This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

I do admit I enjoy going back to the building because in my sports journalism days I loved covering the late, great Whalers for smaller Connecticut media outlets. But the security thugs were another story. They were far worse than anything I've encountered covering MTA board meetings in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by paulfb View Post
      Drove up from New York for the game. Grew up in Brighton and lived in Hartford for 11 years. At entry they told us that per UConn policy, they couldn't let my girlfriend her take her camera into the arena. UConn, of course, is the 800-pound gorilla in that state.

So be it. I brought her camera back to my car and put it in the trunk. Then, when we tried to enter again, some thuggish female security guard who probably couldn't spell Connecticut got out a tape measure and told her that her purse was too big. We made a stink and they let us through, but put a silly green wristband on the purse. I asked if that assured us free roller-coaster rides and they gave us dirty looks.

Nice to see BC hang a four-spot in the first 11 minutes. By the way, if they announced a crowd of 7,200, they were lying.
      Given the recent ISIS events, I would imagine they were probably overdoing things a little bit. Somewhat understandable.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Given the recent ISIS events, I would imagine they were probably overdoing things a little bit. Somewhat understandable.
        Hartford seems more a recruiting pool than a victim pool!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          you mean ISIL?

Comment

this is interesting, from the kid "For the first time all season, the staff rolled three lines as neither Peter McMullen nor Travis Jeke saw any ice time." vs Yukon no less which i guess i understand given last year's debacle. Jerry wasn't taking prisoners here

Comment

When it gets to a point where mcmullen dresses, it's clear they don't want to play him. So that really makes it a 3 line game. Not ideal long term but can get away with it temporarily. No idea what's going on with silk but would be nice to get either him or calnan back as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                When it gets to a point where mcmullen dresses, it's clear they don't want to play him. So that really makes it a 3 line game. Not ideal long term but can get away with it temporarily. No idea what's going on with silk but would be nice to get either him or calnan back as soon as possible.
                makes sense . Always hard to get info on any injury and with Silk, who knows? The Kid only mentions both being out but no reason given for Silk

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  makes sense . Always hard to get info on any injury and with Silk, who knows? The Kid only mentions both being out but no reason given for Silk
                  You missed it...
                  As for the visitors, they will be without senior Brendan Silk (separated shoulder) and junior Chris Calnan (upper body). The staff will go with the same lineup as Saturday night with the only exception being Peter McMullen taking Chris Brown's spot on the fourth line.
                  Happy Thanksgiving All.
                  Last edited by FiveHole12; 11-26-2015, 08:14 AM.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    You missed it...

Happy Thanksgiving All.
                    thanks FiveHole12, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      you mean ISIL?
                      or Daesh.

Comment

hey folks I am headed over to the RIT game saturday. I have a question about seating. Are all the seats chair style or bleacher.I may be going with an older person depending on the set up. Bleacher seating would be a no go for them .Thanks in advance and happy thanksgiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          hey folks I am headed over to the RIT game saturday. I have a question about seating. Are all the seats chair style or bleacher.I may be going with an older person depending on the set up. Bleacher seating would be a no go for them .Thanks in advance and happy thanksgiving.
                          Upper level seats are bench. It shouldn't be hard to find empty lower bowl seats for this game.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Upper level seats are bench. It shouldn't be hard to find empty lower bowl seats for this game.
                            Thanks.much appreciated.

Comment

by the time he hangs it up, if not already, Luke Kuechly will be/is the best player in any sport that BC has ever produced and is just as good a role model

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                by the time he hangs it up, if not already, Luke Kuechly will be/is the best player in any sport that BC has ever produced and is just as good a role model
                                Ummm, Joe Mullen, Brian Leetch, should I continue? ILB isn't considered that important of a position in pro football. He's a great player, but many BC hockey alums are far better in their sport.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X