• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Embarrassing officiating right now

Comment

Lost a food amount of key faceoffs, including the equalizer. Stevens open in slot

Comment

is that mark chumura's kid i just saw wearing a sparty football jersey?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wake up call after tonight. They need to clean up the penalties and focus on Sunday. Some very questionable calls and the one by Ryan Fitz was a big one that never should have been called. No one touched the goalie and BC needs to regroup for Sunday's game. Give the Huskies credit, they played very well after being down 2-0.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I was impressed with NU and their relentless forecheck. I was not impressed with BC's decision to sit on a 3-2 lead with 10:00 to go. Prevent defense sucks, and more often than not, it fails. It failed last night.

Me thinks Mr. Michael Baker would be better suited to refereeing MIAA hockey. Just sayin'.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              I was impressed with NU and their relentless forecheck. I was not impressed with BC's decision to sit on a 3-2 lead with 10:00 to go. Prevent defense sucks, and more often than not, it fails. It failed last night.

Me thinks Mr. Michael Baker would be better suited to refereeing MIAA hockey. Just sayin'.
              See my post on EA.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                See my post on EA.
                Baker made every call in the third I believe, possibly in the game, I'm not sure. I have no issue with the Wood calls. Clearly penalties. There was some instigation going on after the whistle by an opponent that led up to those hits, but Wood needs to let that stuff go and get payback within the rule book. I have no issue with the Couturier boarding either. In fact, I thought he was lucky to have not gotten 5:00 and Game as well. That was a pretty aggressive hit.

Baker's issues... NU guys falling down in the first and second periods (at least 8-10 times), whenever a BC skater was anywhere near them. Clearly attempts at drawing a call (that's called Diving, Mr. Baker), and I'm fine with the no-calls. But all of a sudden those dives become trips to start the third? Bull chit. If you're going to call a trip in those instances, you have to call the embellishment.
                Matty Gaudreau misconduct... probably deserved, but probably never happens if the man called the game both ways.
                Ryan Fitzgerald has a 10' long stick? He only brings it out to trip goalies.
                NU was not the SMT's out there last night, but the Box Score says they were. That chit is frustrating and can turn a game into an 'out of control' game quite easily (see: the Couturier hit). Mr. Baker needs to learn that.

It will be interesting to see what happens today. I'm sure Jerry will rein in the troops and get them focused on playing hockey. Rightly or wrongly, I'm guessing there might be the feeling that some payback is still owed. If so, I hope it happens early and then they get on with playing hockey. NU always plays us tough and coming out of there today with 2 points would be payback enough.
                Last edited by FiveHole12; 12-06-2015, 09:13 AM.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

That *** did our game Friday and blew chunks. He is sucks donkey balls
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If Baker wanted to make it appear like he actively wanted Northeastern to win, then he did a fine job. The ticky-tack and non-existent calls on BC were bad enough, but when Gaudreau gets BURIED from behind in clear view of the refs and no penalty, well, not cool sir, not cool.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Calling couturier right after that...wow. you can't have it both ways. That's why players get frustrated.

Comment

Tuch had a shift shortly after the gaudreau misconduct i believe where he was determined to hit every NU player on the ice. He was frustrated, santini after NU tied it at 2, gaudreau, couturier. It's an emotional game and that's what happens when you don't call a fair game.

Hopefully the team got some rest because they had nothing left towards the end of the game. Short bench and killing penalties had a major impact on that. I expect them to play better today regardless of outcome.

Comment

BTW... there was no explanation for Fitzy's disallowed goal. Anyone have any idea why it was disallowed? Anyone see a replay?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            BTW... there was no explanation for Fitzy's disallowed goal. Anyone have any idea why it was disallowed? Anyone see a replay?
                            The second period yielded no score despite a goal being called back on Ryan Fitzgerald at 8:26. Steve Santini sent a home-run pass up the boards where R. Fitzgerald sprinted to the goal and snuck it by Ruck, but the goal was disallowed because it was deemed goaltender interference.
                            http://bceagles.com/news/2015/12/5/M...x?path=mhockey
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              If Baker wanted to make it appear like he actively wanted Northeastern to win, then he did a fine job. The ticky-tack and non-existent calls on BC were bad enough, but when Gaudreau gets BURIED from behind in clear view of the refs and no penalty, well, not cool sir, not cool.
                              You know we had a joking discussion about not having Gravelese and Bennedetto reffing this game and we got this instead ! )) What a cluster****
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Couple PPGs for NU. 7 seconds of PP time for BC if my math is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X