X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I would feel good with Lamoriello there, but with him gone who knows what happens. The Wood family is very much an education-first family, and while he is an older freshman I would be shocked to see him move on after a year.

Early in the year I felt like he was our best player. He seems to have tailed off. White has taken off. I still think they are our top 2 guys.

Really need Tuch to step up and be the next go-to guy.
    I have been very impressed with White at the WJC. On the other hand, I am not surprised that Tuch isn't lighting it up.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Tuch scored 14 goals as a freshman on an unspectacular team. Had a pretty good year. He will start scoring more at some point, maybe with different line combos as a possibility.

Biggest thing right now is this team is allergic to playing with a lead. Blew two goal leads against ND and OSU. had a 3rd period lead today. That needs to change.

And how does that arena not have video review?

Comment

Well at least that tournament wasn't a disaster or anything...
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          Denver cup 2010!

Comment

Seen Wood play for years. Thought he would grow out it. Guess not. Not sure, but there must be more to it. Should not be on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              It was close in more ways than two. Jerry was talking with the ref at the BC bench with 0:08 to go, about the disallowed goal, when fire balls started falling on the BC bench from the rafters. A light had caught on fire above.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

A very bad two does in Estero, FL. Talk about giving away games.
                Monday night, BC scores 2 early in the first and then the OSU goalie goes into 'stand on head' mode. The Eagles still playing well and controlling play until a defensive turnover from behind the BC net early in the second results in an OSU goal. All of a sudden OSU springs to life and BC goes into 'suck' mode. A very soft 'fluke' goal ties the game late in the second. Third period... with 0:13 left to go on an OSU PP, the puck bounds out to the top of the circle in the middle of 3 BC guys, who start into their take off for a 3 on 1 shorthanded breakaway. Problem is, they forget to collect the puck. OSU does collect the puck and deposits a back door empty netter for the win.

Tuesday night... great game throughout with both goalies making some great saves. Both teams going through nice spurts of offensive attacks when BC finally breaks the the gridlock with a goal 7:00 into the third. A minute later, Santini takes probably the dumbest penalty I have ever seen anywhere (and that's saying a lot considering the dumb penalties this BC team habitually takes). Here's what happened... PC dumps the puck into the BC zone for a line change. BC d-man races back to collect the puck at the back boards while a lone PC fore checker is skating in at the circle. There's quite a lot of space there and the forechecker is really no threat at this point, but Santini decides to just knock him on his arse, for chits and giggles I guess. PC ties the game on the ensuing PP. Hate to single out Santinin for this play, as there was plenty of stupid to go around with more than a few guys in this tounament, but. . . W_T_F???

This BC team sure has some talent, but dang, they've got to get it together between the ears. Hockey is a tough game. It's even tougher when you're stupid. Jerry's got his work cut out for him.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Inability to hold onto leads has done in the Eagles the past three games, perhaps most glaringly that Notre Dame game I went to a few weeks back. That avalanche of shutouts to start the season is but a distant memory now. Still, even with this trio of losses, the Eagles have overachieved thus far in my opinion.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                    Inability to hold onto leads has done in the Eagles the past three games, perhaps most glaringly that Notre Dame game I went to a few weeks back. That avalanche of shutouts to start the season is but a distant memory now. Still, even with this trio of losses, the Eagles have overachieved thus far in my opinion.
                    I think they'll be fine when they get back to full strength. I feel a heck of a lot better with this crew than I did last season... primarily because of who graduated. It's a much stronger lineup but far from perfect. And Demko is a lot healthier than he has been in a long time. Demko has been outstanding even after that shutout streak ended. The record could be a lot worse if not for him and some fortunate events as well (Joe Cox taking a stupid penalty at Conte, a miraculous tie in a game that featured 8 BC penalties vs. NU, and a shocking 3rd period comeback vs. NU the next night after being down 3-1 in the 3rd).

The team is their own worst enemy right now. Generally those things work themselves out with York teams. And those weird things they never seem to have go their way in the regular season (scoring last night with no replay) always seems to even out in the postseason.
                    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-30-2015, 02:46 PM.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Said a while back it wasn't gonna be smooth sailing the whole way. Almost never is. Given the circumstances of losing streak, the ohio state game sticks out. Gotta take care of business up 2-0 on a bad team. Saying that, somehow ohio state destroyed cornell. Oh well. Time to respond. Two more against providence and then BU. really need to get back on track with a win over PC at conte.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I think they'll be fine when they get back to full strength.
                        This.

Yesterday they played 2 D as F, a F who they never intend to see the ice & a Dman who has been in school for about 30 minutes.

Comment

White is reliable. I'd say a lot hinges on wood. If he gets his act together, they can be,a great team. If he doesn't, they could be that one player away.

Comment

That and making things tougher on teams when you have a lead. Whether that's demko, a team mindset etc. Learn how to play from ahead.

Comment

if you think about it, this could very easily be a 5 game losing streak heading . The two NU games could/should have been losses

Comment

BC 16th in the Pairwise now? Get going, Ohio State
                                "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Working...
                                X