X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    That and making things tougher on teams when you have a lead. Whether that's demko, a team mindset etc. Learn how to play from ahead.
    And Demko is out injured now according to the Globe https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...0hK/story.html
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      And Demko is out injured now according to the Globe https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...0hK/story.html
      Oy.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Oh boy. Birdsall also injured. New guy thrown into the fire. Could get ugly if demko is out for a while.

Comment

Here's another article regarding the goalies.
          Jr. Bruins join BC

“With an extended injury to Brendan Silk and the departure of Jeremy Bracco, we needed more depth on our roster,” York said in a news release. “Michael has already proven he can be a valuable asset and we welcome his presence to our lineup. Ian will be a valuable asset to our club. Due to an injury to goaltender Chris (Birdsall), Ian’s presence was needed for practice and we look for him to play an important role for our team here in the second half.”
          We'll know more about the accuracy of the Globe vs USCHO reports on Friday night.
          BTW... Kim has game.
          Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-06-2016, 09:51 PM.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Here's another article regarding the goalies.
            Jr. Bruins join BC

We'll know more about the accuracy of the Globe vs USCHO reports on Friday night.
            BTW... Kim has game.
            Why don't you think the reports are accurate?

Comment

I think one is probably accurate. The reports contradict each other. One says Milosz was brought in to fill in for the injured Demko. The other quotes York as saying Milosz was brought in for the injured backup goaltender, Chris Birdsall.

Both reports are dated Jan. 6th. One must be inaccurate. That's all I'm saying.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I thought milosz was already on board when demko was healthy. Birdsall has been injured so they brought this kid in. They didn't "bring in" milosz because demko got hurt. He was already on his way.

Comment

Looks like the USCHO report is just a press release from BC

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    I thought milosz was already on board when demko was healthy. Birdsall has been injured so they brought this kid in. They didn't "bring in" milosz because demko got hurt. He was already on his way.
                    I don't know when Milosz was added to the roster. He wasn't dressed in Florida IIRC (I recall only seeing Demko and Joyce in warmups both nights). Kim played against PC in FL, I'm guessing because of the Wood DQ in game one. Teddy was moved up to forward Tuesday to fill in for Wood, and Kim filled in at D.
                    FWIW... I have no idea what may be wrong with Demko. Never saw him get hurt against OSU and he looked fine the next night against PC.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      I don't know when Milosz was added to the roster. He wasn't dressed in Florida IIRC (I recall only seeing Demko and Joyce in warmups both nights). Kim played against PC in FL, I'm guessing because of the Wood DQ in game one. Teddy was moved up to forward Tuesday to fill in for Wood, and Kim filled in at D.
                      FWIW... I have no idea what may be wrong with Demko. Never saw him get hurt against OSU and he looked fine the next night against PC.
                      Birdsall & Demko with concussions and Joyce with with a pulled hamstring.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        According to Dupont, Demko was injured in the Ohio State game so if it is a concussion, why was he allowed to play against PC and risk further injury?

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          According to Dupont, Demko was injured in the Ohio State game so if it is a concussion, why was he allowed to play against PC and risk further injury?
                          concussion issues don't always instantly appear dr. xlax

edit: anyway back to the team, obviously a concussion especially whenever your job involves people firing 100 mph rubber at you is a pretty scary idea. didn't barone or billet have a concussion a couple of years ago? 3 goalies having a concussion in a couple of years, bad luck or are we just more aware of it now?
                          Last edited by claver2010; 01-07-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            That's not good. Wish them all well.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              concussion issues don't always instantly appear dr. xlax

edit: anyway back to the team, obviously a concussion especially whenever your job involves people firing 100 mph rubber at you is a pretty scary idea. didn't barone or billet have a concussion a couple of years ago? 3 goalies having a concussion in a couple of years, bad luck or are we just more aware of it now?
                              And Sean Maguire at BU missed an entire season due to a concussion. I have the same questions as you. Are concussions happening more often or are we just more knowledgeable and sensitive to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                And Sean Maguire at BU missed an entire season due to a concussion. I have the same questions as you. Are concussions happening more often or are we just more knowledgeable and sensitive to them?
                                I'd wager to say the latter.
                                Not just in college hockey either. Seems like lately (last few years or so) concussions have gotten more attention across all contact sports and science has done its thing and warned people of the lingering effects and whatnot.

Comment

Working...
                                X