This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Miles Wood got a DQ with his ejection and is suspended for the PC game.

https://***********/bchockeynews/sta...75149859504128
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Miles Wood got a DQ with his ejection and is suspended for the PC game.

https://***********/bchockeynews/sta...75149859504128
      Was at this game. This was a terrible, terrible, terrible play. CFB sending an OSU player head first into the boards with 5 seconds left in the game. Hurt the OSU player and hurt his own team tomorrow.

Beyond that I'm not sure how BC lost. They were just murdering OSU all over the place in the first and were up 2-0 going on a 5 min PP. But somehow they managed not to score and it all started sliding downhill from there. Very Jekyll and Hyde performance all in one night.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Was at this game. This was a terrible, terrible, terrible play. CFB sending an OSU player head first into the boards with 5 seconds left in the game. Hurt the OSU player and hurt his own team tomorrow.

Beyond that I'm not sure how BC lost. They were just murdering OSU all over the place in the first and were up 2-0 going on a 5 min PP. But somehow they managed not to score and it all started sliding downhill from there. Very Jekyll and Hyde performance all in one night.
        Do you think Hockey East will suspend him for even more games? They have stepped in before for bad hits.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Well, not sure how that happened but it did. I left the house and they had a 2-0 lead in the first few minutes and figured it was another name-your-score affair. OSU is the most dysfunctional major conference program out there and would lose to the USA sled hockey team on most nights.

Miles Wood obviously needs to reel it in significantly. Wouldn't be surprised if York lets him watch a few games from the stands but with a mandatory one-game suspension and the meat of the schedule coming up I don't think he can afford to do that.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Was at this game. This was a terrible, terrible, terrible play. CFB sending an OSU player head first into the boards with 5 seconds left in the game. Hurt the OSU player and hurt his own team tomorrow. .
            Hmmm, maybe RossiRules was right.....from the NU thread: "Also, I will add that in the many years of watching Miles Wood play hockey 1st at Nobles and now at BC, I believe him to be the dirtiest player I have seen in 30 years of playing and watching. He may get to the NHL like his father , but if any one player deserves to be targeted for a career ending leg check it would be him. He is dangerous, and is an absolute disgrace to the uniform. The refs are on to him and he is being watched closely. His style may translate well in the NHL but there is no room in college hockey for a kid like him." .... (although I still disagree vehemently with the leg check comment)
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              Hmmm, maybe RossiRules was right.....from the NU thread: "Also, I will add that in the many years of watching Miles Wood play hockey 1st at Nobles and now at BC, I believe him to be the dirtiest player I have seen in 30 years of playing and watching. He may get to the NHL like his father , but if any one player deserves to be targeted for a career ending leg check it would be him. He is dangerous, and is an absolute disgrace to the uniform. The refs are on to him and he is being watched closely. His style may translate well in the NHL but there is no room in college hockey for a kid like him." .... (although I still disagree vehemently with the leg check comment)
              I don't know if I could go quite that far. On the other hand we played North Dakota four times a year for 30 plus years so I've seen some real beauties over the years in that regard.

I did watch Wood skate by and punch an OSU player right in the throat behind the net, which of course led to a BC power play as OSU was caught on the retaliatory elbowing. I don't like the way he plays and I personally would reign him in, but that's up to York to decide how he wants his guys to play. This play is something you never want to see anyway, as it's so dangerous, but then add on that the puck is leaving the zone and there's 5 seconds left in the game... I mean it can hardly get any dumber. I'd certainly hope York would do something if Hockey East doesn't.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Losing to a three-win team named after a nut is unacceptable, break or no break. So is brutalizing an opponent at the end of a game you threw away on your own ... I blame the players for last night's debacle, they'd better get their act together today for Providence.
                "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Game highlights. https://youtu.be/xNmv1lOJDyE

Interesting first goal by BC.

Comment

Well, that chews the root. Losing to a team they had no business losing to, and now they have to face Providence with no White AND no Wood. Eek.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Reminds me of when they played in denver cup after a great first half. Went up on a st. lawrence team 2-0, a team they would have beaten 9 out of 10 times. Ended up losing 5-2 or something. As if they were looking ahead. Hopefully a game like this sends a message. Attention to detail, 60 minute effort required.

Hopefully a message for wood as well. Either learn to play on the edge without losing your mind or move on from the college game. FWIW, recently read something about how the devils could very well look to sign him after this season. Kid has phenomenal talent but pretty clearly needs to get his act together.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Reminds me of when they played in denver cup after a great first half. Went up on a st. lawrence team 2-0, a team they would have beaten 9 out of 10 times. Ended up losing 5-2 or something. As if they were looking ahead. Hopefully a game like this sends a message. Attention to detail, 60 minute effort required.

Hopefully a message for wood as well. Either learn to play on the edge without losing your mind or move on from the college game. FWIW, recently read something about how the devils could very well look to sign him after this season. Kid has phenomenal talent but pretty clearly needs to get his act together.
                        I hope he can dial it back, or he's going to be the forward equivalent of Nick Petrecki and spend as much time in the box as on the ice.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

17 days between the ND game and last nights and now there's 10 days between tonight and the next game. Is that the norm?
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I would feel good with Lamoriello there, but with him gone who knows what happens. The Wood family is very much an education-first family, and while he is an older freshman I would be shocked to see him move on after a year.

Early in the year I felt like he was our best player. He seems to have tailed off. White has taken off. I still think they are our top 2 guys.

Really need Tuch to step up and be the next go-to guy.
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              17 days between the ND game and last nights and now there's 10 days between tonight and the next game. Is that the norm?
                              Yes.

Comment

Is there video of this hit anywhere?
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X