This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

I don't think York had anything to do with it but fair is fair.

He walked out on the team after only 5 games and didn't even tell the coach face to face his sudden departure. If you make a commitment then keep your word at least for a year. You walk out on your team mates and burn a scholarship. I think some of his team mates said it best, if he didn't want to be here, good riddance.

Thinking about it, maybe USA Hockey looked at it and said, if he walked out on York, maybe he will do the same on our team when it doesn't suit him anymore. "We only want guys who want to be here."
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Even though, you know, york isn't the coach, gm, or officially part of usa hockey.
      I have no idea if York was responsible or not, but I'd bet he has some influence with the guys at USA hockey. It's a relatively small community and Bracco burnt a bridge related to someone who has been in that community a long time.
      Last edited by Tater; 12-07-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

They may have asked for his opinion but i would think they already know bracco well enough via other tournaments and camps etc. I certainly don't think york would go out of his way to campaign against bracco. I just find it very hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          I have know idea
          You don't say?
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Maybe USA hockey wasn't looking for someone who would take his ball and go home a couple games into the tournament if he wasn't placed on the first line?

Comment

Lots of good players out there at 96 level. Garland for example is much better and would fit that role better. York had nothing to do with it, has moved on and is above that
              If I asked by the right protected source, he of course would share his honest direct opinion but what high end coach doesn't.
              He didn't get invited because he is not better than the players invited. He is a 97 and will probably get his turn next year.

Comment

I was just about to say, I wonder what hoky thinks of this. Obviously you and I both have been critical of previous bad decisions by Team USA but this really doesn't seem like that bad of a decision. Can't have a kid that is a b!itch ruining team chemistry during this tournament or a kid that is afraid to go into corners because he is #notagrinder.

We all know York had nothing to do with this (Tater, how is the attendance analysis going for this season?).

That Bracco family meltdown on twitter last night was priceless. And to be honest it was spectacular to see in almost a sad way. BUT BUT BUT he is the all-time assist leader!!!!!!

It's shocking but who could have guessed that when you become an adult and you make decisions, they might actually have consequences.

REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see USA get the gold now without him.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  I don't think York had anything to do with it but fair is fair.

He walked out on the team after only 5 games and didn't even tell the coach face to face his sudden departure. If you make a commitment then keep your word at least for a year. You walk out on your team mates and burn a scholarship. I think some of his team mates said it best, if he didn't want to be here, good riddance.

Thinking about it, maybe USA Hockey looked at it and said, if he walked out on York, maybe he will do the same on our team when it doesn't suit him anymore. "We only want guys who want to be here."
                  I wonder what Hanafin, White, and some of his other former teammates think of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    That Bracco family meltdown on twitter last night was priceless.
                    Is Jonathan Bracco his father?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Is Jonathan Bracco his father?
                      Elite prospects says it is his uncle. Whatever the relation, he is a sweet little mongoloid.
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Elite prospects says it is his uncle. Whatever the relation, he is a sweet little mongoloid.
                        Great pic of him in a giants jersey and yankees hat. You'd think someone in the bracco camp would tell him to put a lid on his twitter account. But maybe this guy is leading the bracco camp. Scary thought!

Comment

Also wonder about any possible tension between white/tuch and bracco. Maybe they wanted to avoid that at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Amusing reading, for sure. Thanks
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Amusing reading, for sure. Thanks
                              Until you get sick of reading "All-time assists leader" and blah blah blah "Pat Kane"

Comment

I went to look at BC stats after reading that Tuch isn't getting an invite to the World Junior camp either. Wow. Raise your hand if you had Matthew Gaudreau outscoring Alex Tuch before the season started.

Comment

Working...
                                X