PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

FiveHole12
12-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Well at least that tournament wasn't a disaster or anything...
It was close in more ways than two. Jerry was talking with the ref at the BC bench with 0:08 to go, about the disallowed goal, when fire balls started falling on the BC bench from the rafters. A light had caught on fire above.

FiveHole12
12-29-2015, 10:20 PM
A very bad two does in Estero, FL. Talk about giving away games.
Monday night, BC scores 2 early in the first and then the OSU goalie goes into 'stand on head' mode. The Eagles still playing well and controlling play until a defensive turnover from behind the BC net early in the second results in an OSU goal. All of a sudden OSU springs to life and BC goes into 'suck' mode. A very soft 'fluke' goal ties the game late in the second. Third period... with 0:13 left to go on an OSU PP, the puck bounds out to the top of the circle in the middle of 3 BC guys, who start into their take off for a 3 on 1 shorthanded breakaway. Problem is, they forget to collect the puck. OSU does collect the puck and deposits a back door empty netter for the win.

Tuesday night... great game throughout with both goalies making some great saves. Both teams going through nice spurts of offensive attacks when BC finally breaks the the gridlock with a goal 7:00 into the third. A minute later, Santini takes probably the dumbest penalty I have ever seen anywhere (and that's saying a lot considering the dumb penalties this BC team habitually takes). Here's what happened... PC dumps the puck into the BC zone for a line change. BC d-man races back to collect the puck at the back boards while a lone PC fore checker is skating in at the circle. There's quite a lot of space there and the forechecker is really no threat at this point, but Santini decides to just knock him on his arse, for chits and giggles I guess. PC ties the game on the ensuing PP. Hate to single out Santinin for this play, as there was plenty of stupid to go around with more than a few guys in this tounament, but. . . W_T_F???

This BC team sure has some talent, but dang, they've got to get it together between the ears. Hockey is a tough game. It's even tougher when you're stupid. Jerry's got his work cut out for him.

Chris_NH
12-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Inability to hold onto leads has done in the Eagles the past three games, perhaps most glaringly that Notre Dame game I went to a few weeks back. That avalanche of shutouts to start the season is but a distant memory now. Still, even with this trio of losses, the Eagles have overachieved thus far in my opinion.

Nick Papagiorgio
12-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Inability to hold onto leads has done in the Eagles the past three games, perhaps most glaringly that Notre Dame game I went to a few weeks back. That avalanche of shutouts to start the season is but a distant memory now. Still, even with this trio of losses, the Eagles have overachieved thus far in my opinion.

I think they'll be fine when they get back to full strength. I feel a heck of a lot better with this crew than I did last season... primarily because of who graduated. It's a much stronger lineup but far from perfect. And Demko is a lot healthier than he has been in a long time. Demko has been outstanding even after that shutout streak ended. The record could be a lot worse if not for him and some fortunate events as well (Joe Cox taking a stupid penalty at Conte, a miraculous tie in a game that featured 8 BC penalties vs. NU, and a shocking 3rd period comeback vs. NU the next night after being down 3-1 in the 3rd).

The team is their own worst enemy right now. Generally those things work themselves out with York teams. And those weird things they never seem to have go their way in the regular season (scoring last night with no replay) always seems to even out in the postseason.

J.D.
12-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Said a while back it wasn't gonna be smooth sailing the whole way. Almost never is. Given the circumstances of losing streak, the ohio state game sticks out. Gotta take care of business up 2-0 on a bad team. Saying that, somehow ohio state destroyed cornell. Oh well. Time to respond. Two more against providence and then BU. really need to get back on track with a win over PC at conte.

claver2010
12-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I think they'll be fine when they get back to full strength.

This.

Yesterday they played 2 D as F, a F who they never intend to see the ice & a Dman who has been in school for about 30 minutes.

J.D.
12-30-2015, 04:42 PM
White is reliable. I'd say a lot hinges on wood. If he gets his act together, they can be,a great team. If he doesn't, they could be that one player away.

J.D.
12-30-2015, 04:44 PM
That and making things tougher on teams when you have a lead. Whether that's demko, a team mindset etc. Learn how to play from ahead.

sterlippo1
01-01-2016, 03:39 PM
if you think about it, this could very easily be a 5 game losing streak heading . The two NU games could/should have been losses

bcmsu9196
01-04-2016, 04:40 PM
BC 16th in the Pairwise now? Get going, Ohio State

The Zlax45
01-06-2016, 04:28 PM
That and making things tougher on teams when you have a lead. Whether that's demko, a team mindset etc. Learn how to play from ahead.

And Demko is out injured now according to the Globe https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/06/banged-hockey-team-adds-goaltender-ian-milosz/qMyMKAYnyw1TZoYhq7r0hK/story.html

Cross Check
01-06-2016, 08:23 PM
And Demko is out injured now according to the Globe https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/06/banged-hockey-team-adds-goaltender-ian-milosz/qMyMKAYnyw1TZoYhq7r0hK/story.html

Oy.

J.D.
01-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Oh boy. Birdsall also injured. New guy thrown into the fire. Could get ugly if demko is out for a while.

FiveHole12
01-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Here's another article regarding the goalies.
Jr. Bruins join BC (http://www.uscho.com/2016/01/06/boston-college-adds-two-boston-jr-bruins-products-for-second-half-of-15-16-season/#ixzz3wVBvfykK)

“With an extended injury to Brendan Silk and the departure of Jeremy Bracco, we needed more depth on our roster,” York said in a news release. “Michael has already proven he can be a valuable asset and we welcome his presence to our lineup. Ian will be a valuable asset to our club. Due to an injury to goaltender Chris (Birdsall), Ian’s presence was needed for practice and we look for him to play an important role for our team here in the second half.”

We'll know more about the accuracy of the Globe vs USCHO reports on Friday night.
BTW... Kim has game.

Tater
01-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Here's another article regarding the goalies.
Jr. Bruins join BC (http://www.uscho.com/2016/01/06/boston-college-adds-two-boston-jr-bruins-products-for-second-half-of-15-16-season/#ixzz3wVBvfykK)

We'll know more about the accuracy of the Globe vs USCHO reports on Friday night.
BTW... Kim has game.

Why don't you think the reports are accurate?

FiveHole12
01-07-2016, 12:01 AM
I think one is probably accurate. The reports contradict each other. One says Milosz was brought in to fill in for the injured Demko. The other quotes York as saying Milosz was brought in for the injured backup goaltender, Chris Birdsall.

Both reports are dated Jan. 6th. One must be inaccurate. That's all I'm saying.

J.D.
01-07-2016, 12:16 AM
I thought milosz was already on board when demko was healthy. Birdsall has been injured so they brought this kid in. They didn't "bring in" milosz because demko got hurt. He was already on his way.

The Zlax45
01-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Looks like the USCHO report is just a press release from BC

FiveHole12
01-07-2016, 12:02 PM
I thought milosz was already on board when demko was healthy. Birdsall has been injured so they brought this kid in. They didn't "bring in" milosz because demko got hurt. He was already on his way.
I don't know when Milosz was added to the roster. He wasn't dressed in Florida IIRC (I recall only seeing Demko and Joyce in warmups both nights). Kim played against PC in FL, I'm guessing because of the Wood DQ in game one. Teddy was moved up to forward Tuesday to fill in for Wood, and Kim filled in at D.
FWIW... I have no idea what may be wrong with Demko. Never saw him get hurt against OSU and he looked fine the next night against PC.

theprofromdover
01-07-2016, 12:07 PM
I don't know when Milosz was added to the roster. He wasn't dressed in Florida IIRC (I recall only seeing Demko and Joyce in warmups both nights). Kim played against PC in FL, I'm guessing because of the Wood DQ in game one. Teddy was moved up to forward Tuesday to fill in for Wood, and Kim filled in at D.
FWIW... I have no idea what may be wrong with Demko. Never saw him get hurt against OSU and he looked fine the next night against PC.

Birdsall & Demko with concussions and Joyce with with a pulled hamstring.