This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Sheesh, what have you done for me lately i guess. Slow start on score sheet but picked it up lately.

Gaudreau has impressed but he also gets to play with white and fitzgerald. A step above Gilmour and Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Some BC peeps getting into it with jonathan bracco on twitter. He thinks york is the reason bracco wasn't invited. Even though, you know, york isn't the coach, gm, or officially part of usa hockey.
      what a total idiot

Comment

yes but thanks to twitter we get a view into such idiocy in 140 character bites!

Comment

Saw on BU thread that they don't have any games scheduled during WJC and that that is likely to continue in future years. Hadn't heard of any program doing that before but it makes sense. On the flip side, if every program that sends players to the WJC did that, what would happen to these holiday tournaments?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Saw on BU thread that they don't have any games scheduled during WJC and that that is likely to continue in future years. Hadn't heard of any program doing that before but it makes sense. On the flip side, if every program that sends players to the WJC did that, what would happen to these holiday tournaments?
            NU already gets invited off the hook for teams looking at 2 easy wins. AIC would gladly do the same
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I would re-ask the question as what would happen if every program that could reasonably expect to be missing 3+ players did that, as that's when it gets hard to deal with the lost bodies? And then we are down to 5-7 or so programs a year, and only BC and Minn regularly play holiday tournaments out of that group as far as I know, and Minn is a host of theirs. So the only real impact is BC, as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                That Bracco family meltdown on twitter last night was priceless. And to be honest it was spectacular to see in almost a sad way. BUT BUT BUT he is the all-time assist leader!!!!!!
                I read up on that on the T this morning. Wow. How is Jeremy not horrified at that conversation?? His constant posting of the screen shot of the all-time assist leader was insane. He kept posting it on so many people's Twitter feeds! Like, dude, we GET. IT. Makes you wonder if he stayed at BC if he would've gotten an invite.

Comment

If trying to avoid missing players it didn't work out this year as Hickey will be team Canada camp this weekend whole BU is at Yale and Quinnipiac
                  Have also been told playing holiday tourneys lessens amount of home game--BU-cornell at MSG is sort of a 2 team tournament

Comment

Great pic of him in a giants jersey and yankees hat. You'd think someone in the bracco camp would tell him to put a lid on his twitter account. But maybe this guy is leading the bracco camp. Scary thought!
                    It appears he's deleted his little tirade. Shame, I wanted to study up on the all-time assists rankings.
                    Mule train, yeah, yeah!

Comment

Bracco and his entourage need to stop chirping and play hockey. He talks an awful lot for a guy who has done nothing thus far out of high school hockey.

Comment

think it was Barnaby (who granted isn't all knowing) who said scouts were saying bracco couldn't keep up with the speed of college. guess it's one of the reasons why he went to play with the 16 year olds.

surprised tuch didn't make it, think usa could've used his size up front. he'd be the heaviest forward on the team by 20 lbs. oh well, bc's gain

speaking of bc, has anyone figured out why the f the game is on Thursday?

Comment

I don't pay close enough attention to these things but from the people in the know, seems like there were a lot of head scratching decisions made by USA Hockey. Not like I can sit here and say Tuch deserves to be on team over X, Y and Z. Can't do it. Haven't seen all these guys. That being said, it's still surprising. As you say though, BC's gain. Would love to see Fitzgerald make it but selfishly wouldn't mind if he doesn't. From what I have seen of him this year, he was deserving of at least a look from USA Hockey.

I just checked both basketball team schedules and women's hockey. Doesn't appear to be anything that would prevent the game from being Friday night. I really have no idea. Speaking of basketball, let's hope the hockey team avoided Chipotle recently.

Comment

Is Tuch even at 100% health at this point? He was banged up to start the season coming from the USA camp right?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I don't pay close enough attention to these things but from the people in the know, seems like there were a lot of head scratching decisions made by USA Hockey. Not like I can sit here and say Tuch deserves to be on team over X, Y and Z. Can't do it. Haven't seen all these guys. That being said, it's still surprising. As you say though, BC's gain. Would love to see Fitzgerald make it but selfishly wouldn't mind if he doesn't. From what I have seen of him this year, he was deserving of at least a look from USA Hockey.

I just checked both basketball team schedules and women's hockey. Doesn't appear to be anything that would prevent the game from being Friday night. I really have no idea. Speaking of basketball, let's hope the hockey team avoided Chipotle recently.
                              My best guess is that finals start on Saturday. While they are on the road, BC Women are also playing a Thursday game and not another game the rest of the weekend. I think PC is also playing on Thursday only.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

another miserable turnout last Saturday vs Northeastern. Under 5000 on a Saturday night. Not understanding this. Even Notre Dame wont help a Thursday night gate. Nary a 6000 turnout all year. We should have two 7884's to start 2016 with PC and BU. Home and home vs both to start the second half. A win thursday would be huge. We needed to make hay with the easier part of the schedule on the front end. PC, BU Mack h&h's and then UML h&h to end the season as well as a visit to South Bendover Jan 29th. That's a tough schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X