X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I know that ACC and Patriot League are miles apart in Basketball, but I'd like to see this with BU and BC. Hockey and Basketball. It happened once and they tried to name it "rivalry weekend" but it didn't seem to be planned to well. I'd think it could be somewhat successful if promoted and planned better.
    Could always play a quadruple header against Providence. Men's and Women's Hockey and Basketball.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Could always play a quadruple header against Providence. Men's and Women's Hockey and Basketball.
      wouldn't work with any other HE team except BU, but even then it doesnt it work, IMO. The big and B1G opponent had a lot to do with it , NU getting Sparty BBall inside Matthews was a coup.

Comment

would y'all start another good gambling or cocaine scandal to take the heat away from yer friends down the road?

thanks
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Gaudreau is 6th in the NHL in PPG
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Does Bates have any friends aside from that fatass Warde Manuel (the one guy he shouldn't be calling and making deals with)? Outside of the MAC, of course. I can see him picking up the phone next and phoning Miami of Ohio for a big weekend...
            That would have been a great idea when Bates arrived at Miami and we had very strong football and basketball programs, but by the time he left we had fallen off dramatically...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              wait, i thought he was too small for the nhl

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                You really have to tip your cap to the smaller guys BC has been able to bring in and put through to the NHL.

B. Gionta 876 NHL games (530 pts)
                Gerbe 367 NHL games
                Gaudreau 115 NHL games (102 points)
                S Gionta 223 NHL games (surprised the number was this high)
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  wouldn't work with any other HE team except BU, but even then it doesnt it work, IMO.
                  Sadly I think you are probably right. BU is so ambivalent about basketball that we moved our games back to the little high school sized gym upstairs. Even if BC were to ever come down and play at BU (not likely I know), I'm not sure we would even come close to filling Agganis.

Maybe having everything on one weekend is too much and makes for too busy of a sports weekend for everyone.

That being said, I would still like to see BU and BC playing regularly in basketball. It seems as if BC/Harvard have a nice series going.

Maybe if they somehow thought outside of the box with student tickets (even for the visiting teams students) etc, they could make this something of a "rivalry" game. Heck BU couldn't draw much worse than the UMass Lowell and Central Connecticut games.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Sadly I think you are probably right. BU is so ambivalent about basketball that we moved our games back to the little high school sized gym upstairs. Even if BC were to ever come down and play at BU (not likely I know), I'm not sure we would even come close to filling Agganis.

Maybe having everything on one weekend is too much and makes for too busy of a sports weekend for everyone.

That being said, I would still like to see BU and BC playing regularly in basketball. It seems as if BC/Harvard have a nice series going.

Maybe if they somehow thought outside of the box with student tickets (even for the visiting teams students) etc, they could make this something of a "rivalry" game. Heck BU couldn't draw much worse than the UMass Lowell and Central Connecticut games.
                    Let's be honest, no one cares about BC hoops unless they are playing Duke or UNC
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      You really have to tip your cap to the smaller guys BC has been able to bring in and put through to the NHL.

B. Gionta 876 NHL games (530 pts)
                      Gerbe 367 NHL games
                      Gaudreau 115 NHL games (102 points)
                      S Gionta 223 NHL games (surprised the number was this high)
                      Just had a conversation about this yesterday at a corporate gathering.
                      I never had a doubt about B. Gionta. Regardless of his size, he is built like a fire hydrant, big bones, stocky and very strong. Can absorb a lot of whatever gets dished his way.
                      Gerbe... not as strong, but very quick and able to avoid the big hit and big trouble. Can absorb some big hits.
                      Johnny G. . . A very, very slight build. I always thought they would break him in half at the NHL level. UNTIL I saw his junior year. JG got hurt in his soph year (I believe at World Juniors) and although half of JG is better than anyone else on the ice, he was not the same player the entire second half of that season. Jr. year he came back healthy and smarter, as guys took runs at him all season and he rarely took a hit. So, he became as much of a magician at avoiding hits as he was with the puck. He learned to avoid pretty much every hit. He's going to have to continue to be vigilant in his self survival... never letting his guard down. His bone structure simply cannot absorb a heavy hit, especially from the grunts in the NHL. I think he'll survive... smartest guy on the ice.

Skill level for all of these guys was never a doubt, IMO. Johnny G skill level is off the charts.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Just had a conversation about this yesterday at a corporate gathering.
                        I never had a doubt about B. Gionta. Regardless of his size, he is built like a fire hydrant, big bones, stocky and very strong. Can absorb a lot of whatever gets dished his way.
                        Gerbe... not as strong, but very quick and able to avoid the big hit and big trouble. Can absorb some big hits.
                        Johnny G. . . A very, very slight build. I always thought they would break him in half at the NHL level. UNTIL I saw his junior year. JG got hurt in his soph year (I believe at World Juniors) and although half of JG is better than anyone else on the ice, he was not the same player the entire second half of that season. Jr. year he came back healthy and smarter, as guys took runs at him all season and he rarely took a hit. So, he became as much of a magician at avoiding hits as he was with the puck. He learned to avoid pretty much every hit. He's going to have to continue to be vigilant in his self survival... never letting his guard down. His bone structure simply cannot absorb a heavy hit, especially from the grunts in the NHL. I think he'll survive... smartest guy on the ice.

Skill level for all of these guys was never a doubt, IMO. Johnny G skill level is off the charts.
                        Wow, thank you Dr. FiveHole! Who foresaw a discussion of Endomorphs vs. Ectomorphs happening on a college hockey forum. Honestly, I feel smarter today!
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Sadly I think you are probably right. BU is so ambivalent about basketball that we moved our games back to the little high school sized gym upstairs. Even if BC were to ever come down and play at BU (not likely I know), I'm not sure we would even come close to filling Agganis..
                          the igles fans would come fill it up since they could drink beer (with the nice price of $8.03 )
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

great point, i don't think i've ever seen someone square up johnny

Comment

Matty Gaudreau was at the game the other night in Calgary and after Johnny sealed the game with a nice goal they panned over to Matty drinking a beverage in celebration in the stands. Made me chuckle a little bit.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Wow, thank you Dr. FiveHole! Who foresaw a discussion of Endomorphs vs. Ectomorphs happening on a college hockey forum. Honestly, I feel smarter today!
                                Here's something else to smartin' you up... DRINK YOUR MILK, dammit.
                                Don't matter how big your bones are. If you don't drink your milk, they'll snap like twigs. True story.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X