfish act. It hurts the team in two ways. His absence hurts, and his scholarship $ cannot be used to replace him this season. According to a good source, he actually practiced with he team yesterday. Not a "character" guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X