This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Ummm, Joe Mullen, Brian Leetch, should I continue? ILB isn't considered that important of a position in pro football. He's a great player, but many BC hockey alums are far better in their sport.
    Sterlippo is old. Cut him some slack
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Besides

Everyone knows mike mamula was the best bc athlete evah!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I have no idea where he ranks but he is more than your typical inside backer. He's an every down player, run, pass...does it all. Interceptions, forcing fumbles, sideline to sideline speed. He's not your jerod mayo type inside backer for example.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Ummm, Joe Mullen, Brian Leetch, should I continue? ILB isn't considered that important of a position in pro football. He's a great player, but many BC hockey alums are far better in their sport.
          you can continue but before you do, read what i said

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Sterlippo is old. Cut him some slack
            true, i'm old but i stand by my post
            Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-27-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

The linesman today, Steve Capraro, is one fat ****. I don''t remember seeing someone that overweight in all my years of attending games.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Even considering the opponent and falling behind 2-0, the passing and breakouts were on point. Just a completely different feel from last year. Schedule gets a lot tougher and they will drop some games but this team should be in position to do great things.

Comment

The next 3 games are HE games and very winnable to end the first half on a great flourish.

Even #20 gets to play )

After that they have PC and BU coming up in January and possibly PC in the Xmas Tournament.

This freshmen class is really the difference this year even after Bracco's departure.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Very impressive the way this team rallies around each other. They were controlling play in the first and then get behind, 2-0, and it's like, OK, now we've got to take this to another level boys... and they do! Fun, fun team to watch.

Mattie G continues to impress. He makes things happen out there.
                    Josh Couturier reminds me a little of Brendan Buckley. Like this kids game.
                    Scott Savage is a very different player from a year ago. Kudo's to him.
                    Chris Brown stepping up in Calnan's absence.

A lot of weapons out there. Never know who's going to strike next.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      The next 3 games are HE games and very winnable to end the first half on a great flourish.

Even #20 gets to play )

After that they have PC and BU coming up in January and possibly PC in the Xmas Tournament.

This freshmen class is really the difference this year even after Bracco's departure.
                      they will probably play PC three times in a row

Comment

agreed, kudos in order for matty gaudreau. i didn't think he'd develop into this type of player (remembering back at UMLOL a couple of years ago, he really got pushed around). he's on pace for ~35 point season, even if he slows down that's more than anyone could've hoped.

some other random thoughts:
                        skater leading the team in +/-? older fitz. he was the 3rd worst skater in that last year (behind quinn & savage)
                        kudos also in line for savage, wasn't really his biggest fan his first 2 years but very solid thus far.
                        i don't go as far back as some others but can anyone a call a group of dmen that can hammer the puck like these guys?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          i don't go as far back as some others but can anyone a call a group of dmen that can hammer the puck like these guys?
                          2000-01 Bobby Allen, Rob Scuderi, Brooks Orpik.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

congrats to the Men's Soccer team, they win at #3 Georgetown and advance to the Elite Eight...............where did the heck that come from?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              I will say McCoshen has the hardest slapper I've seen in my 18 years of watching BC.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It's hard not to appreciate how well Gaudreau and Chris Brown have played when given the chance to move up in the lineup. Depth that this team could only dream of the past couple of years. So nice to have it back.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X